Oli Burke - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oli Burke

calmc92

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Chesney TA said:

Anyone who has watched Burke will agree there is a lot of work to be done on his technique and touch before he plays as a striker or number 10 for club or country.

Let's assume you're right and his "technique and touch" (2 remarkably vague terms that could mean a whole host of things but i won't digress any further)need "a lot of work". How do you think the best way to improve these is? Don't you think that playing him and asking him to try out the things he'll be doing in training in a match situation is the best way to improve them? 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Let's assume you're right and his "technique and touch" (2 remarkably vague terms that could mean a whole host of things but i won't digress any further)need "a lot of work". How do you think the best way to improve these is? Don't you think that playing him and asking him to try out the things he'll be doing in training in a match situation is the best way to improve them? 

He needs to be more careful with the ball, particularly if he is going to play as a 10.  Presumably that is being worked on at RB Leipzig and training with better technical coaches and players will give him every chance of improving.  But he shouldn't be playing in either position until he's ready given what he still has to learn.  Given his physical and athletic attributes, he'll be some player if he can master the technical side of the game.

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Agreed. Also Burke is miles behind our "world class" players so over hyped by some on here such as Barry Bannan and James Forrest isn't he! 

On 30/11/2016 at 2:37 PM, ProudScot said:

Agreed. Also Burke is miles behind our "world class" players so over hyped by some on here such as Barry Bannan and James Forrest isn't he! 

Can you find anyone who's said Bannan and Forrest are world class?

Can you even find anyone who thinks Forrest should start ahead of Burke?

Always nice to make totally fictitious points tho, eh?

5 minutes ago, andyD said:

Can you find anyone who's said Bannan and Forrest are world class?

Can you even find anyone who thinks Forrest should start ahead of Burke?

Always nice to make totally fictitious points tho, eh?

@PASTA Mick - thread for you here. 

• 1 month later...

German leagues have been on a winter shutdown from before Xmas, and won't begin again for a couple of weeks. 

Their last game was against B

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

Think the Bundesliga has been shut down since before Xmas.

Yes, won't restart for a couple of weeks. Burke got about 10 mins in the last game against Bayern, but the game was well lost by that time. 

Edited by Brummie Hibs

Guest BlueGaz
22 minutes ago, Ormond said:

The thought of 8000 Huns on their travels fills me with embarrassment. ;)

I know how you feel.  I get the same feeling with 5 rotund Aberdonians rolling on and off a plane on their travels.