"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go

clarky1606

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Rossy said:

ATAC couldn't rock a dinghy in a hurricane.

They're too busy cosying up to the SFA and enjoying their wee privileges to even consider being involved in a coup or dissentful behaviour.

They're part of the SFA establishment. Don't bother with them.

Aye yer spot on. Had a couple of email responses.......

As for ATAC’s influence I don’t know what more we can do and would put our relationship with them in the same category as Strachan’s, i.e. it’s pretty much up to the SFA at present.

One thing is absolutely for sure, if ATAC start getting involved in potential boycotts and protests along the lines you’ve detailed we may as well pack up as they would never deal with us again – it’s simply not what we’re about I would respectfully suggest.

We had a talk a number of years ago whether or not we should be a pressure group that agitates for change and coordinates protests and boycotts. I'm open to either but I agree that if we do take that form then the SFA will be unlikely to constructively engage with us again.

They have absolutely no interest in participating in any boycott or organising one never mind speaking to the SFA in case they upset them.

8 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

As for ATAC’s influence I don’t know what more we can do and would put our relationship with them in the same category as Strachan’s, i.e. it’s pretty much up to the SFA at present.

One thing is absolutely for sure, if ATAC start getting involved in potential boycotts and protests along the lines you’ve detailed we may as well pack up as they would never deal with us again – it’s simply not what we’re about I would respectfully suggest.

We had a talk a number of years ago whether or not we should be a pressure group that agitates for change and coordinates protests and boycotts. I'm open to either but I agree that if we do take that form then the SFA will be unlikely to constructively engage with us again.

They have absolutely no interest in participating in any boycott or organising one never mind speaking to the SFA in case they upset them.

What chance have we got when the fans representatives don't care about the fans concerns?

Who is actually involved in the running of ATAC? Is it Hamish Husband?

Edited by DoonTheSlope

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

It's Slovenia everyone has been speaking about that he hasn't watched. 

Aye sorry, you are right. The Poland v Slovenia game on Monday is the more pertinent one. Unbelievable that our next opponents were playing when we had no game and our manager decides to go golfing instead.

The piss is being well and truly ripped.

6 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

I got a response from Jim Brown who confirmed he would pass on my comments in its entirety to ATAC reps but I think we are pissing in the wind if we believe they are going to help us. 

Our only hope is for their (already broken?) relationship with the SFA to get worse and they start to pay attention to the fans who are calling for change

In terms of numbers us fans are bigger than the SFA or Strachan or ATAC. We need to use that to our advantage, stay away from games and hit them in the pocket. Maybe then we will get a reaction.

The mass walkout suggested by podgers1903 could work for all ST holders. It would be great to see an already empty Hampden vs. Slovenia then all ST holders up and leave after 30 mins :wave:

Aye a seen your email, he sent it on. That's where them asking TA clubs to poll members came from. 

Seems like absolutely no one has any interest in putting their name to a boycott. Even from individual voluntary run TA clubs. Best thing anyone came back with was to attend and have a visual display against the board mainly.

If we cannae even organise a protest/boycott what chance have we got. We've fckin nae chance.:lol:

I thought this mob where there to take any concerns of the fans to the SFA, we are in the worst nick for god knows how long and they want to bury their heeds in the sand.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Meh, we just played them last month.  He probably saw them then.  

But if you're looking for problems then you would probably pick up on it. 

Because of the way the fixtures are scheduled, we normally play on the same day as these teams, so it's a rare opportunity to see them in action.

Surely as an international manager he should be putting his holiday off a few days to take advantage of this?

If you worked in retail, you wouldn't be taking time off in December, and you'd be working 40+ hours a week. As of last night, Strachan has 4 months before our next game.

it shows either an extreme arrogance or lack of commitment, perhaps both to think it's not worth watching the other teams in our group.

45 minutes ago, Chief said:

The ATAC will be full of the types more interested in putting a pin badge in their glengarry than watching a winning football team. 

Correct. 

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

it shows either an extreme arrogance or lack of commitment, perhaps both to think it's not worth watching the other teams in our group.

Nailed it. He either thinks he knows it all already (which he clearly doesn't) or doesn't care enough to put in the hard graft. The guy is more of a whank than Levein and that is some achievement. 

Why would the ATAC be scared the SFA won't speak to them if they call for a boycott? 

The fans are are more powerful than the SFA ever will be. Unless the ATAC just want to kiss the arse of the SFA invade such a move prompted change for them aswell as the SFA?

