Wembley Ticket Collection - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley Ticket Collection

ATAC

ATAC has been made aware of the poor conduct of a minority of supporters at the Ticket Uplift point on the night of the England v Scotland match at Wembley.  This type of behaviour is unacceptable and we would remind supporters to be respectful of the SSC staff at all times regardless of the circumstances.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ATAC said:

ATAC has been made aware of the poor conduct of a minority of supporters at the Ticket Uplift point on the night of the England v Scotland match at Wembley.  This type of behaviour is unacceptable and we would remind supporters to be respectful of the SSC staff at all times regardless of the circumstances.

I,ll tell you whats unacceptable is them giving a supporters ticket away.your supposed to be on the side of the Scotland fans,lets hear what youve got to say about this.

Read on another post about a guy who travelled from Norway, I think, and had his ticket given away......that's unacceptable. Giving the tickets out to people a couple of hours before kick off is also unacceptable. Not condoning any abusive behaviour but can understand why people would be piss.d off. Looks like you only heard the part of the story that suits the SFA.

8 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Read on another post about a guy who travelled from Norway, I think, and had his ticket given away......that's unacceptable. Giving the tickets out to people a couple of hours before kick off is also unacceptable. Not condoning any abusive behaviour but can understand why people would be piss.d off. Looks like you only heard the part of the story that suits the SFA.

Yep, to only have once collection point which was at the stadium was a huge mistake. Almost everywhere else there is not only a collection point at the stadium but somewhere within the city centre, that being when there is a far smaller allocation!

Questions need to be asked 

26 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Yep, to only have once collection point which was at the stadium was a huge mistake. Almost everywhere else there is not only a collection point at the stadium but somewhere within the city centre, that being when there is a far smaller allocation!

Questions need to be asked 

Where and when would you have had the ticket collections? Keep in mind that the pickup for Wembley was supposedly minimum and consisted of overseas members, folk who chose to pickup, a few who had previous for non-collection and a very small amount of randoms.

I was at a ticket pickup in Malta and folk were moaning cause it was at the top of a hill. imagine if it had been at the bottom of a hill? they'd have got stick for folk having to walk up the hill afterwards!

2 hours ago, The Laud said:

I,ll tell you whats unacceptable is them giving a supporters ticket away.your supposed to be on the side of the Scotland fans,lets hear what youve got to say about this.

We have quarterly meetings where we discuss such issues which our member clubs raise, and any issues raised are taken forward. 

But abusing SSC staff, (and we aren't just referring to one case here) is unacceptable. 

How could there not have been a ticket pick up the day before at wembley stadium for those who could make it then have another pick up on the night of the game.Then also put more staff on to look after the fans rather than treat them like idiots.

1 hour ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

How could there not have been a ticket pick up the day before at wembley stadium for those who could make it then have another pick up on the night of the game.Then also put more staff on to look after the fans rather than treat them like idiots.

I agree with you but had there been one then folk would've moaned and said I'm going there on match day so I'll leave it til then as I don't want to have to go there twice.

Or others that say I want it at my hotel/Trafalgar Square /Buckingham palace/kings cross/Carlisle services/scotch corner and so on.

4 hours ago, ATAC said:

:lol::lol: Are you peoples dad now?

Ive only read of one persons issues, its between him and the SSC. There was certainly blame on both sides.

4 hours ago, ATAC said:

Unfortunate that ATAC isn't also prepared to publicly bring both the SFA and SSC to task over their obvious recent shortcomings. As far as I am aware individuals have been banned from the travel club over their part in the ticket mix up so can't see a need for the ATAC statement. Whether intentional or not ATAC appear to be desperately trying to cling on to some tenuous relationship with the current administration. For what reason I have no idea?

12 hours ago, ATAC said:

ATAC has been made aware of the poor conduct of a minority of staff members at the Ticket Uplift point on the night of the England v Scotland match at Wembley.  This type of behaviour is unacceptable and we would remind staff to be respectful of the SSC members,who after all,are paying their wages at all times regardless of the circumstances.

I assume the ssc has had a memo dropped to them also?

10 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I agree with you but had there been one then folk would've moaned and said I'm going there on match day so I'll leave it til then as I don't want to have to go there twice.

Or others that say I want it at my hotel/Trafalgar Square /Buckingham palace/kings cross/Carlisle services/scotch corner and so on.

They used to do it the night before the game at the team/ATAC/SSC/city center hotel, then during the day of the game in a city center location and then again at the stadium starting a few hours before kick-off. Gave a lot of people different chances depending on when they were arriving and where they would be around the city. Are they just changing to one location now? 

Absolutely pathetic. Giving staff members abuse isn't on, however maybe ATCA should be issuing public statements to the SFA outlining concerns at: 

- Clearly inadequate pick-up opportunities - 1 pick-up from 2 hours before the game is a disgrace

- The SSC giving out tickets to people they do not belong to 

The complete absence of standing up for Scotland fans from the happy clappers involved in ATAC is laughable. 

It seems the SSC have created unnecessary pressure and stress with the limited ticket collection window.

I wouldn't imagine it's an easy job, with folk turning up late, without ID, or to pick up for others. etc. etc.

However limiting it to a 2 hour window before the game, creates a bit of a powder keg with folk drinking beforehand and presumably becoming agitated as KO approached.

I'm sure many folk would've happily travelled across earlier in the day if that was an option or to a designated place.

The specific incident that's been mentioned wouldn't have happened at mid-day, as there would have been time to resolve adequately, nobody including the guy himself has attempted to defend what was said, but most folk can understand it.

