Strachan remains - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

19 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Never heard or read one objection on this board when  Strachan was appointed 

What's your point? I absolutely wanted him to get the job. But he has failed miserably. He should've been horsed after the Gib away game. The cheek of the cvnt to even toy with whether he FELT like staying on was astounding. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What's your point? I absolutely wanted him to get the job. But he has failed miserably. He should've been horsed after the Gib away game. The cheek of the cvnt to even toy with whether he FELT like staying on was astounding. 

I agree . I was only replying to the 2 previous posts to mine about Strachans appointment.  Think we all wanted him and now we all just want him to do one 

51 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Never heard or read one objection on this board when  Strachan was appointed 

You couldnt get a bunch of people to unanimously agree on anything, let alone this topic.

http://taboard.com/archive/index.php?showtopic=142435&page=24&#entry2313934

I didnt want Strachan to be manager, however when he was appointed, obviously I hoped he would do well. To think he was universally popular would be ridiculous.

On 23/02/2017 at 8:49 PM, Doric said:

I for one will not be getting optimistic with the next appointment. We just don't have the players;

But N Ireland and Rep Ireland do? We certainly don't have world beaters, but should be doing far better than we currently are, just like the Ireland's are with their average players.

On 2/24/2017 at 7:13 PM, Doric said:

Excellent. Will be the same hype with the next manager and six month later we will have the same witch hunt,

Gordon Strachan has been Scotland manager for over 4 years. Not six months. He's had ample chance to progress, to make us better, to achieve something. After a good start, with positive results and performances, it's clear we are regressing. We concede too many goals and don't score anywhere near enough. We're a very poor side who is weaker than the sum of our parts. 

There's no "witch hunt". there's a frustration and a realisation that the manager is failing badly. So stop being a drama queen and making false claims about "witch hunts". 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Gordon Strachan has been Scotland manager for over 4 years. Not six months. He's had ample chance to progress, to make us better, to achieve something. After a good start, with positive results and performances, it's clear we are regressing. We concede too many goals and don't score anywhere near enough. We're a very poor side who is weaker than the sum of our parts. 

There's no "witch hunt". there's a frustration and a realisation that the manager is failing badly. So stop being a drama queen and making false claims about "witch hunts". 

Very accurate

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Nailed it

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

And that's being generous to him. He didn't even have a good start. He lost his first 2 competitive games when we still had a chance of qualifying. Apart from getting two excellent results against Croatia (after we were already out), he has done the square root of fuk all.

Not all his fault, the players have been shit as well, but Strachans record is not any better than Levein, Burley or Vogts.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

And that's being generous to him. He didn't even have a good start. He lost his first 2 competitive games when we still had a chance of qualifying. Apart from getting two excellent results against Croatia (after we were already out), he has done the square root of fuk all.

Not all his fault, the players have been shit as well, but Strachans record is not any better than Levein, Burley or Vogts.

And so the trend will continue with the next manager and the next and the next. Untill we produce some defenders no manager will be able to do anything. That weakness spreads to the confidence of the whole team.

Edited by Doric

9 hours ago, Doric said:

And so the trend will continue with the next manager and the next and the next. Untill we produce some defenders no manager will be able to do anything. That weakness spreads to the confidence of the whole team.

I'll take the fact you've ignored what i said as an admission that you've no answer to any of it :ok: 

We got to the play-offs with Lee Wilkie and Steven Pressley at centre half. With Paul Dickov, Kenny Miller, Gavin Rae and Stevie Crawford in the team. But aye, all our players are shite now :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'll take the fact you've ignored what i said as an admission that you've no answer to any of it :ok: 

We got to the play-offs with Lee Wilkie and Steven Pressley at centre half. With Paul Dickov, Kenny Miller, Gavin Rae and Stevie Crawford in the team. But aye, all our players are shite now :rolleyes: 

Bit harsh on Kenny Miller including him in that list!?

Agree on the rest and fully agree that we are underachieving and being extremely poorly managed.

From an outside perspective, it seems Strachan just picks players on reputation and never takes current form into account. It reminds me of Trappatoni who was very bad for this and it cost us badly after the first two relatively successful qualifying campaigns (playoff finish and qualification the second time). It also looks like he doesn't have a plan B or will mix it up if the game is going against Scotland. Again Trappatoni was guilty of this too.

It definitely is time for him to go but that won't happen until the end of the campaign anyway. As of the fact that Scotland don't have the players, it's true up to the point that there's a limited pool of talent but looking at how ourselves, N.I. & Wales have done the last 3 years, Scotland certainly have the players to at least be on a par with us. There's very little to separate the 3 teams. So they definitely should be doing a lot better in a qualification group where the 3 challengers for second place are similar in quality.

Edited by irish

on Saturday after the Wales game(i know Rugby) J Davis said that every back in the Welsh team is better than the Scottish team but the coach has got the Scottish players playing together and as a team they are miles better.

This is something that GS has not been able to do as others have said just look at Iceland, ROI Northen Ireland and Wales.

None of them are better than us player for player but they play as a team GS can't do this and has the cheek to play the same team and formation then say how bad it is as his players are not good enough. We have given him plenty of time and he has failed time for him to go.

i would love for him to go and win the remaining games and we get to Russia but it won't happen he is to stubborn to change his own tactics and say HE got it wrong.  

On 28/02/2017 at 8:10 AM, Parklife said:

The defenders we have now are the weakest we have ever had. Wilkie and Pressley are world class compared to what we have now.

6 hours ago, Doric said:

The defenders we have now are the weakest we have ever had. Wilkie and Pressley are world class compared to what we have now.

if your credibility was hanging by a thread before, it has well and truly gone with that statement. You're either trolling or completely clueless; either way, best ignored. 

for anyone else interested, Wilkie had this unique ability to appear as if his ambition was to learn to rollerscate and play football at the same time. 

Guest allyc

I dont think we are underachieving.we are just shyte.one or two players of note but as a team we are terrible.not enough players getting game time or playing at a decent enough level collectively.would be arrogant to think otherwise.are we able to beat slovenia?maybe cos they are not up much either...but thats it.

Edited by allyc

On 2/28/2017 at 10:11 AM, ProudScot said:

Bit harsh on Kenny Miller including him in that list!?

Yeah, accepted. 

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

What a heap of pish you talk.

Correct. 

8 hours ago, allyc said:

I dont think we are underachieving.we are just shyte.one or two players of note but as a team we are terrible.not enough players getting game time or playing at a decent enough level collectively.would be arrogant to think otherwise.are we able to beat slovenia?maybe cos they are not up much either...but thats it.

I totally agree.

Lets not beat around the bush Strachan should have went a game or two ago now so don't misinterpret what I am saying.

Look through what players are available to us now and those that are playing at the highest level ie EPL, Bundesliga are no more than bit part players and those some have pinned big hopes on ie Griffiths isn't even in favour at Celtic. Centre of defence is a real big worry with no real stand out players available in that area. I don't see anything changing anytime in the next two to four years at present - regardless of how many new managers we try we still have the same personnel available.

And just to re-iterate Strachan should still have gone by now.

A home draw to Lithuania, a humping in Slovakia, another humping in England and a dodgy half in Malta before being helped hugely by a referee. Before that a defeat to a team ranked > 100 in the world and failing to kill off an abject Ireland team

Nah, not underachieving at all. :rolleyes: