Wembley Ticket Collection - Page 4 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley Ticket Collection

ATAC

42 minutes ago, deecie said:

Anybody who wants their views raised by ATAC can join them and have their views raised. It's hardly a secretive organisation.

If folk have no interest in getting involved with ATAC then I have zero sympathy for them if they don't like what they're doing.

I think the general consensus is they raise they're views on some things but not all.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, shaddypeekey said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment of ATAC, it's a great idea to stop charlatans like some I've witnessed. 

Still don't think they're right to come on and "condone" the actions of individulas who probably aren't even in their association. 

Oh and for the record, should their acronym not be ASTAC, standing for the Association of SOME Tartan Army Clubs? Just saying...

This.

6 minutes ago, shaddypeekey said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment of ATAC, it's a great idea to stop charlatans like some I've witnessed. 

Still don't think they're right to come on and "condone" the actions of individulas who probably aren't even in their association. 

Oh and for the record, should their acronym not be ASTAC, standing for the Association of SOME Tartan Army Clubs? Just saying...

I think you're on to something there.

ATAC, get it Sorted. :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

honestly what a nightmare! why do people need to be in pishy wee named groups that then have an association to bring them together.

we are all just Scotland fans and ATAC should have no means to represent supporters at all!

So we now have many trains of thought:

- ATAC should represent nobody

- ATAC should represent their members

- ATAC should organise a boycott 

- ATAC should never meet with the SFA

- The SFA should listen to fans but not ATAC

- ATAC should shout and moan at the SSC and expect ongoing dialogue

Vote now.....

27 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

Vote now.....

It's simple. ATAC represent their members. They then shouldn't start releasing statements directed at Scotland fans in general. 

Put their statement to their own members because no one outside their wee club of losers gives a shite what they think. 

1 hour ago, tartanmartin said:

Vote now.....

They certainly should not be allowed to meet with the SFA to discuss Scotland fans as a whole.

If need be someone could represent the supporters club but SFA discussions with ATAC concerning ticketing, pick ups etc need to be stopped now

Organise dances or whatever else you want

On 17/11/2016 at 0:21 PM, md1976 said:

Unfortunately I was one of the abusive people at Wembley that night. Not proud of the way I behaved, but turned up with my ssc card to collect my ticket only to be told it had already been handed out. They have admitted handing it out in error now, but at the time I was told to "go away, your tickets gone" so I had a few choice words for them. The two lassies on the counter could not care that I had come over from Norway to see the game. Eventually a Wembley supervisor was able to get them to see sense and I got a ticket just in time to see the 2nd half. No good to me is it? I have been refunded for my ticket but they have stopped replying to my emails regarding compensation for my flights and digs,to see a game that they ruined for me. I have been kicked out the ssc.  I will just be saving myself £55 the next time they open for membership. Seems you can go see Scotland without being a member anyhow. Waste of time. 

They were not interested in even refunding us when we were denied our seats at Hampden at the Poland game because a gang of Polish ultras took our seats and refused to move. The steward refused to do anything and even the Police when they eventually arrived took some time to be persuaded to do anything

We eventually left and I, very politely asked for a refund and was refused  I also felt that a refund would have been the least they could have done given the overnight accommodation, travel etc we had forked out and given their admission that a hands off approach had been specifically agreed. I understood why they took that approach however they should have accepted the consequences of that decision  

They however long ago gave up giving a shit about the fans  

40 minutes ago, Lamia said:

They however long ago gave up giving a shit about the fans  

And that can be traced directly back to when it changed from the Travel Club to the Supporters Club.

And it's neither a club, not is it for the supporters.

I have sympathy for the customer-facing staff who are having to deliver the marketing team's objectives.

49 minutes ago, Flure said:

And that can be traced directly back to when it changed from the Travel Club to the Supporters Club.

I have sympathy for the customer-facing staff who are having to deliver the marketing team's objectives.

Numbers wise, is there much difference between the travel club back in the day and the supporters club now?

1 minute ago, northernscum said:

Numbers wise, is there much difference between the travel club back in the day and the supporters club now?

Oh, now then.

I'm going to guess (and someone older than me - yeah, yeah) will be along to comment, that there was 3-4k MAX in the Travel Club.

51 minutes ago, Flure said:

So you have sympathy for the customer facing staff who block you from their twitter page for simply expressing unhappiness about ticket prices. Not sure I do. 

Just now, Lamia said:

So you have sympathy for the customer facing staff who block you from their twitter page for simply expressing unhappiness about ticket prices. Not sure I do. 

No-one has so blocked me. That I know of.

But, yes. I think they're having to implement strategies emanating from the Marketing Team that can only, in the end, lead to confrontation with the Supporter's Club members. I think it's inevitable and I think they're on a cleft stick.

1 minute ago, northernscum said:

WOW! That's a whole different ball game then.

Well, yes.

The original club was set up to deal with fans who were travelling abroad. To help and assist.

Remember, though, that this was back in the day before budget airlines and there were many fewer folk travelling compared with now.

When it was opened up to become a "Supporters' Club" it was clear that it was nothing more than a revenue stream.

If this is supposed to be a revenue stream the way they are going about their business it will turn into a drought...

