We can still make 2nd place - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

We can still make 2nd place

jamboman

I'm genuinely as negative as I've ever been about the national side. I don't see a way out. Strachan has to go. But so has Regan. And so do all the SFA backroom staff. And whoever comes in has to do things completely differently. And the SPFL has to be purged and reformed and the Old Firm veto removed.

All of this has to happen for things to improve and the sad thing is that none of it - except maybe Strachan walking and being replaced by another old boy who won't rock the boat - will.

If we could get the right manager.there is still a lot to play for in this group.forget about qualification this time.but we still have the chance to revenge england at home and in the current circumstances a 3rd place finish would be respectable. 

Edited by allyc

11 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

After the Poland game there should have been a complete clearout.

The "In Gord We Trust" wallipurs giving it laldy with "One Gordon Strachan" in Faro made the SFA's job far too easy for them. In fact they gave him time to go away and think about whether he wanted to stay on, if reports are to be believed the sames happening now

Complete joke

Edited by DoonTheSlope

9 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The "In Gord We Trust" wallipurs giving it laldy with "One Gordon Strachan" in Faro made the SFA's job far too easy for them. In fact they gave him time to go away and think about whether he wanted to stay on, if reports are to be believed the sames happening now

Complete joke

These loyal fans are pathetic, like a beaten up wife who somehow believes things will change. Failure is now our normal, people accepting it as a given is shameful. If the ginger fud hangs on, then we are done. 

Anyone who thinks, in all seriousness and without jest, that we can finish second really needs to have a hard look at themselves and maybe consider seeing a shrink ..

If there was some kind of evidence, visible or otherwise, then just maybe you could justify that serious optimism.

This is not like club football where you can go out and sign several players to improve your performance

Bringing in a new manager may give us a boost and make us more difficult to beat but it is in no way going to increase our chances of gaining sufficient points to get anywhere near second place.

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

These loyal fans are pathetic, like a beaten up wife who somehow believes things will change. Failure is now our normal, people accepting it as a given is shameful. If the ginger fud hangs on, then we are done. 

Agreed. We need to hit them were it hurts, stop buying the tickets, pies, shirts. They couldn't care less what happens on the park as long as the books look good

Regan is a money man, that's all he's interested in 

Hampden Syndrome is now the Scottish fitba fans version of Stockholm Syndrome, it makes no fcking sense, but some just fall in love with getting abused and defend their abusers out of misplaced love and affection, and a belief that they are special.

Grow a pair.

On 12/11/2016 at 6:33 AM, Ally Bongo said:

There was a time when Scotland fans were great ambassadors for the country but still had an edge to us

That ended around 1998

For the last 18 years the Scotland support has gradually reduced itself to a parody

The majority of our away support consists of guys who are more interested in poncing around a foreign country in ridiculous attire and wanting to be the centre of attention than they are with the actual game which has become a sideshow

Are you seriously blaming the fans for the team not qualifying? :blink: I'm not even sure the team had much support then as people took it for granted that we'd qualify. Fervour towards the national team really picked up in the Berti Vogts years, when we had probably our worst team ever.

On 13/11/2016 at 3:43 PM, bigfathagiz said:

I don't care care I'm finished with fitbaw

Nothing like taking the rough with the smooth. "I'm not playing any more" :lol:

On 13/11/2016 at 5:46 PM, noctonjock said:

Too little too late . Like someone said on another thread if Strachan had picked Friday's line up against Lithuania and Slovakia we would have beat them . He didnt so its game over for this campaign . Dont have the answers but 2nd place a no from me 

Would Friday's team seriously have turned the 3-0 defeat away to Slovakia into a win?

22 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Anyone who thinks, in all seriousness and without jest, that we can finish second really needs to have a hard look at themselves and maybe consider seeing a shrink ..

If there was some kind of evidence, visible or otherwise, then just maybe you could justify that serious optimism.

This is not like club football where you can go out and sign several players to improve your performance

Bringing in a new manager may give us a boost and make us more difficult to beat but it is in no way going to increase our chances of gaining sufficient points to get anywhere near second place.

So are you in favour of Strachan staying or not? I don't think he's done particularly well, but at least is giving young players a chance , actually tries to attack and has more than one or two sets of tactics. I really don't see anybody else doing any better.

1 hour ago, Que Sera Sera said:

So are you in favour of Strachan staying or not? I don't think he's done particularly well, but at least is giving young players a chance , actually tries to attack and has more than one or two sets of tactics. I really don't see anybody else doing any better.

I want the SFA to be rooted out, disbanded and replaced 

However yes he needs to go

Realistically we're done. Under the current management team we have no chance of second. In saying that, we have played our 2 hardest games, everyone has been taking points off of each other and even though we have been pure pish, we're only 4 points off second. If we had a competent manager that played our best players in their best position with more than just a plan a, then we'd have an outside chance of second, but no more than that.

3 hours ago, stevenmcn said:

Realistically we're done. Under the current management team we have no chance of second. In saying that, we have played our 2 hardest games, everyone has been taking points off of each other and even though we have been pure pish, we're only 4 points off second. If we had a competent manager that played our best players in their best position with more than just a plan a, then we'd have an outside chance of second, but no more than that.

Slovenia away is probably our hardest fixture and England & Slovakia at home will be no walk in the park either - We struggled to draw with Lithuania at home FFS! 

We have no chance of second and fully expect us to finish 5th in the group now, 4th if we change manager. 

Not a chance. You watched any of our matches over the last couple campaigns? 

Even the win vs Malta was lucky. 1-1ht, dodgy penalty, 2 red cards for Malta.