Delay-repay trains - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Delay-repay trains

Guest flumax

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

32 mins late and looking for a refund. That's why fares are so high.

PPI culture. Loada sh#te.

Just utilisong my contractual agreement with a private company,

I've no issue taking £40 off Richard Branson. 

4 minutes ago, deso1 said:

I had a train specific ticket............I reckon if I turned up 32 minutes late for departure, they wouldn't let me on another train.

Spot on 

Virgin trains send you vouchers for the part of your journey that was delayed.These can only be used to buy tickets on the day you want to travel and cannot be used to buy tickets for advance travel or with a rail card.No good if your planning a long journey say Glasgow or Edinburgh to London.

3 hours ago, scottcross said:

Virgin trains send you vouchers for the part of your journey that was delayed.These can only be used to buy tickets on the day you want to travel and cannot be used to buy tickets for advance travel or with a rail card.No good if your planning a long journey say Glasgow or Edinburgh to London.

Not true. They can send you a cheque or  BAC... Additionally if you do want vouchers they are valid for any train in GB with railcard and advance tickets. 

Screenshot_20161113_130602.png

Screenshot_20161113_130757.png

Edited by flumax

4 hours ago, scottcross said:

They will probably offer you vouchers initially as it's cheaper for them and for some people it's quite handy anyway so they accept them.

If vouchers are no good to you or you just don't want them, tell them you want cash and you'll get it.

1 hour ago, flumax said:

Not true. They can send you a cheque or  BAC... Additionally if you do want vouchers they are valid for any train in GB with railcard and advance tickets. 

Screenshot_20161113_130757.png

Don't know where the image went