Commercial suicide & the SFA - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Commercial suicide & the SFA

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

1 hour ago, flicktokick said:

How about ATAC join forces with the Scottish Supporters Association http://scottishfsa.org/

As I understand it the SFA are not really talking to ATAC as they used to, so it is time to take a different approach and try to push change in the governing body making the point that supporters are not customers, but stakeholders in the game. The future good of football in Scotland is in the interests of all supporters, whether those of clubs - from the Highland League to the Premiership - or followers of the National Team.

Why are ATAC and SFA not talking as they used to? Have the SFA spat the dummy out or has there not been the interest from ATAC ?

I think your proposal sounds sensible. It needs to start somewhere . 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Club football and international football don't mix apparently so you can scrap that idea

Why? I'm not questioning your response, just wondering who says they dont mix and why. Surely a time comes when governing bodies have to become a bit more selfless. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Why? I'm not questioning your response, just wondering who says they dont mix and why. Surely a time comes when governing bodies have to become a bit more selfless. 

Because you'll get some high and mighty sort on here talking down to you telling you to keep club football away from the national team. It's pretty sad really

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Why are ATAC and SFA not talking as they used to? Have the SFA spat the dummy out or has there not been the interest from ATAC ?

I think your proposal sounds sensible. It needs to start somewhere . 

Talking to a friend this week he said that the SFA had stopped meeting with ATAC, he seemed to think they were in the huff over criticism of ticket prices etc. I am sure ATAC would talk to the SFA whenever they could.

My feeling is that the SFA feel above any criticism and don't believe they are accountable to fans at all and that only by finding a way of uniting TA and club fans can they be made to listen.

Amongst those to blame for the catastrophic state of Scottish fitba - basically, everyone, including to some extent us - don't forget the media.

Occasionally Regan gets interviewed. He's never asked 'Scottish football is a laughing stock, the national team in freefall and even the U21s can't buy a win. Do you really think you're doing a good job?'

(Or, indeed, Doncaster. 'You predicted Armageddon and it didn't happen. Why should we believe anything else you say about Scottish football?')

Of course, all they're doing is round up anyone - Souness, Nevin, etc - who'll say, och, Strachan is doing his best, husnae got the players, fans' expectations ridiculous, intit great we've got Old Firm derbies back!

14 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Because you'll get some high and mighty sort on here talking down to you telling you to keep club football away from the national team. It's pretty sad really

Well they can hardly call themselves fans if they are not prepared to look at all options to improve the situation. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Well they can hardly call themselves fans if they are not prepared to look at all options to improve the situation. 

They don't dare criticise the SFA or WGS as they are most probably the happy clappers who were applauding in Georgia and doing the Gay Gordon's at full time in Faro

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165059-herald-regan-must-go/

Not a Hearts supporter but often look at this site for its intelligent and informed discussions. A lot of interesting talk here over a Herald journalist breaking ranks and pointing out that Regan is an emperor wi nae claes. Of course, as many of the correspondents point out, getting rid of Strachan and Regan is fine, but it all needs to be much more root and branch than that.

Stop buying merchandise

Stop buying strips

Stop buying tickets (if you haven't already bought a season ticket)

Start telling them to leave and continue to tell them to leave until they do.

Without the fans the SFA is nothing. Regan would soon be punted if the money started drying up and fans had a concerted effort for him to go and tell the SFA unless you shake this up and bring in the right type of person then it will be indefinite.

Apathy is killing our game. No other countries fans would put up with 20 years of failure with little more than a  whimper. We are not actually helping by turning up and propping up this so called football association.

Its high time we told them that we are no longer going to accept it.

8 hours ago, TartanTon said:

Stop buying merchandise

Stop buying strips

Stop buying tickets (if you haven't already bought a season ticket)

Start telling them to leave and continue to tell them to leave until they do.

Without the fans the SFA is nothing. Regan would soon be punted if the money started drying up and fans had a concerted effort for him to go and tell the SFA unless you shake this up and bring in the right type of person then it will be indefinite.

Apathy is killing our game. No other countries fans would put up with 20 years of failure with little more than a  whimper. We are not actually helping by turning up and propping up this so called football association.

Its high time we told them that we are no longer going to accept it.

Spot on! 

The SFA play on the loyalty of the tartan army and that 27,000 folk will buy a membership every 2 years and they know they are guaranteed to get 35k plus people turning up for home games, hence the ridiculous match pricing.

Despite our dire qualifying record, the sfa seem to escape any blame. you never hear regan being quizzed about his performance from journalists, or him coming in for any stick. I wouldn't be surprised if they all collude together to keep everyone happy. 

I don't understand how regan even got his job. what qualifies him for it? I read an article earlier which estimates he is on around £400k per annum! ridiculous. it's not just him though. clowns like Jim farry in the past, with lack of any foresight or ideas have contributed to where we are now. 

I must admit I've had enough, especially after the last 3 games. the games have been the low point of the day/weekend. I won't be going through to Glasgow on a Sunday night to watch another abject performance, rinsing in excess of £100, to then have an hour walk to/from the ground cos the public transport is so poor. 

I don't think I'll be the only one. 

6 hours ago, Ohhhh diego maradona said:

Spot on! 

The SFA play on the loyalty of the tartan army and that 27,000 folk will buy a membership every 2 years and they know they are guaranteed to get 35k plus people turning up for home games, hence the ridiculous match pricing.

