Robbie Neilson to Dons? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Robbie Neilson to Dons?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

Surely a step down leaving the "big" team 

was hoping the tramp would stay he was doing an excellent job

'First post of yours I have ever agreed with. Disaster down but, I assume, with hope of a big step up.  He did a great job with us. Surpassed the target's he was given so good luck to him m 

1 hour ago, dipped flake said:

'First post of yours I have ever agreed with. Disaster down but, I assume, with hope of a big step up.  He did a great job with us. Surpassed the target's he was given so good luck to him m 

He was an integral part of Hibernian fc's Scottish cup victory last season, for that reason alone I will always be grateful.

Oh and he did bring comedy value as a player

Not many get capped for having a long throw

Probably been sold the pipe dream that the club is going places, because they consider themselves the big club in a large catchment area, with their flashy stadium that holds about 30k (yet play to crowds on 9k) and a state of the art training ground that they keep saying is going to happen (Robinson was constantly spouting his mouth off that its no way to run a club using a local high school as a training ground)

Been rumored for a while that Pete Winkleman has been losing interest as the club has not made the progress he hoped for in 2002, and its his son now effectively running the club (there has actually been a couple of rumors of late that Red Bull have been sniffing around with a view to take over the club, as they view the Premiership as the next big league to have their brand in).

Edited by wanderer

I know; he didn't seem to be blessed with much charisma when in front of the camera but that could have changed when in dressing room. I think it is safe to say the jury is out on his effectiveness as a coach based on i) it has only been a run with one club (now) in a decent financial position and ii) an experienced Director of Football perhaps influencing signings and team shape. but he may go on to do well with MK Dons. I hope so.

I hope Hearst get Cathro. That would make for quite an exciting prospect.

Edited by Return of Yermaw
a) and b) turn to emojis

3 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I hope Hearst get Cathro. That would make for quite an exciting prospect.

I think it was Jamie Fullarton on Sportsound last night along with Keith Jackson slaughtering Ian Cathro, saying he doesn't have the right character to coach first team players. I was quite surprised at the extent of the pelters he was getting from them.