Ticket Collections - Page 3 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Collections

DoonTheSlope

In honesty this isnt a surprise speaking to a couple of people I know who went down who had tickets for the England end, they went up to one of the windows (not sure if it was the SSC or just a main one) and claimed they had been sent out tickets for the wrong end and were handed replacements for the Scotland end. Not sure if these replacements are some they have spare for occurances like this but if they had spares then surley they could have given you one knowing your tickets had been handed out incorrectly. Or even worse they were just handing out the tickets of people who had paid for them and not picked them up yet

I also seen guys sneaking into the ground quite easily.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Maybe if they showed some respect didn't treat their customers with sheer and utter contempt they would receive the same respect back?

Unlikely.  Dealing with the general public (particularly if they've been drinking) is a nightmare.  We seem to feel in the UK that someone serving you is fair game for any old snash.

No excuse for giving away someone's ticket and no excuse for abusing people.

15 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

No, it was Andy Mitchell.
Shorthouse was (probably still is) a clown

Rob Shorthouse PM'd me and then phoned me based on things i'd posted on here, trying to help out and resolve an SSC issue i was having. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Rob Shorthouse PM'd me and then phoned me based on things i'd posted on here, trying to help out and resolve an SSC issue i was having. 

Jeezo - he must have had some phone bill ;)
Andy Mitchell definitely posted on here when he was the media guy and I'm sure he used the account called Scottish FA or something similar.

40 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

Jeezo - he must have had some phone bill ;)
Andy Mitchell definitely posted on here when he was the media guy and I'm sure he used the account called Scottish FA or something similar.

Both Andy Mitchell and Rob Shorthouse were on using the Scottish FA account.  Andy Mitchell used to just put out information, Rob Shorthouse while no doubt trying to be helpful for ended up being a bit too smart for his own good.  Given his subsequent employment, that probably wasn't too much of a surprise. 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Rob Shorthouse while no doubt trying to be helpful for ended up being a bit too smart for his own good.  Given his subsequent employment, that probably wasn't too much of a surprise. 

Rob Shorthouse has been pretty successful in his employments since the SFA.  

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Rob Shorthouse has been pretty successful in his employments since the SFA.  

I think that's arguable.  Mind you he seems to be carving a niche as the mouthpiece for unpopular and loathsome organisations.  The SFA, Police Scotland, Better Together and now Scotrail.  You can't do that without being something of a dick yourself. 

On 11/13/2016 at 11:35 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

I've always been quick enough to praise the collection process on here in the past but Friday was an utter shambles 

At the collection point there must have been 15 Windows? But only 2 staff dishing out Scotland tickets while a number of Windows remained closed. When she brought my ticket to me she asked my post code but due to a sing song going on I couldn't hear, I said "what?" And the attitude she gave me was horrendous. Customer service isn't their strong piint

They charge enough for memberships, they could at least try and show us a bit respect in return

Exactly this.

The puzzle was why they only had two windows active for what was probably the largest pick-up in years (in terms of numbers) and certainly the most concentrated in terms of time availability. They probably had no choice about the location, but the pick-up point should clearly have been better resourced.

The dark haired female who was on the right hand window fell well short in basic human courtesy on the night. Her tone left a lot to be desired. No idea why, it certainly wasn't anything that we said. As you allude to, courtesy and respect should be a given.

Patronising customer service, insufficient resources and condescending e-mail communications only serve to undermine what was a very good service up until five or so years ago.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Why have any pick up for this game...

Surely here wouldnt be harvesters for this Game, this is the game that you would Harvest to get too, if you were a harvester.  

Why would anyone buy an England Ticket and not go, ?

so they could get a point to go and see Lithuania Away......

Can any harvesters say otherwise?

14 minutes ago, stocky said:

Surely here wouldnt be harvesters for this Game, this is the game that you would Harvest to get too, if you were a harvester.  

Folk who live abroad always have to collect because they always leave it till the last minute to post them out. Following on from them leaving things till the last after, after I only received my Georgia ticket on the Friday (second last post) while I was flying out on the Monday I have always chosen to collect ever since. Plus it means they can't cream an extra few pence off me for the delivery fee

Edited by DoonTheSlope

13 minutes ago, stocky said:

There's always a pickup for overseas members and people who request to pickup. 

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Folk who live abroad always have to collect because they always leave it till the last minute to post them out. Following on from them leaving things till the last after, after I only received my Georgia ticket on the Friday (second last post) while I was flying out on the Monday I have always chosen to collect ever since. Plus it means they can't cream an extra few pence off me for the delivery fee

Nah. My mate gets mine delivered to his house as part of the friends thing. 

On 13 November 2016 at 10:35 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

I've always been quick enough to praise the collection process on here in the past but Friday was an utter shambles 

At the collection point there must have been 15 Windows? But only 2 staff dishing out Scotland tickets while a number of Windows remained closed. When she brought my ticket to me she asked my post code but due to a sing song going on I couldn't hear, I said "what?" And the attitude she gave me was horrendous. Customer service isn't their strong piint

They charge enough for memberships, they could at least try and show us a bit respect in return

Maybe if you'd said, "excuse me", "pardon" or "sorry" rather than "what" you may have gotten a different response.  Your manners don't look that respectful either.

This is an absolute outrage and the guy had every right to call them for everything after the strict terms the ssc have laid out for any unfortunate picking up.If ihad travelled from Norway and these clowns had given away my ticket i dont think i would be able to contain myself either.

As for kicking the guy out the club im speechless.After next year there will be thousands leaving as its not just the team who are a joke.

Assume this was Anne Marie Bannon we're talking about?

I don't condone screaming abuse in a wee Lassy's face but I would be angry in the circumstances. 

I had an issue regarding tickets at the wales home game a few years ago, I contacted her with a range of supporting evidence for what I was saying. She completely disregarded everything I'd said and left a really sour taste. 

In summary, she's a waste of time.

On 14/11/2016 at 5:53 PM, aaid said:

Ive been in a similar situation before - not with the SFA - and so I've got sympathy for you for the situation.

Whoever screwed up and gave away your ticket needs to be held accountable but you lose your rag and you lose the argument and any chance of getting it sorted out.

To be honest being polite doesn't make any difference on that front. 

On 11/15/2016 at 1:52 PM, aaid said:

I think that's arguable.  Mind you he seems to be carving a niche as the mouthpiece for unpopular and loathsome organisations.  The SFA, Police Scotland, Better Together and now Scotrail.  You can't do that without being something of a dick yourself. 

Just a point of order - it was Strathclyde Police. He joined Better Together before Police Scotland was formed.