Respect the National anthems - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Respect the National anthems

alanrevie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, alanrevie said:

Does anyone else agree that we should respect the English National anthem?

It's a bit hypocritical if we call ourselves respectful but make excuses for one opponent, even if it is the auld enemy!

No. Fk em.

No goin there te respect them, goin there te beat them. 

10 hours ago, alanrevie said:

It's a bit hypocritical if we call ourselves respectful but make excuses for one opponent, even if it is the auld enemy!

When England boo our anthem first, which they will, are you still going to subserviently stay quiet?

12 hours ago, alanrevie said:

I'm not going to boo their anthem but not out of any particular respect for it. Booing it just seems like a pretty pointless gesture - it certainly won't make any difference to the score. I don't like anything by Beyonce either but I don't boo her drivel. No point. I'm going to the game purely to get behind Scotland and not get obsessed with the opposition or get upset by some song. Each to their own, each to their own...

22 hours ago, alanrevie said:

Never ever ever never

On that TA fb page some of the same people who are keen to respect the anthems and the poppy tribute are traveling proudly with 'f*** England' and 'English b*****ds' scarves. Ironic eh? Some sections of our support distress me at times ?

Did people boo anthems years ago? Been going to games regularly since 2003. First time I remember it happening at a game I was at was Lithuania after one of the players dived for a penalty the previous time we played them (I think?)

FOS being played first gives us the moral high ground, If they boo ours they can't complain if we boo theirs.

I really hope the minutes silence will be observed. Thousands of Scots who fought and died in numerous wars are being remembered. Got a horrible feeling it will be ruined by people being too pished to realise what's going on, hope I'm wrong. I live in London and will never hear the end of it.

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

I really hope the minutes silence will be observed. Thousands of Scots who fought and died in numerous wars are being remembered. Got a horrible feeling it will be ruined by people being too pished to realise what's going on, hope I'm wrong. I live in London and will never hear the end of it.

No chance. It'll be observed impeccably from both sides.