Trafalgar Square - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Trafalgar Square

MarkNorquay

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/fury-as-scottish-football-fans-trash-trafalgar-square-before-england-world-cup-qualifier-at-wembley-a3393861.html

I'm sure this is complete nonsense but it shows why we all should have just stayed away from there. It just gives people an excuse to write about disrespect etc.

We were in Russell square - a few littering idiots there too but helped by the guys that went round clearing up their mess (at least one was from atac) so cheers to them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the report I must say it is a huge over-reaction it seems. Trashed Trafalgar Square? Well I am sure they don't have bins there to hold all the beer cans so they ended up on the ground. Is that now listed as trashing? If so I work in train stations (and because no bins are allowed) every passengers has to resort to 'trashing'.

Surprised no-one has mentioned the beer that was being thrown from the back of the stand and landing on fellow supporters after every goal.

Aye, cos that's what your fellow fans want, to be soaked by someone else's beer moments after watching the auld enemy score.

59 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I seen folk pishing in the sinks, manky clarty bastàrds. The polis eventually shut the toilets. They said it was because there was pish on the floor and tiles ripped off the wall

If it's true there was tiles malkied then it's bad patter. Nae need

Agree, dont get it at all. Its almost like some folk enter a stadium and think normal rules dont apply. Seen it all season across the country.

Some people need to have a look at themselves, some of the pictures floating around social media are embarrassing. 

What do I care but from my memory there were a shit load of posts on here about how it would be best to avoid Trafalgar Square due to it being 11/11. Amazed so many folk missed it and went anyway. edit: must be the dafties using the fake tamb facebook page instead of this place.

Wading through what should be a still pond of memorial poppies to retrieve a stupid baw while pished when you should not be there... c'mon you are not going to win that one in the court of public opinion. 

Edited by thplinth

Not defending any of the folk who behaved stupidly, but obviously the record/mail have started some sort of vendetta.........the black front page was a total over reaction(we've played a lot worse and they've let us see it), obviously to push Strachan out, and now this nonsense about the fans.

I travelled to the match alone, with some trepidation , didn't see any poor behaviour and enjoyed the performance of both sets of fans in and around stadium/kingscross etc.

Perhaps it would have been better to  stay away from Trafalgar Square but the remembrance event was observed perfectly and was finished.

All the nonsense in the paper about trashing the square is no different to any other time we've been there or any other large square across Europe we've congregated in. Why is it a big problem and a disgrace now?

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

Perhaps it would have been better to  stay away from Trafalgar Square but the remembrance event was observed perfectly and was finished.

All the nonsense in the paper about trashing the square is no different to any other time we've been there or any other large square across Europe we've congregated in. Why is it a big problem and a disgrace now?

51 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bellends on front page of a national paper flashing their knobs in public to thousands including tons of kids. 

Hope their Monday in work ends with a P45. 

This and This.

4 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Very English behaviour - we do what we want attitude - too many erseholes taggin along these days - especially at the big ticket games

Disagree, incidents occur on every away trip. Obviously the more fans there are the more incidents there'll be.

3 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Disagree, incidents occur on every away trip. Obviously the more fans there are the more incidents there'll be.

Agree to an extent regarding the fighting. All this nonsense about naming and shaming folk is a bit ott. Anyone who says they haven't been in a fight in or out a boozer is most probably lying. Shit happens deal with it

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/trouble-in-trafalgar-square-ahead-of-england-v-scotland-game-grimsby-town-fans-pelted-with-cans/story-29888237-detail/story.html

Throwing bottles?

unfortunately I have only came across this story as a lad I know on another forum mentioned a group near them were getting bottles thrown at them.

No room for this within Scotland support.