Is this our worst ever run ? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is this our worst ever run ?

Doric

How about the end of Bertie / start of Walter era? Between the home win v Netherlands in the play-offs to the 2-1 win in Norway I count...

P 17 W 3 D 6 L 8    with the wins being against Estonia, Trinidad&Tobago and Moldova.   Walter Smith only lost 1 (in Italy) from 5 there however, and I have great fondness for yon light blue strips worn in Norway from finally watching that win (on TV).

He made us tough to beat again.

On 14/11/2016 at 8:45 AM, bonny78 said:

Its the worst team and performance since 2004 start of campaign and into 2005. It got soooooo much better after that but then back to p1sh in 2010 when craig came in.

The team then was worse player by player than we have now.

This team is underachieving, that team was just very bad.

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

The team then was worse player by player than we have now.

This team is underachieving, that team was just very bad.

A young McFadden and Fletcher were our prospects back then. Ferguson was also at his peak. Just not a lot else to shout about...

Nigel Quashie anyone?

I believe because of my lack of emotion that it is.  Missing out on the EURO's was painful, I would lay in bed and think about what a monumental missed opportunity it was.  Then I looked at our group, and felt hey at least there is a potential World Cup play off, came in at half tank and beat Malta was more gutted England scored a last minute winner because psychologically a 2 point cushion would be helpful, then we drew with Lithuania and the pain of the EURO debacle was ever present, felt hey if we beat Slovenia then we will be on 7 points and that was acceptable tally thus far, but oh my heid the manner in which we lost that game was even worse.  Went into the England game with no hope, not really that hurt with the loss because all enthusiasm had since departed.  To think I was dreaming of 9 points in our first 3, oh the fool.

11 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I believe because of my lack of emotion that it is.  Missing out on the EURO's was painful, I would lay in bed and think about what a monumental missed opportunity it was.  Then I looked at our group, and felt hey at least there is a potential World Cup play off, came in at half tank and beat Malta was more gutted England scored a last minute winner because psychologically a 2 point cushion would be helpful, then we drew with Lithuania and the pain of the EURO debacle was ever present, felt hey if we beat Slovenia then we will be on 7 points and that was acceptable tally thus far, but oh my heid the manner in which we lost that game was even worse.  Went into the England game with no hope, not really that hurt with the loss because all enthusiasm had since departed.  To think I was dreaming of 9 points in our first 3, oh the fool.

We haven't played Slovenia yet....

11 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Most of us said we would struggle v Malta, which we did till the ref sent their boy off and gave us a penalty. Lets not forget Chris Martin missed that tap in from 5 yards also.

Most of us also said we would struggle v Lithuania which we did.

Most of us thought we would be lucky to get anything from Slovakia and would be pumped by England, which we were.

What we didn't expect was for all the above to happen, nothing to change, and the same managment team to be in place looking at the next games. Beggars belief tbh.

Overhual and change needed please or 2020 will be f*cked before we know it!