"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go

clarky1606

26 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

To answer my own question: http://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/

Some half-interesting stuff on there although no timestamp, so not sure when some of the achievements are from. There does appear to be a constitution though and it doesn't look all too bad, although comes across as more of an information sharing body though (news about tickets, bus parking, etc).

Not quite sure it's a good use of their time/money to organise "sporran guides" and fitba tournaments.

Also curious is I dont see any minutes of meetings with the SFA or even internal ATAC meetings, etc. 

As mentioned earlier, it would be good if steps were taken to make the voice of Scottish supporters more potent. More organised, uptake in membership/representation, etc and that probably requires stepping back from the SFA a bit. SFA are probably keen to keep them close but weak, which is justification in itself for taking a step back.

The Sporran guides came as a request from member clubs who missed the old guides that the SSC once issued. 

Feedback has been excellent from members. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Fair point. Perhaps someone can confirm?

Another fair point. Im looking at ETA right now. That said, it's a chicken and egg situation - Id be more inclined to sign up if I thought it was a worthwhile organisation to be a member of. It doesnt feel like it is at all which probably explains why most don't bother. But yeah, I take your point. Would be good to see ATAC step up and show more balls though and collectively clubs finding ways in which to attract more members.

Yes. minutes and communications are sent round following every meeting. 

10 minutes ago, Flure said:

He is the "spokesman" for WESTA. It's his role to speak to "them" on behalf of WESTA.

The people who elect him have elected him for years. So somebody thinks he's doing a good job.

I'm a WESTA member - and I voted for him.

Likewise, Flure, he was voted for by atac reps at a previous atac meeting.

G

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

It's a fact that ticket prices are less this campaign than they were last. And having read the ATAC minutes it's obvious they were influential in this happening.

However I don't think the SFA went far enough and they should've been reduced significantly further still and I'd like to see ATAC pursue this yet more in the run up towards the next campaign.

3 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It's a fact that ticket prices are less this campaign than they were last. And having read the ATAC minutes it's obvious they were influential in this happening.

However I don't think the SFA went far enough and they should've been reduced significantly further still and I'd like to see ATAC pursue this yet more in the run up towards the next campaign.

Are they?  I paid £40 for a Lithuania ticket.  Must admit, i can't remember what it was previously, but didn't seem that much.

End of the day, i don't really see the point in belittling what a small group are doing with the SFA.  they'll be trying their best.  The biggest threat isn't 1500 glengarrys being represented, it's 35,000 plus Scotland fans not turning up.  And that without doubt is what is going to happen.  

If it is okay with you guys I will go to any Scotland game that I can, home or away. I travel a lot to both so they are all away games to me. Kick on with your boycotts and whatever, I will still be at the games that matter, home or  away as I am a Scotland supporter.

28 minutes ago, davetenerife said:

If it is okay with you guys I will go to any Scotland game that I can, home or away. I travel a lot to both so they are all away games to me. Kick on with your boycotts and whatever, I will still be at the games that matter, home or  away as I am a Scotland supporter.

There's not many of those coming up. The games up the pole

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There's not many of those coming up. The games up the pole

All Scotland games matter to me. Home or away, Qualifiers or friendlies. Sorry if that does not fit with your agenda.

45 minutes ago, davetenerife said:

Cool story, chocolate Glengarry coming your way.

1 hour ago, davetenerife said:

For clarity you could have just as easily said I'll still attend all games regardless of any pressure movements by a section of my fellow support

7 minutes ago, davetenerife said:

Sorry? Lost me there.

And I do not wear a Glengarry or feathers.

Glengarry and feathers? You've lost me 

48 minutes ago, davetenerife said:

All Scotland games matter to me. Home or away, Qualifiers or friendlies. Sorry if that does not fit with your agenda.

I admire this to be honest, it would have been me a few years ago.  The ticket prices, atmosphere like a morgue and a pish team have me walking away.  could handle the pish team, but can't the pathetic tartan army atmosphere at games and the cost.  if people still enjoy that though I do say fair play.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

I get that loads of folk will still go to the games, to meet mates, the day out etc. The experience of seeing different places, meeting up with the same guys a few times a year is probably more what it's about than the football for a lot of people. I think the sfa know that as well, hence why they keep ticket prices high, as they feel they are guaranteed 35k+ at every home game, despite the fare on offer. they take the fans for granted. 

Only when attendances drop, people stop buying merchandise, when it starts to hit the sfa coffers, will they sit up and start to do something.

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I admire this to be honest, it would have been me a few years ago.  The ticket prices, atmosphere like a morgue and a pish team have me walking away.  could handle the pish team, but can't the pathetic tartan army atmosphere at games and the cost.  if people still enjoy that though I do say fair play.

I admire this too. No-one should be made to feel a fanny supporting their country or that they are in some way responsible for the demise of the national team.

Some folk feel patriotic and will continue to support for that reason. Many younger supporters will never have experienced Scotlands success and have nothing to compare the current situation to,  or will support domestic teams who play shit football who have never achieved anything either.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has their tipping point, and for different reasons. I hope that one day the enthusiasm returns but right now I have tipped over.

Perhaps it will be like when you give up alcohol for a while and it tastes so much better when you have your first drink again. Not that I would know what that feels like right enough. 

Or perhaps you just find you have not missed  it at all. 

On 15/11/2016 at 2:31 PM, TDYER63 said:

Good to see a post specific to doing something rather than ideas all over the place. Have season ticket but wont be going nor will i be passing  ticket on as i originally intended doing as  that defeats the purpose. Same with my husband . Hard earned money lost but if it gets the desired effect will be worth it.

Send it back to the ssc,detailing exactly why you don't want it anymore.