The skin they make on the postage of 10,000 tickets would've paid for a few more folk serving or a longer window.

:lol:

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

It seems the SSC have created unnecessary pressure and stress with the limited ticket collection window.

I wouldn't imagine it's an easy job, with folk turning up late, without ID, or to pick up for others. etc. etc.

However limiting it to a 2 hour window before the game, creates a bit of a powder keg with folk drinking beforehand and presumably becoming agitated as KO approached.

I'm sure many folk would've happily travelled across earlier in the day if that was an option or to a designated place.

The specific incident that's been mentioned wouldn't have happened at mid-day, as there would have been time to resolve adequately, nobody including the guy himself has attempted to defend what was said, but most folk can understand it.

The skin they make on the postage of 10,000 tickets would've paid for a few more folk serving or a longer window.

:lol:

The SSC clearly tried to do this on the cheap. They were probably given use of collection windows by the EFA free of charge. They put two lassies there and gave a small window to collect. 

What the SSC could've done is liaise with a hotel in central london, hired a function room for the day and had a collection there. However, that'd have cost money.

The SSC charge members £55 a year and provide them with very little. It's about time both they and ATAC remembered this and a better service was demanded. 

Unfortunately I was one of the abusive people at Wembley that night. Not proud of the way I behaved, but turned up with my ssc card to collect my ticket only to be told it had already been handed out. They have admitted handing it out in error now, but at the time I was told to "go away, your tickets gone" so I had a few choice words for them. The two lassies on the counter could not care that I had come over from Norway to see the game. Eventually a Wembley supervisor was able to get them to see sense and I got a ticket just in time to see the 2nd half. No good to me is it? I have been refunded for my ticket but they have stopped replying to my emails regarding compensation for my flights and digs,to see a game that they ruined for me. I have been kicked out the ssc.  I will just be saving myself £55 the next time they open for membership. Seems you can go see Scotland without being a member anyhow. Waste of time. 

14 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

We have quarterly meetings where we discuss such issues which our member clubs raise, and any issues raised are taken forward. 

But abusing SSC staff, (and we aren't just referring to one case here) is unacceptable. 

so what your saying is the SSC can tell ATAC to release a statement and they will do so right away? (as shown above)

But when the fans who pay their wages want to voice their opinion with said statement we need to tell the ATAC representatives who will bring it to the next quarterly meeting and then ultimately it will be laughed back out the door?

17 minutes ago, md1976 said:

Unfortunately I was one of the abusive people at Wembley that night. Not proud of the way I behaved, but turned up with my ssc card to collect my ticket only to be told it had already been handed out. They have admitted handing it out in error now, but at the time I was told to "go away, your tickets gone" so I had a few choice words for them. The two lassies on the counter could not care that I had come over from Norway to see the game. Eventually a Wembley supervisor was able to get them to see sense and I got a ticket just in time to see the 2nd half. No good to me is it? I have been refunded for my ticket but they have stopped replying to my emails regarding compensation for my flights and digs,to see a game that they ruined for me. I have been kicked out the ssc.  I will just be saving myself £55 the next time they open for membership. Seems you can go see Scotland without being a member anyhow. Waste of time. 

Start a claim against them as they have not abided by their terms n conditions.

53. It may be necessary from time to time for a Member to collect their Away Match Ticket locally in the city where the Away Match is taking place. The Scottish FA will advise the Members where to collect their Tickets in advance of the match kick off time and they will be asked to present their Membership Card or a valid Passport for identification purposes before a Ticket will be issued.

By their actions they knew they had fecked up and tried to bluster it out.

And in relation to abusive members they had their numbers as they issued the tickets (well apart from the one above) so why the need to ask ATAC to post what they did? 

You may find that the grief was coming from others not in the SSC as i believe that they were also dealing with complimentary tickets.

12 minutes ago, md1976 said:

St Augustine would have struggled to remain polite in those circumstances, md 1976.

Whichever way you look at it, the treatment you received on the night was unacceptable.

However, the way they have treated you thereafter is even more unacceptable. Rather than hold their hands up, admit their grave error and show some humiilty by making amends for their appalling level of customer service in the circimstances, they accept no liability and terminate your membership even in the face of your profuse apology.

By any standard of analysis, that treatment falls well below the levels of service that you and all members are fully entitled to expect from all SSC staff, especially those who are customer facing.

1 hour ago, clarky1606 said:

so what your saying is the SSC can tell ATAC to release a statement and they will do so right away? (as shown above)

But when the fans who pay their wages want to voice their opinion with said statement we need to tell the ATAC representatives who will bring it to the next quarterly meeting and then ultimately it will be laughed back out the door?

The ssc weren't involved in the decision for atac to release at statement

And to be honest, you are commenting on stuff you seem to have zero clue as to how things work. not that we need to justify ourselves, but a message went round the atac group on Saturday morning asking about issues with collection.

Edited by GhostZapper

6 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

And to be honest, you are commenting on stuff you seem to have zero clue as to how things work. not that we need to justify ourselves, but a message went round the atac group on Saturday morning asking about issues with collection.

That reads superbly.

10 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: 

And that kind of pish is why ATAC are pointless and so little Scotland fans give a shite about what they say or do. 

36 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

The ssc weren't involved in the decision for atac to release at statement

So on what basis did you decide to release the statement? Was an ATAC representative at the collection point observing the fans collecting their tickets? Or did the SSC staff inform of you of the way they were being treated and you took their word for it? Or neither - you felt like releasing a statement without any sufficient evidence?