Strachan remains - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, Mox said:

Bielsa confirmed as taking over Lille at the end of the season, so another one slips through the net.

Yes, because that would have been a realistic appointment given the salary the SFA could have paid him.  Plus his teams rely on players with technical ability being able to keep the ball.  The amount our players give the ball away and Bielsa's pressing game without the ball, the team would banjaxed after half an hour.

Is there anyone on here not happy when Strachan was appointed ? I don't know anyone who disagreed with the decision. There was even SOS Strachan banners to get him the job. Funny how things have turned out. At the time he was the only man for the job now most folk sem to think anyone can do better. I for one will not be getting optimistic with the next appointment. We just don't have the players;

5 hours ago, Doric said:

Is there anyone on here not happy when Strachan was appointed ? I don't know anyone who disagreed with the decision. There was even SOS Strachan banners to get him the job. Funny how things have turned out. At the time he was the only man for the job now most folk sem to think anyone can do better. I for one will not be getting optimistic with the next appointment. We just don't have the players;

Guys like you would be patting your neighbour on the back if he was hanging out of your Mrs.

8 hours ago, Doric said:

yes solely down to the players. tactics, formations, squad selections, ostracising players, inconsistent and contradictory reasons for players playing/being dropped, morale, backroom staff, scouting opposition - all these things got abolsutely notthing to do with it. Mental. 

10 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

I reckon he'd be a success as an international manager.

He led Greece to an impressive campaign including home and away defeats to the Faroe Islands. 

16 hours ago, Ormond said:

Guys like you would be patting your neighbour on the back if he was hanging out of your Mrs.

Remarks like that sums up everything that is wrong with TAMB these days.

23 hours ago, Doric said:

I didnt want him to be appointed as manager.