The group is bawbagged - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The group is bawbagged

bonny78

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year lads ;)

I assume the England game will be a scrap and the more unlikely win out of the two so how do you think Scotland will approach the Slovenia game? Will Scotland come out of the blocks and it try and sustain pressure in the first 20 minutes to get that early or will Strachan go for a more measured approach.

Obviously Strachan knows a draw is no good and will have to take risks. Judging by how Slovenia have played so far, they look a tougher outfit to beat at home than Slovakia.  A draw in that game and Scotland will definitely need to beat England.

4 points minimum from these two home games or it's curtains.

39 minutes ago, irish said:

Happy New Year lads ;)

I assume the England game will be a scrap and the more unlikely win out of the two so how do you think Scotland will approach the Slovenia game? Will Scotland come out of the blocks and it try and sustain pressure in the first 20 minutes to get that early or will Strachan go for a more measured approach.

Obviously Strachan knows a draw is no good and will have to take risks. Judging by how Slovenia have played so far, they look a tougher outfit to beat at home than Slovakia.  A draw in that game and Scotland will definitely need to beat England.

Strachan is a stubborn, useless wee kont who will play exactly the same as he does every other game regardless of the group situation or whats at stake.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Can't see it though. We'll probably draw with Slovenia meaning the last half of the group is virtually meaningless.

It'll give the new manager plenty of competitive games to settle into the job and build a new team. 

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

Is our response just to headhunt every manager we ve had when things dont go well???

Yes.

It's also the repsonse of every team at every level of every sport anywhere.

The reason being - You can't improve without change.

Hence why we haven't improved all campaign as we have played the same, pish, negative fitbaw nonstop.

10 hours ago, irish said:

Happy New Year lads ;)

Happy New Year Irish.

I can't recall us "coming out the blocks" at all during Strachan's tenure. It's part of our problem.

On 06/01/2017 at 11:18 AM, irish said:

Happy New Year lads ;)

aye yur bang on mate,we need a more cavalier aproach to games ,sadly thats not strachans style.pump him out now and get a forward thinking attack minded manager in,there are plenty players out there that strachan wouldnt pick that would inhance our team

38 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

holding the wrists up and wiggling them and putting tongue in bottom part of mouth.    Then say Chris's 2nd name and it works.

Kinda sums up that moment on 11th Oct 2008.      

I don't know why that makes me laugh ya fanny. :lol:

On 1/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, bonny78 said:

We need 6 points from those home games or its curtains. 

It's very unlikely Scotland will win both games. 4 points  would have Scotland right back in it with the win preferably coming in the Slovenia game as they're a direct rival for 2nd spot. I know virtually everybody on here would rather beat England but looking at it dispassionately it would be better to beat the country you're challenging for the runner up spot. 

It's a big ask as Slovenia looked very good against England but Scotland do have a good chance of beating them at home. They only beat Malta by a goal away and only rescued a draw in the last minute along with conceding 2 goals away to  Lithuania. I don't see a huge difference in quality between Scotland, Slovenia & Slovakia tbh.  

Edited by irish

30 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I'd be disappointed if that's the case

I should rephrase that. I'd imagine most on here would prefer to put one over England but beating Slovenia would be more beneficial if you've designs on having a go at second place.