The group is bawbagged - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The group is bawbagged

bonny78

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's worse than calling you're dinner lunch and you're tea dinner

Take yer weird Edinburger talk to feck. Calling your evening meal "tea" is weirdo behaviour.

Almost as bad as how Edinburgers call a "roll on sausage" a "sausage roll". Naw, ya walloper, a sausage roll is a wee thing made of pastry! 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Take yer weird Edinburger talk to feck. Calling your evening meal "tea" is weirdo behaviour.

Almost as bad as how Edinburgers call a "roll on sausage" a "sausage roll". Naw, ya walloper, a sausage roll is a wee thing made of pastry! 

If I may.....

"tea" is a drink and the word is used to describe a repast by the hard of thinking.

"roll on sausage" is linguistic buffoonery. The term is "roll and sausage" (for to have a roll on a sausage is a physically difficult balancing act). This phrase is frequently and colloquially verbally expressed as "roll'n'sausage", with the "and" truncated.

I passing, I wonder why you decided to drop the "h" from the name of the Capital City when you wrote of "Edinburgers" rather than the correct "Edinburghers". Are you subliminally trying to get us to eat more minced beef? Or do you have anything against those who write of Fhenians and such like?

10 minutes ago, Flure said:

If I may.....

"tea" is a drink 

Correct. 

"roll on sausage" is linguistic buffoonery. The term is "roll and sausage" (for to have a roll on a sausage is a physically difficult balancing act). This phrase is frequently and colloquially verbally expressed as "roll'n'sausage", with the "and" truncated.

It'll always be a roll on sausage. It's pretty easy to put a roll on a sausage, i do it all the time. Top half of the roll goes on top of the sausage.

I passing, I wonder why you decided to drop the "h" from the name of the Capital City when you wrote of "Edinburgers" rather than the correct "Edinburghers". 

Because it'll annoy them :) 

Just now, Flure said:

Roll AND sausage

Cyf_q_XXEAEbsMJ.jpg

See how the roll is on top of the sausage there?

This chat is making me hungry. Might go get the roll on chicken that i have brought for my lunch. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

3 hours ago, Flure said:

If I may.....

"tea" is a drink and the word is used to describe a repast by the hard of thinking.

Whit?

If you don't call it dinner at dinnertime & tea at teatime how come you had dinner ladies when you stayed school dinners? Not to mention dinner money. :)

And when you're Mum shouted "Come in now your tea's out" you knew she didn't mean a cup of hot liquid.

It's worse down south - they call dinner = brunch or lanch & tea = supper :unsure:

10 minutes ago, silverbear said:

Whit?

If you don't call it dinner at dinnertime & tea at teatime how come you had dinner ladies when you stayed school dinners? Not to mention dinner money. :)

And when you're Mum shouted "Come in now your tea's out" you knew she didn't mean a cup of hot liquid.

It's worse down south - they call dinner = brunch or lanch & tea = supper :unsure:

We have breakfast, luncheon and dinner.

The people who served us lunch at school were "waitresses".

And my mother never shouted in public in all of her life. She would send a Footman to fetch me.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aren't you a Falkirk lad? I have family born and bred there and the evening meal is tea to them. As is most of Perth, Dundee, etc. 'Tis not just an Edinburgh thing. Maybe, you're just posh. :P

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

Agree with tea but its a roll and sausage, never heard anyone say on sausage. heard weirdos say roll and square/slice before though.

12 hours ago, Flure said:

A bowl on fruit.

?

11 hours ago, Flure said:

We'll have to take your word for that. To me it looks like a bowl AND table.

??

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Used to agree but flipped one day after a few pints and a rather nice pub lunch.

At lunchtime you have lunch, or if it's your main meal of the day, dinner.

At teatime you have tea, or if it's your main meal of the day, dinner.

Pure simple, man.