Commercial suicide & the SFA - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Commercial suicide & the SFA

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

Just now, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

How can Regan be got rid of, who are his bosses? Surely they must see he has achieved nothing since he's been in charge?

Thats the $64,000 question

The SFA are put there by the clubs

Would actually need the SFA to disband themselves or Government intervention - neither of which will happen

We are fvcked

They wont be bothered, we've already bought season tickets. Plus England will sell out to the usual sort that follow for 'the big' games.

As other folk have said we are fxcked, and deserve our misery, cos we wont or are unable to do anything about it.

21 minutes ago, deso1 said:

They wont be bothered, we've already bought season tickets. Plus England will sell out to the usual sort that follow for 'the big' games.

As other folk have said we are fxcked, and deserve our misery, cos we wont or are unable to do anything about it.

I don't think we will sell this out now. we won 5-1 in Malta and we have a bit of a buzz going on but then our 1st game only 30k due to prices . we need a new manger now to maybe get us back engaged.

On another note I feel this is a great time to get rid of the doe a dear fannys forever!

Regan at the next work meeting; 'Why aye, man, team's jiggered for the World Cup, haven't scored in three games, have only beaten Malta and Gibraltar competitively recently, rest of qualifying campaign a joke, Under-21 side underperforming even worse. But, generally, things going quite well, gentlemen. So let's schedule a home friendly against Yemen or somewhere like that for eight o clock on a Monday night...'

49 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thats the $64,000 question

The SFA are put there by the clubs

Would actually need the SFA to disband themselves or Government intervention - neither of which will happen

We are fvcked

Don't have a clue about this to be honest but your saying nothing can be done - if the clubs put them there can't they gid rid of them also? Whats to stop the Scottish government make enquiries also?

1 minute ago, JECK said:

Don't have a clue about this to be honest but your saying nothing can be done - if the clubs put them there can't they gid rid of them also? Whats to stop the Scottish government make enquiries also?

Can you see the clubs all having a meeting and deciding to reform the SFA ? I dont

They are more interested in their own clubs than the national team

FIFA and UEFA will ban countries where the Government intervenes in their associations seemingly

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Can you see the clubs all having a meeting and deciding to reform the SFA ? I dont

FIFA and UEFA will ban countries where the Government intervenes in their associations seemingly

Yip now I get it - presumably it's in the old firms interests to have lapdog monkeys at the SFA.

Is it the same system Europe wide?

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Right now that sounds no a bad idea. :(

15 minutes ago, JECK said:

Yip now I get it - presumably it's in the old firms interests to have lapdog monkeys at the SFA.

Probably - but football associations only change when they get people in to run them that want change

The SFA like most other associations are a closed shop and like Turkeys why would they vote for Christmas

I believe France had the where withall to change theirs after failure to qualify for a World Cup - but we just accept failure and reward it

There is absolutely no accountability

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Here's a starting point

It's amazing in this day in age with online petitions, social media etc that something hasn't started, a movement for change. Could start with a full boycott in March I agree.

4 hours ago, JECK said:

...in Austria our Fa is run by Austrians. each year Clubs must prove they have the financial means to compete otherwise they dont get to compete....would have done the gers a world of good....

11 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Regan at the next work meeting; 'Why aye, man, team's jiggered for the World Cup, haven't scored in three games, have only beaten Malta and Gibraltar competitively recently, rest of qualifying campaign a joke, Under-21 side underperforming even worse. But, generally, things going quite well, gentlemen. So let's schedule a home friendly against Yemen or somewhere like that for eight o clock on a Monday night...'

More likely to be:

"The revenue streams from the season tickets and merchandise sales, in particular the pink away top, combined with the projected income from England at Hampden, sees the Scottish game in a healthy position. But I wouldn't object to playing a friendly, for the right price.. "

19 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Fans of the national team are also likely to be fans of the individual clubs. Can pressure not be put on that way ?

Whilst I think things that have been mentioned before (like banners etc )would draw a bit of attention it is unlikely to change anything. And with so many season tickets sold it will take boycotts going on for a couple of years before that has much impact.

What about TA supporters clubs ? Do they have no interaction with the Sfa? Would a separately elected body of supporters have no influence? There a plenty of posters on this board I would be happy to endorse.

The sfa like their surveys. How about they produce a survey asking the fans how they feel they ( the SFA) are performing. 

What is certain is that they will take absolutely no notice of ( in their view) a handful of whingers on a social media message board. 

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Fans of the national team are also likely to be fans of the individual clubs. Can pressure not be put on that way ?

Whilst I think things that have been mentioned before (like banners etc )would draw a bit of attention it is unlikely to change anything. And with so many season tickets sold it will take boycotts going on for a couple of years before that has much impact.

What about TA supporters clubs ? Do they have no interaction with the Sfa? Would a separately elected body of supporters have no influence? There a plenty of posters on this board I would be happy to endorse.

The sfa like their surveys. How about they produce a survey asking the fans how they feel they ( the SFA) are performing. 

What is certain is that they will take absolutely no notice of ( in their view) a handful of whingers on a social media message board. 

ATAC.

How about ATAC join forces with the Scottish Supporters Association http://scottishfsa.org/

As I understand it the SFA are not really talking to ATAC as they used to, so it is time to take a different approach and try to push change in the governing body making the point that supporters are not customers, but stakeholders in the game. The future good of football in Scotland is in the interests of all supporters, whether those of clubs - from the Highland League to the Premiership - or followers of the National Team.