Make Scotland Great Again - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Make Scotland Great Again

jamboman

34 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Want a foreign manager with no clue about anything about us, a guy that can come in with no bias or allegiances to anyone and can simply go "he's good - playing. He's a bit shite - no playing".

I'd certainly go for the foreign root now. I think the Scottish options are just not worth the risk. A few years back it was different as you had Moyes at Everton and Lambert who you felt were worthy candidates but their recent record tarnishes them.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

On 23/10/2016 at 9:47 PM, Ormond said:

Steven Anderson for Scotland. MOM today. Hanley wouldnae lace his boots.

11 hours ago, jamboman said:

No need to build a wall drop grant hanley and play guys who play for their club - SIMPLE

The chance Hanley had is just the chance that Steven Anderson puts away time and time again.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I'd certainly go for the foreign root now. I think the Scottish options are just not worth the risk. A few years back it was different as you had Moyes at Everton and Lambert who you felt were worthy candidates but their recent record tarnishes them.

Would take either in a heartbeat. Some might think they are tarnished, but Moyes got shafted at Man U and Lambert worked at Villa with virtually no money. No surprise to see they have been relegated eventually.

Just now, stevenmcn said:

Would take either in a heartbeat. Some might think they are tarnished, but Moyes got shafted at Man U and Lambert worked at Villa with virtually no money. No surprise to see they have been relegated eventually.

Moyes is teetering on the brink of the bullet at Sunderland who have waited three months to win their first match of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Moyes is teetering on the brink of the bullet at Sunderland who have waited three months to win their first match of the season. 

Sunderland are a shambles of a club though. I don't know what the problem there is, but I don't think anyone could do a good job there. I think if people had been given the option of Moyes a few years ago when he left for Man U they'd have taken it. I don't see what's changed since.

2 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Sunderland are a shambles of a club though. I don't know what the problem there is, but I don't think anyone could do a good job there. I think if people had been given the option of Moyes a few years ago when he left for Man U they'd have taken it. I don't see what's changed since.

And we are a shambles of a nation as well. So if Moyes can't sort their shambles out he won't with us.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And we'd get a manager on a downward spiral after three failed jobs. Eh no thanks.

And what spiral were Smith, McLeish and Strachan on when they got the job? Oh that's right they were out of work cause nobody would touch them. Now were supposed to know back Premiership class managers, lol.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And we are a shambles of a nation as well. So if Moyes can sort their shambles out he won't with us.

If you really think that Sunderland and Scotland is the same thing your clueless.

2 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

And what spiral were Smith, McLeish and Strachan on when they got the job? Oh that's right they were out of work cause nobody would touch them. Now were supposed to know back Premiership class managers, lol.

If you really think that Sunderland and Scotland is the same thing your clueless.

Yes out of work but had the big caveat of success at club level as managers. Moyes hasn't.

And you are equally clueless if you can't see the comparisons. He has a squad to work with who are low on confidence and can't inspire them (until three months into the season) to get a win. I'd guess he has tried various players so why can't he get results? The players may be pish (I don't know) but it is the same level of pishness he'll have to work with as Scotland boss.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes out of work but had the big caveat of success at club level as managers. Moyes hasn't.

And you are equally clueless if you can't see the comparisons. He has a squad to work with who are low on confidence and can't inspire them (until three months into the season) to get a win. I'd guess he has tried various players so why can't he get results? The players may be pish (I don't know) but it is the same level of pishness he'll have to work with as Scotland boss.

The caveat of success at the old firm. Ronnie Deila has old firm success would you take him as next manager? You actually think managing Scotland five times a year, generally against teams of a similar level and managing Sunderland week in, week out in the highest spending league in the world, (especially with very little pre season and only 4 weeks of the transfer window left) is the same thing. You are actually clueless.

3 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

The caveat of success at the old firm. Ronnie Deila has old firm success would you take him as next manager? You actually think managing Scotland five times a year, generally against teams of a similar level and managing Sunderland week in, week out in the highest spending league in the world, (especially with very little pre season and only 4 weeks of the transfer window left) is the same thing. You are actually clueless.

You have your opinion - fine. I have mine - also fine so just leave the clueless pish out eh?

I have told you why Moyes wouldn't be my choice. Many will agree with my opinion - some won't. Let's just leave it at that.