England match thread - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England match thread

exile

22 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Poor England team just pumped us. 

One of the most pathetic defeats I've seen.  Central defence was a total joke and our attack was utterly toothless again . 

Not sure Strachan can have any excuse here. 

But, but we played ok.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, biffer said:

There will be no change so long as there's enough money coming in to pay the wages in the SFA.

sack the sfa board

start again like the Belgians did

someday there's got to be a watershed moment

instead of this proud of the performance again sh*t

23 minutes ago, exile said:

In a game roughly Premiership v Championship, a 3-0 home victory is not surprising.

What is surprising is a manager who won't make the most out of the squad by bringing on the subs when they could still have the chance of turning the gsme

With the best will in the world and not rubbing it in but you've hit the nail on the head, so to speak ! Have a look at the English championship and pick a manager . Allardyce would get you to a tournament just my opinion of course. 

11 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I thought it was April 1st.  Norwich and Rangers fans will be amazed.  I don' think N.Ireland are better than us man for man but they're certainly tighter at the back whether thats down to individuals or the way the team sets up or both.

Management and knowing how to get the maximum from a limited pool of players - Northern Ireland do it very well, we are probably among the worst in Europe if not the World at it. 

1 minute ago, Nobby said:

With the best will in the world and not rubbing it in but you've hit the nail on the head, so to speak ! Have a look at the English championship and pick a manager . Allardyce would get you to a tournament just my opinion of course. 

hey nobby

we've just guaranteed you apish manager for the next two years and a group stage exit in Russia

Came in at 7.45 tonight not knowing the team:

Gordon instead of our regular no.1  - ? Why?

Forrest at left mf instead of the right where he has impressed for Celtic? WTF? And so it proved. He.Must.Never.Play for Scot. Again.

Griffiths. Fletch. S. would have passed to Snoddy. No question. Do. Not. Ever. Tell. Me. He . is the answer.

Anya at RB? He has never played there.

No McArthur when he is in scoring form and playing regularly in the Prem. Unlike Morrison. Again, wtf?

And worst of all - no Burke when to give him a run would have aided his development. He plays in the Bundesliga not the SPL.

Berra  - Strachan's only good decision but why no Martin?

Good bye Gordon. Hello Lars Lagerback. I wish we had Michael O'Neill. Wish we could pump Azerbaijan 4-0.

Sorry all you TA regulars I am pissed.

9 minutes ago, Nobby said:

I think one or two did have that idea...

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Came in at 7.45 tonight not knowing the team:

Gordon instead of our regular no.1  - ? Why?

Forrest at left mf instead of the right where he has impressed for Celtic? WTF? And so it proved. He.Must.Never.Play for Scot. Again.

Griffiths. Fletch. S. would have passed to Snoddy. No question. Do. Not. Ever. Tell. Me. He . is the answer.

Anya at RB? He has never played there.

No McArthur when he is in scoring form and playing regularly in the Prem. Unlike Morrison. Again, wtf?

And worst of all - no Burke when to give him a run would have aided his development. He plays in the Bundesliga not the SPL.

Berra  - Strachan's only good decision but why no Martin?

Good bye Gordon. Hello Lars Lagerback. I wish we had Michael O'Neill. Wish we could pump Azerbaijan 4-0.

Sorry all you TA regulars I am pissed.

Fairly accurate. Although choosing Griffiths was the correct decision. Griffiths, given the same amount of caps and starts someone with less technical ability has, like Kenny Miller for example, would score more goals.

Give him a run for the rest of the campaign. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Fairly accurate. Although choosing Griffiths was the correct decision. Griffiths, given the same amount of caps and starts someone with less technical ability has, like Kenny Miller for example, would score more goals.

Can't complain too much, loads of supporters have been saying Griffiths should be on from the start.. Bizarrely we do have £10 milion strikers but no one seriously think that Rhodes or Fletcher are the answer - price tag says more about craziness of Englsih transfer market than anything else!.

23 minutes ago, Bino's said:

sack the sfa board

start again like the Belgians did

someday there's got to be a watershed moment

instead of this proud of the performance again sh*t

Ok Binos, tell me what the Belgians did that we should do?

They did small-sided games for kids to encourage as many touches of the ball as possible.   They abolished competitive football for under 12s.  They encouraged kids to play proper, creative, thoughtful football.  They introduced performance schools so that an elite group of young players received extra coaching before and after school every day.  

The SFA have done all those things.  We may or may not see the results, but if you want to chuck out what we've got and replace it with what the Belgians did, you're too late cos that's already been done. 

If there's one thing we could do, it's increase the number of coaches for young players and increase the access of those coaches to proper training philosophies.  But the message is out among youth coaches - it's not about winning, it's not about being big and strong and it's not about winning. 

But it takes time - and with a population of only five million, it takes a bit of luck as well. 

Edited by adamntg

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Griffiths is a more natural goalscorer than Miller, that's for sure. 

He isn't as physically strong as Miller though, or as good at holding the ball up to bring other players into the game, or even getting himself involved in the game. 

I wonder if Griffiths is going to be Kris Boyd for Scotland, but without the goals.

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Ok Binos, tell me what the Belgians did that we should do?

They did small-sided games for kids to encourage as many touches of the ball as possible.   They abolished competitive football for under 12s.  They encouraged kids to play proper, creative, thoughtful football.  They introduced performance schools so that an elite group of young players received extra coaching before and after school every day.  

The SFA have done all those things.  We may or may not see the results, but if you want to chuck out what we've got and replace it with what the Belgians did, you're too late cos that's already been done. 

If there's one thing we could do, it's increase the number of coaches for young players and increase the access of those coaches to proper training philosophies.  But the message is out among youth coaches - it's not about winning, it's not about being big and strong and it's not about winning. 

But it takes time - and with a population of only five million, it takes a bit of luck as well. 

fair enough

but the sfa have appointed Rae, sbrahia etc above him

Belgians also reached agreement with all club sides to follow model

which they did and are producing superstar after superstar

Strachan is the man.  No one else will be feeling it as much although it doesnt feel like it just now.  Griffiths made a wee mistake not passing and it might have made a difference passing it but he is not to blame for having a go.  Gutted though.  Wish I didnt look out my window and see Forth Bridge.  Fecking Gutted.  First Wembley I have missed for over 20 years and actually glad I am not there.But Strachan need sto be given time and next 10 years.

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

And for a bit of perspective, I would sum up tonight thus :

Small country loses to neighbours with ten times the population who just happen to be the richest footballing nation on the planet.  Not shocked. 

Didn't used to be like that, and that's a big country that recently lost to a country smaller than Edinburgh.  We used to punch above our weight, we used on a good day to be able to beat anyone. 

Edited by Hertsscot