Despite our dire qualifying record, the sfa seem to escape any blame. you never hear regan being quizzed about his performance from journalists, or him coming in for any stick. I wouldn't be surprised if they all collude together to keep everyone happy. 

I don't understand how regan even got his job. what qualifies him for it? I read an article earlier which estimates he is on around £400k per annum! ridiculous. it's not just him though. clowns like Jim farry in the past, with lack of any foresight or ideas have contributed to where we are now. 

I must admit I've had enough, especially after the last 3 games. the games have been the low point of the day/weekend. I won't be going through to Glasgow on a Sunday night to watch another abject performance, rinsing in excess of £100, to then have an hour walk to/from the ground cos the public transport is so poor. 

I don't think I'll be the only one. 

If Regan is still in place for the next round of qualifiers then i'll not be there either. Him, Petrie and the faceless gang of uselessness are not fleecing me. (I already stopped buying any merchandise anyway).

Over the past couple of years my desire to go to games has been waning by my own admission and its down to the way we are treated more than anything. We have all watched dross over the years from time to time and maybe this is the lowest point but where as previously i would have went no matter who we played, where it was played or even how bad we could be things changed for me since the rip off us us began

I have started to pick and choose, does it hurt, aye, like the rest of us i love following my country but equally where do you eventually draw a line and think to yourself that by going we just help keep the people in place who continue to let us down in vision & approach and who treat us fans with contempt.

I took my lad to his first game v Lithuania, guess what, he is not that interested in going back tbh. Flat, soulless, tepid, you could use a million words to describe modern day 'Hampden experience'. Its crap.

I have always been an advocate of Hampden but in modern day football its like we have the Cliftonville (no offence to rovers fans) in comparison to just about every other nation and yet we still pay top dollar. Lunacy.

It seems like every 'Think Tank' and 'review' comes and goes without anything ever changing. It doesn't seem so long ago that Henry McLeish had his turn to produce another long awaited review and blueprint to improve the game - again nothing happened. 

The SFA have had opportunity time and again to evolve and better themselves but it only seems to go from bad to worse. I probably agree that the only thing that can/will change it is empty stadiums and dwindling memberships - all of these are either about to, or are already happening to some degree, even without talk of boycott! 

Many are now quite rightly pointing the finger at Regan and co.

Any pressure group to get rid of these charlatans must first work to get the understanding of what exactly is going on. We have a load of board members sitting at the top of the tree but also a large SFA staff structure sitting below them, The buck has got to stop with the guys at the top though. This is where we've got to question the resumes of Regan, Petrie and, I would argue, guys like McRae (Cove Rangers) as President of the SFA.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=4126

There are some guys that read as if you'd expect them to be an asset to the SFA (Ralph Topping and Gary Hughes for example)... but the problem is - who is actually doing what? What is the division of labour and responsibility? Who is fundamentally to blame for not ensuring that Hampden was 20,000 short of capacity for the Lithuania game? 

I'm not sure how the leadership of the SFA can in any way claim to be achieving against their strategic pillars: 

Scottish FA

The Scottish FA exists to promote, foster and develop the game at all levels in this country.

Founded in 1873, Scottish football’s governing body has recently undergone the most radical changes in its history, enabling us to lead the game into a new era. The launch of our strategic plan Scotland United: A 2020 Vision outlines the vision, values and goals that underpin the organisation and its many facets.

The plan encompasses four strategic pillars:
•    Perform and Win
•    Strong Quality Growth
•    Better financial returns
•    Respected and Trusted to Lead

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2551

25 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

It seems like every 'Think Tank' and 'review' comes and goes without anything ever changing. It doesn't seem so long ago that Henry McLeish had his turn to produce another long awaited review and blueprint to improve the game - again nothing happened. 

The SFA have had opportunity time and again to evolve and better themselves but it only seems to go from bad to worse. I probably agree that the only thing that can/will change it is empty stadiums and dwindling memberships - all of these are either about to, or are already happening to some degree, even without talk of boycott! 

Many are now quite rightly pointing the finger at Regan and co.

Any pressure group to get rid of these charlatans must first work to get the understanding of what exactly is going on. We have a load of board members sitting at the top of the tree but also a large SFA staff structure sitting below them, The buck has got to stop with the guys at the top though. This is where we've got to question the resumes of Regan, Petrie and, I would argue, guys like McRae (Cove Rangers) as President of the SFA.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=4126

There are some guys that read as if you'd expect them to be an asset to the SFA (Ralph Topping and Gary Hughes for example)... but the problem is - who is actually doing what? What is the division of labour and responsibility? Who is fundamentally to blame for not ensuring that Hampden was 20,000 short of capacity for the Lithuania game? 

I'm not sure how the leadership of the SFA can in any way claim to be achieving against their strategic pillars: 

Scottish FA

The Scottish FA exists to promote, foster and develop the game at all levels in this country.

Founded in 1873, Scottish football’s governing body has recently undergone the most radical changes in its history, enabling us to lead the game into a new era. The launch of our strategic plan Scotland United: A 2020 Vision outlines the vision, values and goals that underpin the organisation and its many facets.

The plan encompasses four strategic pillars:
•    Perform and Win
•    Strong Quality Growth
•    Better financial returns
•    Respected and Trusted to Lead

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2551

Failing miserably on all four points