52 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Aye a seen your email, he sent it on. That's where them asking TA clubs to poll members came from. 

Seems like absolutely no one has any interest in putting their name to a boycott. Even from individual voluntary run TA clubs. Best thing anyone came back with was to attend and have a visual display against the board mainly.

If we cannae even organise a protest/boycott what chance have we got. We've fckin nae chance.:lol:

I thought this mob where there to take any concerns of the fans to the SFA, we are in the worst nick for god knows how long and they want to bury their heeds in the sand.

Clearly we have too many fans & TA groups who are scared to make their true opinions known in case they are scrutinized for it. Heaven forbid they were to lose their SSC membership :eek: 

This puts the last nail in the coffin for me. We are completely powerless to force change as every alley way we go down is snuffed out by those who could help us.

Lets see what happens come March when the stadium is empty vs Slovenia. If that causes a knee jerk reaction from the SFA then happy days, if they don't attempt to make peace with the stay away fans then we have made the right decision by calling it a day.

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Correct. 

Nailed it. He either thinks he knows it all already (which he clearly doesn't) or doesn't care enough to put in the hard graft. The guy is more of a whank than Levein and that is some achievement. 

:ok: 

His arrogance offends me and I am far more wound up about the situation than I should be :angry: Strachans decisions & comments, McGhee's, Petrie's, Reagans, Dontaster, Broadfoots comments, the emails we get from the SFA/SSC - they all stink of arrogance.

All I see is them all sat around one big table pissing themselves laughing at us, undermining us for our thinking that change is possible.

A co-ordinated walk out during the England game would be most effective I think. Would it be safe to assume the majority of SSC ticketholders are in the North Stand? This is opposite the camera positions and an empty stand during one of our biggest games in years being beamed around the world might send a message?

Flip side is that the SFA will have already had their money off everyone so will they really care..? 

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What chance have we got when the fans representatives don't care about the fans concerns?

No, Hamish is the press spokesman for WESTA and occasionally for ATAC.

ATAC is simply an organisation that works on behalf of the TA Clubs - if the TA Clubs wanted it to take action then it would have to. The people currently on its board may or may not agree with that and may, rightly or wrongly, warn that actions may be counter productive, but they are in position to work on behalf of their members and are accountable as such.

From my perspective, ATAC may find it difficult to support a boycott, but they could very easily be part of a campaign for positive change in Scottish Football. If ATAC, and others, could define a list of positive changes to press for, then they should be listened to.

5 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

as others have implied. ATAC seem way too cosy with the SFA. obviously they are happy with the current state of the game if they are scared of upsetting the SFA. really I mean given where we are now who really gives 2 flying f**ks if the SFA don't engage with a supporters association. its like worrying about whether to put the kettle on or not when the roofs falling in around your ears.

when will people wake up to the fact the governance of the game needs to change root and branch or we are screwed for many years to come.

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

Wait - what's that last point?  Strachan had the chance to watch the opposition and didn't?  What's the story there?

well to be fair Adam it is his f**king job.  and given how his job is going just now I would have thought a bit of overtime would be the least he might want to invest.

The problem for me with the SFA is that it is business men running it and not football people. we should be getting guys like Alex ferguson, Kenny Dalglish, souness involved. football these days seems more about the business side and how much they can make from the fans

I was looking on Internet to find out how regan managed to get the job in the first place and can't fathom it out. his linkedin page is full of business waffle. 

I found a recent article from him in the guardian and it completely sums up the above - full of business buzzwords. copied below:-

We have to work a lot closer with the clubs to recognise that developing young Scottish talent suits everybody. That means coaching support, data sharing, talent identification, investment through measurable performance outcomes and academy infrastructure, proving opportunity for kids to rise up and play for Scotland.

"measureable performance outcomes", "talent identification"... deary me. 

for me, the Sfa and spl have to take the main responsibility for the current state of the Scotland team, and the game in Scotland in general, and any boycott for me would be to force a complete change in both organisations. 

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The member clubs of ATAC run ATAC. the Dunfermline Tartan Army is a club member, and I am the atac rep on behalf of the DTA.

I feel ATAC certainly do represent the views of fans. fans within the member clubs. atac reps meet quarterly to discuss the issues that their members are raising, and we engage constructively with the SFA to address some of these points.

The point made earlier about ATAC sooking up to the SFA couldn't be further from reality.  ATAC was very critical of the pricing strategy a few years ago which strained the relationship with the SFA. However we have worked past that for the benefit of the fans, and have already saw further benefits come from these conversations.