Boycott - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boycott

dandydunn

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make the boycott effect we need the entire group to have shared goals,so the boycott lasts untill we have what we want. What would those here consider a success? For me it would be to allow fans partial control of the SFA, or at least make them accountable and an entirely new boardroom.

Allbeit a boycott for the Slovenia game with a kick off time  @ 19:45 on a Sunday night game sounds a good idea although most of the people who are boycotting it were not going to go in anycase  however, how many of the boycotters will be boycotting the Scotland v England game?. At that stage we will most likely have a very poor chance of  qualifying, a 5pm ko on a saturday and up to £55-£60 quid for a ticket this is the game where if any stance was to take place would be the most hardhitting.But like most of the ideas suggested on these forums that's never gonna happen.

Over the years I have read a fair amount of pish on the TAMB. To be fair, I have posted a good chunk of that pish myself. But this thread is starting to look like a record breaker in terms of pure pish. 

If you want to go to the game, then go. If you don't want to go to the game then don't. It really is that simple.

15 hours ago, Hobta83 said:

Whats the boycott for? I'll continue to support the team.

For most its change at board level and to get rid of Strachan. I will still support the players also (well apart from a select few who are stealing their caps) but can no longer justify spending my hard earned money to watch them in the flesh. Its a pity as the players deserve our support but the SFA don't deserve our money for the privilege 

21 hours ago, washboarder said:

Allbeit a boycott for the Slovenia game with a kick off time  @ 19:45 on a Sunday night game sounds a good idea although most of the people who are boycotting it were not going to go in anycase  however, how many of the boycotters will be boycotting the Scotland v England game?. At that stage we will most likely have a very poor chance of  qualifying, a 5pm ko on a saturday and up to £55-£60 quid for a ticket this is the game where if any stance was to take place would be the most hardhitting.But like most of the ideas suggested on these forums that's never gonna happen.

Easy way round that game for the SFA. Just give the tickets not selling to the FA and the place will be full of English. Also if we beat Slovenia group is wide open again and the England tickets will sell easily.

Edited by Doric

20 hours ago, Hobta83 said:

Whats the boycott for? I'll continue to support the team.

Same here Hobta. I am confident we wiil beat Slovenia and second place is back on again. It is as simple as that. One result could turn the corner for us. 

28 minutes ago, Doric said:

Same here Hobta. I am confident we wiil beat Slovenia and second place is back on again. It is as simple as that. One result could turn the corner for us. 

It's now more than likely that second won't get us a play off place so out campaign is goosed yet again before the turn of the year

I'm in.  Wont be at the england game either.  Indeed, I'll not be back until the SFA sorts out the ticket prices, manager, kits, youth setup and introduces summer football.

What we need is a #hashtag and some social media campaign to abolish or restructure the SFA as something approaching fit-for-purpose.  Regan Out.  Doncaster Out.  Strachan Out.  There's a big difference in media reporting "fans are grumbling" to reporting "100,000 Scotland fans have signed an online petition demanding SFA sack the board otherwise the next home game is being boycotted".

5 hours ago, aljay said:

I'm in.  Wont be at the england game either.  Indeed, I'll not be back until the SFA sorts out the ticket prices, manager, kits, youth setup and introduces summer football.

What we need is a #hashtag and some social media campaign to abolish or restructure the SFA as something approaching fit-for-purpose.  Regan Out.  Doncaster Out.  Strachan Out.  There's a big difference in media reporting "fans are grumbling" to reporting "100,000 Scotland fans have signed an online petition demanding SFA sack the board otherwise the next home game is being boycotted".

Steady now,let's not make this silly :D

#pinkrulez