The days of a waiting list for the SSC have gone and with the apathy for our manager i can see more fans drifting away. 

The way they are acting with threatening bans and not addressing issues they have caused due to incompetence could lead to litigation. 

Not a good way to run a business let alone a so called supporters club. 

On 17/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, jenblueeyes said:

We can't agree on the colour of shyte so I'm not surprised the ATAC message has pissed some people off. As the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time.  No one is saying ATAC is perfect but at least they have a foot at the table at the SFA - although that has been a pretty precarious position on a number of occasions.  The SFA don't have to listen to ATAC but I'm happy as a member of WESTA that we get regular updates on ATAC's activities and get asked for our views ahead of any meetings with the SFA. Even within WESTA, we can't get a consensus so the ATAC reps generally go with the majority view.

I can only speak from personal experience and on the odd occasion I've had to pick up tickets, I've found the girls perfectly pleasant but have witnessed drunken boorish fans abusing the girls for their own inability to follow clear guidance. I wasn't however required to pick up a ticket at Wembley so didn't witness that or hear from anyone else that did have to go to the collection point.

Nail on the head there Jen. 

It's clear that tickets can only be collected after showing ssc card (or passport),I'm unsure if the second part is true.

Why has ATAC not publicly condemned the ssc for this blatant breach of their own rules which potentially has cost some thousands of pounds?

This isn't a dig at you btw,it's just that I asked the question here or on another thread and they never answered it  

ATAC – the Association of Tartan Army Clubs - generally does not conduct conversations on Forums, particularly those where the posters are anonymous. However, we have been following comments within this thread and others and felt it appropriate to respond.

ATAC is a voluntary umbrella group for a number of Scotland Supporters groups (Tartan Armies) throughout the country and beyond. Each member group elects a representative to ATAC who in turn elect a steering group, this is carried out annually. They do not and have never purported to represent all of the wider Scottish support, but do believe that the composition of its membership is broadly representative of all.

We have been reading comments re ATAC ‘hiding’, ‘cosying up’ ‘not wanting to lose its advantages’ etc. If anyone can tell us the advantages we would be delighted to know.

We are certainly not hiding, for those who are not aware - it’s probably helpful to explain what we are doing. We have to confess we are slightly hesitant in doing so, why? – this is a public forum, anyone can read this, including those from press and media – we can see the headlines already “Tartan Army Chiefs meet to discuss Strachan’s future” “Sack the SFA Board say Tartan Army Chiefs”…The use of ‘Chiefs’  is indicative of what is usually printed, not how we perceive ourselves. Anyone can be a Chief, want a turn? We are all Scotland supporters and like everyone we are hurting at the moment, however, with the next International dates not until March 2017, we have time to consult with the membership seek their views and opinions and determine what, if any, actions should be taken. It’s not for an individual or steering group to determine that, that is driven by consensus.

Some threads started by criticising how some people support the national team, others called for the manager to resign / be sacked. Others referred to the SFA Board and the Chief Executive. Threads developed over ticket issuing at Wembley then moved onto criticising ATAC

Our position is very straightforward. Through our member clubs we will seek to identify and sort out the ‘fact’ or ‘valid’ concerns / issues, we know that they are there. These will be taken to our next regular representatives meeting, which co-incidentally is in a couple of weeks. The representatives will discuss and agree next steps. If we require (and most certainly will) to take something to the SSC / SFA we will.

The SSC / SFA do not require to listen or meet with us, they do so as they appreciate that we have taken time to consider things and provide alternatives or solutions. The ‘relationship’ is one of courtesy, it’s no secret that it was not good for a time – when ATAC met with the SFA Commercial team and registered our disgust at the pricing policy for the last campaign, let’s just say we didn’t miss them with our comments. Notwithstanding that we have continued to meet and discuss with the SSC and SFA Security on matters affecting ‘the matchday experience’ everything from ticketing through security at matches home and away. Do we always get what we ask for – most certainly not – but we do find that a number of our suggestions and proposals are adopted.

Now, do you want to influence what we do? You are very welcome. Don’t take this the wrong way, but seldom will we act upon a posting on a messageboard from someone we do not know, just because a vociferous small number of people say “pitchforks outside Hampden at dawn – ATAC lead the attack” will we go away and arrange this – Any reasonably headed person should understand this position. What can you do? Well, ONE poster from here has taken the time to write, they have had the courtesy of a reply, please feel free to contact us. Or if you are so minded, attend any of the meetings of ATAC member clubs, where all sorts of things are discussed including your item, whatever it is.

Of course,if you want to raise it with Hampden directly, then you are perfectly entitled to do so, we can supply the appropriate extension number if you wish.

Please do not start posting questions here – there is a link to contact us on our website– as stated at the outset we generally do not conduct conversations on anonymous forums. And, we fully expect that every line or word will be dissected by some and thrown back at us, we are used to that. We would hope however that you appreciate the sentiment and intent. We are all at the end of the day just Scotland fans trying to support our team.

5 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Who is in charge of the atac? I wonder if it's been the same handful of people for the last 10 years.

I also have this picture in my head of them turning up to the meetings with the sfa in piper jackets and 2 foot feathers coming out of their Glengarry's

In which case that would be a completely incorrect picture.