Wembley Ticket Collection - Page 7 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley Ticket Collection

ATAC

9 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I had only been to the rearranged game in Monaco & got the Brazil game.  The guy next to me hadn't made any away games that campaign, but had a record of going to previous tournaments & previous qualifiers so got a ticket for all 3 games :ok:

Did you know the guy and know that to be the case or did he tell you it?

Its not something ive ever heard before and if it was the case I'd have expected it to have been pretty controversial at the time  

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, aaid said:

Its not something ive ever heard before and if it was the case I'd have expected it to have been pretty controversial at the time  

I can't vouch for Glasgowmancity's version but 100% one of our group got a ticket for the Brazil game and had never 'officially' attended a single away game while some of us had been going for years and had already attended games with tickets from STC missed out. In hindsight the Norway game was better but it did cause a few ruffles at the time (to be frank he very nearly got slapped for rubbing it into one of the guys who never got a ticket). Incidentally that supporter then dropped out of the STC right after France 98 so all he ever had was that one point gained from the Brazil game. (and still walks about with the France 98 keyring ;) )

It was assumed at the time that it was some sort of ballot but knowing this person its more likely he got his ticket by hook or crook. Something was definitely awry.

39 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

I can't vouch for Glasgowmancity's version but 100% one of our group got a ticket for the Brazil game and had never 'officially' attended a single away game while some of us had been going for years and had already attended games with tickets from STC missed out. In hindsight the Norway game was better but it did cause a few ruffles at the time (to be frank he very nearly got slapped for rubbing it into one of the guys who never got a ticket). Incidentally that supporter then dropped out of the STC right after France 98 so all he ever had was that one point gained from the Brazil game. (and still walks about with the France 98 keyring ;) )

It was assumed at the time that it was some sort of ballot but knowing this person its more likely he got his ticket by hook or crook. Something was definitely awry.

I don't think anybody got a point for the Brasil game. I'm pretty sure the point system was invented after that.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think anybody got a point for the Brasil game. I'm pretty sure the point system was invented after that.

To be honest i can't mind as i never got a ticket. ;) Maybe thats the reason why it seems to be more hit and miss though.

I spoke to Marjory before the World Cup and she was definitely giving tickets to the  people who had joined the  SSC  first i.e. the lower membership numbers . There was no points system then , we got no credit for attending the Italy World Cup .

Marjory was a lovely woman, she used to greet you in her official suit when you got to the ground and was frequently up and down the stand during the game . So she knew exactly what was going on in the crowd . Perhaps the SSC reps should have done a bit of that last Friday .

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I spoke to Marjory before the World Cup and she was definitely giving tickets to the  people who had joined the  SSC  first i.e. the lower membership numbers . There was no points system then , we got no credit for attending the Italy World Cup .

Marjory was a lovely woman, she used to greet you in her official suit when you got to the ground and was frequently up and down the stand during the game . So she knew exactly what was going on in the crowd . Perhaps the SSC reps should have done a bit of that last Friday .

Totally agree with that, she seemed to personally remember everyone.

On 11/21/2016 at 0:10 PM, TartanTon said:

When i think back now i really feel for our younger gen of fans, spending near 3 weeks at that particular WC was one of the best football experiences of my life and its hard to describe unless someone has been. Half of our fans have never even know what a tournament is like. Kind of hits it home when thought about like that.

Aye rub it in.

I'm 32, have been to 40+ away games and doubt i'll ever get to attend a major tournament for 2+ weeks watching us. 

17 hours ago, aaid said:

No, I never knew him, just got talking to him at the game.  I got the impression it was a kind of one off scenario where the STC (Marjory) knew his personal circumstances had changed for some reason that stopped him travelling for a couple of years :ok:

Edited by Glasgowmancity