We can still make 2nd place - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

We can still make 2nd place

jamboman

Is it just me or does anyone else think we can still make 2nd place? - If we bring in someone else now!!!

Ours fixtures are

Slovenia - Home

England - Home

Lithuania - away

malta - Home

Slovakia - home

Slovenia - away

With 6 games to go, i think we can win 4 of these at least and actually avoid defeat for the rest of the campaign. The hardest 2 games are out the way (slovakia and england away) We still might still be in this group but lets get Strachan out.

we would have to win all of our remaining games

remember worst second place don't get into a play off

after 3 months of football we are now once again in the position where the next time we can play tournament football is 4 years away

29 minutes ago, jamboman said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think we can still make 2nd place? - If we bring in someone else now!!!

Ours fixtures are

Slovenia - Home

England - Home

Lithuania - away

malta - Home

Slovakia - home

Slovenia - away

With 6 games to go, i think we can win 4 of these at least and actually avoid defeat for the rest of the campaign. The hardest 2 games are out the way (slovakia and england away) We still might still be in this group but lets get Strachan out.

Four homes games left right enough. I am already worried about Malta though........................

Had to check your post to be fair. Thought it was Kenny Miller at first. 

:huh:no chance! We'll be lucky to win any of our next 3 games

lm done, 25 years following Scotland  I can't justify the money,time off work unpaid,time away from wife/ kids, the shite after shite after shite performances,there was a time when I cared, went in the huff (toys out the pram) when we lost, but now I just don't care, I'm now 45 and really don't think we'll qualify for a tournament in my lifetime again?Take care it's been emotional!

Admire the confidence and did mention it on the way home. The look of disdain from my mates was the wake up call .

Our defence is no better than an average SPL one ( bottom six ) and we have stopped taking our chances up front. We need at least 2 goals every game to stand a chance of winning.

We will get tops 12 points and finish 4th

even getting 2nd place its not going to get us qualified ....

we will need more points than other teams in second and still need to get through a qualifier.........

I think we are fecked.   Sad but true......

if only burke patterson mcarthur mcormack, phillips boyd bardsley and rhodes had been more involved............

though i'm sure the berk fae berkshire will disagree which is pathetic....hehe

2 hours ago, jamboman said:

Ours fixtures are

Slovenia - Home

England - Home

Lithuania - away

malta - Home

Slovakia - home

Slovenia - away

Scottish International football is finished - no one bothers anymore, the quality is pish, the commitment is pish, just let it go , find another sport,  watch the rugby boys at least  they commit to the cause.

I'ved said it a few times regarding Scotland fans.....there's a fine between optimism and lunacy!!  Anyone who thinks we'll finish 2nd let alone qualify needs to get a reality check.  It's already all about the next Euros!  

2 hours ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Four homes games left right enough. I am already worried about Malta though........................

Had to check your post to be fair. Thought it was Kenny Miller at first. 

Hiya babe - don't let my positivity annoy you. 

Great fixtures to come. We will finish 2nd.

Strachan might as well bugger off though.

18 minutes ago, Radian said:

I'ved said it a few times regarding Scotland fans.....there's a fine between optimism and lunacy!!  Anyone who thinks we'll finish 2nd let alone qualify needs to get a reality check.  It's already all about the next Euros!  

Which in turn will be over after 3 games

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Which in turn will be over after 3 games

proper national team fans are always looking at next game to keep a qualification bid going

heading to finals maybe not all the time but enough

watching club football with main eye on who's doing well, who should maybe come in

we go years att a time with nothing then have 2, 3 meaningful games and back into the wilderness again

glorious failure was bad enough

this is absolutely desperate

3 hours ago, jamboman said:

Ours fixtures are

Slovenia - Home

England - Home

Lithuania - away

malta - Home

Slovakia - home

Slovenia - away

I've thought like that since 1974 against Yugoslavia. For once I have given up totally.  Hard to see any more than 8pts there.

Started a thread before Malta game about forgetting this campaign before it had started, might have to start another one before the next Euro campaign at this rate.

Having said that if we beat Slovenia I might get the calculator back out.