The group is bawbagged - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The group is bawbagged

bonny78

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is still optimistic they really need to get a reality check.  4 home games next year......we couldn't beat Lithuania at home how are we even going to win 2 homes games next year?!!  We need to be realistic we have a weakness to us with players who don't have the bottle & a very weak mentality.  This campaign is dead to me so I'd use the rest of the games to prepare for the next Euros, to not qualify for that as a host would be more embarrassing than not getting to the last euros.  

16 hours ago, Radian said:

If anyone is still optimistic they really need to get a reality check.  4 home games next year......we couldn't beat Lithuania at home how are we even going to win 2 homes games next year?!!  We need to be realistic we have a weakness to us with players who don't have the bottle & a very weak mentality.  This campaign is dead to me so I'd use the rest of the games to prepare for the next Euros, to not qualify for that as a host would be more embarrassing than not getting to the last euros.  

We're hardly hosts, even if we did qualify we wouldn't get past the group stages never mind the second to even get a game at Hampden 

The games up the pole, the sooner folk realise that then they'll be a lot less disappointmented

10 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

We're hardly hosts, even if we did qualify we wouldn't get past the group stages never mind the second to even get a game at Hampden 

The games up the pole, the sooner folk realise that then they'll be a lot less disappointmented

Co-host :) .  Yeah I agree with you, might fluke a euros but won't be at a WC again in my lifetime!  

Echos of Burley making a pig's ear out of a decent group where we were out of it far too early. 

This group has been very kind to us - and I suppose to the others in getting us too. 

Lithuania are not impressive. They have had two previous terrible campaigns, but fair dues to their start in this although brought back to earth on Friday in Slovakia.

Slovakia were on a four defeat run when we went there. Their manager was under a huge amount of pressure, and if we had won, even drew! They would have been sitting in a precarious position. Of course they easily put us away and now up and running, and still to meet Malta x2. 

Slovenia had a mixed qualifying for the Euros before losing in the playoffs to Ukraine. Katanec is back and that late 2-2 draw - which looked bad to begin with - looks to have saved and lit up their qualifying campaign. They were unlucky not to beat England, and will fancy their chances of a victory at Hampden in March.

We'll just pip Lithuania for fourth. I'm not confident of us getting a result there, but I believe they'll stutter more than us but there will not be much in it. 

The group was very kind. Much kinder than Northern Ireland's 'easy' Euros group that many shouted about. 

What a shame we are pretty much out of it after 4 games. 

Disastrous and the SFA should disband, but we won't hear a thing. The Scots media luvies of course think we are punching above our weight, we don't have the players, Strachan is doing a great job with limited resources, etc. All utter nonsense!

Although it does sum up our cultural mentality quite well. 

Edited by weekevie04

4 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Echos of Burley making a pig's ear out of a decent group where we were out of it far too early. 

This group has been very kind to us - and I suppose to the others in getting us too. 

Lithuania are not impressive. They have had two previous terrible campaigns, but fair dues to their start in this although brought back to earth on Friday in Slovakia.

Slovakia were on a four defeat run when we went there. Their manager was under a huge amount of pressure, and if we had won, even drew! They would have been sitting in a precarious position. Of course they easily put us away and now up and running, and still to meet Malta x2. 

Slovenia had a mixed qualifying for the Euros before losing in the playoffs to Ukraine. Katanec is back and that late 2-2 draw - which looked bad to begin with - looks to have saved and lit up their qualifying campaign. They were unlucky not to beat England, and will fancy their chances of a victory at Hampden in March.

We'll just pip Lithuania for fourth. I'm not confident of us getting a result there, but I believe they'll stutter more than us but there will not be much in it. 

The group was very kind. Much kinder than Northern Ireland's 'easy' Euros group that many shouted about. 

What a shame we are pretty much out of it after 4 games. 

Disastrous and the SFA should disband, but we won't hear a thing. The Scots media luvies of course think we are punching above our weight, we don't have the players, Strachan is doing a great job with limited resources, etc. All utter nonsense!

Although it does sum up our cultural mentality quite well. 

If we have a new manager in place, isn't it the expectation that we'll hump Lithuania away? If not, there's no point in changing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2016 at 10:33 PM, AustroSchotte said:

Nah man, nothing to do with the footy but if your gonna broadcast the way you vote on here... then you better be man enough to deal with it.

You beatch

I am happy how i voted but i only talked bout the voting during election time. 

On 11/26/2016 at 10:33 PM, AustroSchotte said:

Nah man, nothing to do with the footy but if your gonna broadcast the way you vote on here... then you better be man enough to deal with it.

You beatch

To be honest, saying "footy" is a worse offence than anything Bonny has done with his votes.