Wembley Ticket Collection - Page 3 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley Ticket Collection

ATAC

We can't agree on the colour of shyte so I'm not surprised the ATAC message has pissed some people off. As the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time.  No one is saying ATAC is perfect but at least they have a foot at the table at the SFA - although that has been a pretty precarious position on a number of occasions.  The SFA don't have to listen to ATAC but I'm happy as a member of WESTA that we get regular updates on ATAC's activities and get asked for our views ahead of any meetings with the SFA. Even within WESTA, we can't get a consensus so the ATAC reps generally go with the majority view.

I can only speak from personal experience and on the odd occasion I've had to pick up tickets, I've found the girls perfectly pleasant but have witnessed drunken boorish fans abusing the girls for their own inability to follow clear guidance. I wasn't however required to pick up a ticket at Wembley so didn't witness that or hear from anyone else that did have to go to the collection point.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

We can't agree on the colour of shyte so I'm not surprised the ATAC message has pissed some people off. As the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time.  No one is saying ATAC is perfect but at least they have a foot at the table at the SFA - although that has been a pretty precarious position on a number of occasions.  The SFA don't have to listen to ATAC but I'm happy as a member of WESTA that we get regular updates on ATAC's activities and get asked for our views ahead of any meetings with the SFA. Even within WESTA, we can't get a consensus so the ATAC reps generally go with the majority view.

I can only speak from personal experience and on the odd occasion I've had to pick up tickets, I've found the girls perfectly pleasant but have witnessed drunken boorish fans abusing the girls for their own inability to follow clear guidance. I wasn't however required to pick up a ticket at Wembley so didn't witness that or hear from anyone else that did have to go to the collection point.

As always Jenb, that's a fair and reasonable post but could you not have squeezed in an ice cream pun? :)

I think banning the guy from the SSC is way over the top in light of the circumstances. As with most of us - if our ticket was given away it would be extremely difficult to remain courteous and polite especially when they wouldn't do anything to help.

40 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I think banning the guy from the SSC is way over the top in light of the circumstances. As with most of us - if our ticket was given away it would be extremely difficult to remain courteous and polite especially when they wouldn't do anything to help.

This

"A foot in the table at the SFA" 

Whoopdedoo. A foot in the table that requires them to release statements condemning fans without being aware of the full facts. Braw. What an organisation. 

Can't wait for an update on why the pie queue at Hampden is so slow and why there's no sprite available at the kiosks. 

4 minutes ago, ATAC said:

it seems you have forgotten about your whole purpose. If I was ever in need of representation as a fan you lot would be the last organisation I would approach. That statement is a disgrace to every Scotland fan no surprises that it's those in the elite tartan army clubs backing you.

Edited by vanderark14

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

"A foot in the table at the SFA" 

Whoopdedoo. A foot in the table that requires them to release statements condemning fans without being aware of the full facts. Braw. What an organisation. 

Can't wait for an update on why the pie queue at Hampden is so slow and why there's no sprite available at the kiosks. 

I got a tweet from them last night saying the statement was released because their members were disgusted by some of the comments on here and on Facebook. 

They chose to release the statement because they refuse to engage with anonymous posters on a forum because they cannot verify who the posters are.

SOOOO... they cannot verify the posters are true Scotland fans with experience of the current collection situation BUT they will release a statement to all fans based on said posters comments :ok: :lol: 

It would be better if they didn't justify themselves to us because when they do their reasons are farcical 

10 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I guess they share it around their members - the folk they represent.

I thought you were ITK? 

So they gather up information that could be very useful to all fans then share in among the 1500 they represent? What about the other 26500 ssc members?

It's blatantly obvious you keep over 80% of fans in the dark (and that's just the members) just because these fans aren't affiliated to any TA club under your "guidance" they are forgotten about.

Unless of course you have an urgent statement to release at the direction of the SFA.

Perhaps if you openly shared information and made an effort to include all fans then you wouldn’t get such a hard time.

45 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

It's blatantly obvious you keep over 80% of fans in the dark (and that's just the members) just because these fans aren't affiliated to any TA club under your "guidance" they are forgotten about.

Just to clarify your point here, you're complaining that the Association of Tartan Army Clubs is representing the views of Tartan Army Clubs that are affiliated to their association rather that of some other folk?

Edited by deecie
?

49 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

So they gather up information that could be very useful to all fans then share in among the 1500 they represent? What about the other 26500 ssc members?

It's blatantly obvious you keep over 80% of fans in the dark (and that's just the members) just because these fans aren't affiliated to any TA club under your "guidance" they are forgotten about.

Unless of course you have an urgent statement to release at the direction of the SFA.

Perhaps if you openly shared information and made an effort to include all fans then you wouldn’t get such a hard time.

From what I can see ATAC post info around security issues for away games and appear to be looking to develop the Sporran guides.

What info do you feel is missing? You being ITK etc must have an idea.

8 minutes ago, deecie said:

Just to clarify your point here, you're complaining that the Association of Tartan Army Clubs is representing the views of Tartan Army Clubs that are affiliated to their association rather that of some other folk?

Sounds like he's saying ATAC should be representing the whole TA. Is he giving them a vote of confidence via a circuitous route?

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Exactly this. Right up until “some other folk” are out of line. Then it’s quickly about the whole TA.

Make it about that all the time then.

5 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Exactly this. Right up until “some other folk” are out of line. Then it’s quickly about the whole TA.

Make it about that all the time then.

Anybody who wants their views raised by ATAC can join them and have their views raised. It's hardly a secretive organisation.

If folk have no interest in getting involved with ATAC then I have zero sympathy for them if they don't like what they're doing.

Out of interest, was the members who were banned, given warnings etc and the Scotland fans giving abuse to the lassies at the pick up members of ATAC? If not, why bother issuing a statement? 

What about a statement condoning/condemning the abject failure of the team to beat a bunch of Lithuanians, or being unable to defend against a Sassenach header? Or is that not in the spirit of the "Tartan Army we'll support you evermore"?

No one in my club is in ATAC by the way, we've never been asked!

8 minutes ago, shaddypeekey said:

Out of interest, was the members who were banned, given warnings etc and the Scotland fans giving abuse to the lassies at the pick up members of ATAC? If not, why bother issuing a statement? 

What about a statement condoning/condemning the abject failure of the team to beat a bunch of Lithuanians, or being unable to defend against a Sassenach header? Or is that not in the spirit of the "Tartan Army we'll support you evermore"?

No one in my club is in ATAC by the way, we've never been asked!

Ditto, but then again we don't have constitution pal. Plenty of constipation though.

9 minutes ago, shaddypeekey said:

A constitution? To go with my mates to the fitba? that! 

Constipation though? Exact opposite after my kebab in Boreham Wood after the game!

ach you know, committee and nonsense like that. when i ran the bus for us all to the Emirates i was contacted and asked if we wanted someone from the SFA security and possibly ATAC to have a meeting with our 'new club', I politely said it wasn't a new club, it was 3 'clubs' who were going on the same bus and it was a one off but followed their instructions and made them aware of where we were parking and departure times etc. .

I can see why they do this though as there are certainly some rogues running buses for profit while pretending to be 'clubs'.

I don't disagree with the sentiment of ATAC, it's a great idea to stop charlatans like some I've witnessed. 

Still don't think they're right to come on and "condone" the actions of individulas who probably aren't even in their association. 

Oh and for the record, should their acronym not be ASTAC, standing for the Association of SOME Tartan Army Clubs? Just saying...