The Scottish Sunday Mail - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Sunday Mail

bigfathagiz

Is it justified?...On the front page it said "disgrace"?  I was there from from 12.30 till 5.30 I saw the idiots and the guys in the water. Seems to me the story is based on a very very small minority,  a minority that should be punished and after this story they will probably be punished for the rest of their life, what they did was indefensible.  What about the other 13,000 or so who behaved themselves, they mixed with tourists,  laughed with police, were silent when they needed to be, and paid respect.   So playing devils advocate, was this story over the top? Could the emphasis been different?  Given Scotland were beaten three nil did we really need a negative storyline about a small minority on one of the biggest selling newspapers in Scotland front page.   I am not defending the guys who done wrong I am only opening this up for discussion.   The mess that was left was bad but not any worse than new year celebrations which I have attended.  In my opinion the Scots dids not behave like the english fans at the Euros but the Sunday Mail is now carrying stories that make the Scots out to be a disgrace....so is it justified?

Edited by bigfathagiz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

Is it justified?...On the front page it said "disgrace"?  I was there from from 12.30 till 5.30 I saw the idiots and the guys in the water. Seems to me the story is based on a very very small minority,  a minority that should be punished and after this story they will be probably be punished for the rest of their life, what they did was indefensible.  But what about the other 13,000 or so who behaved themselves, they mixed with tourists,  laughed with police, were silent when they needed to be, and paid respect.   So playing devils advocate, was this story over the top? Could the emphasis been different?  Given Scotland were beaten three nil did we really need a negative storyline about a small minority on one of the biggest selling newspapers in Scotland front page.   I am not defending the guys who done wrong I am only opening this up for discussion.   The mess that was left was bad but not any worse than new year celebrations which I have attended.  In my opinion the Scots dids not behave like the english fans at the Euros but the Sunday Mail is now carrying stories that make the Scots out to be a disgrace....so is it justified?

It's the Record. Ignore it and move on

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

So the pictures are fakes then?  It never happened, is that what you're saying?

Just because others are worse doesn't mean that it's acceptable to expose yourself in public.

Once again you look daft....I am not saying any of this ... you are pathetic.

Edited by bigfathagiz

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

So the pictures are fakes then?  It never happened, is that what you're saying?

Just because others are worse doesn't mean that it's acceptable to expose yourself in public.

3 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

I expected that response from you because it does not matter what I say you will disagree Only need to check the history of your comments to see that.    Go back and read my post I stated  "I saw the idiots"   I also stated what they did was "indefensible"  why Don't you read the post properly before typing?

Dreadful journalism from a dreadful dying paper.

Guys have had too much to drink and act daft, where in the world would you get on the front page. That's right in the piece of trash called the Record or Mail. These guys deserve a slagging and firm talking to by their mates. Not nationally ridiculed with massive lifetime issues ( job loss etc )

Honestly makes me sick. These guys meant no disrespect to the fallen soldiers. Quicker that paper goes under the better,

Edited by Bingo Foot Soldier

original question was THIS

Is it justified?...On the front page it said "disgrace"?  I was there from from 12.30 till 5.30 I saw the idiots and the guys in the water. Seems to me the story is based on a very very small minority,  a minority that should be punished and after this story they will probably be punished for the rest of their life, what they did was indefensible.  What about the other 13,000 or so who behaved themselves, they mixed with tourists,  laughed with police, were silent when they needed to be, and paid respect.   So playing devils advocate, was this story over the top? Could the emphasis been different?  Given Scotland were beaten three nil did we really need a negative storyline about a small minority on one of the biggest selling newspapers in Scotland front page.   I am not defending the guys who done wrong I am only opening this up for discussion.   The mess that was left was bad but not any worse than new year celebrations which I have attended.  In my opinion the Scots dids not behave like the english fans at the Euros but the Sunday Mail is now carrying stories that make the Scots out to be a disgrace....so is it justified?

Edited by bigfathagiz

Just now, bigfathagiz said:

original queation was THIS

is there an echo in here?

The guys in the Square behaved and respected very well the 11am silence and the whole ceremonial part of the day.

As day progresses a couple over indulge and revert to drunken oaf mode with various daft behaviour. This includes jumping in the water which earlier had seen poppies put in it during tribute. Also various kilt flashes for camera.

Tartan Army leave square and behind leave a T In The Park style mess.

Various images of the guys involved on front page. Daft yes, front page humiliation no.

5 minutes ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

Dreadful journalism from a dreadful dying paper.

Guys have had too much to drink and act daft, where in the world would you get on the front page. That's right in the piece of trash called the Record or Mail. These guys deserve a slagging and firm talking to by their mates. Not nationally ridiculed with massive lifetime issues ( job loss etc )

Honestly makes me sick. These guys meant no disrespect to the fallen soldiers. Quicker that paper goes under the better,

Well booting a ball around Trafalgar Square at a sensitive time isn't the brightest idea in the world when the world is watching. And as for flashing your clacker bag to all and sundry....

I hate that rancid rag as well but for Christ sake they should be trying to show a bit more savvy and not giving the media any ammunition to do us down. I'm starting to get the sense that amongst the new breed of journosthere is a self loathing anti TA sentiment that are gagging for stories like this to feed their agenda.