Plane crash with a brazilian football team on board - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plane crash with a brazilian football team on board

6 minutes ago, Flure said:

There's a report surfacing asking why the competition organisers were making/encouraging the teams to use that particular airline.

South American football is corrupt as hell, it's a complete shambles run for short term gain.

Not sure how that ties in with your story, were the airline an unofficial sponsor? 

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

South American football is corrupt as hell, it's a complete shambles run for short term gain.

Not sure how that ties in with your story, were the airline an unofficial sponsor? 

Not sure.

Might be nothing in it.

Just something that I saw on Twitter in passing.

Id imagine that the Health and Safety executives in South America are nowhere near as stringent as they are in say Europe or the USA which is my first thought rather than anything untoward or suspicious.

Definitely a lot to come out of this though

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Id imagine that the Health and Safety executives in South America are nowhere near as stringent as they are in say Europe or the USA which is my first thought rather than anything untoward or suspicious.

Definitely a lot to come out of this though

"Europe" you say?

Thank goodness we're in a place where you can be sure that everyone is adopting the same safety standards.

20 minutes ago, Flure said:

"Europe" you say?

Thank goodness we're in a place where you can be sure that everyone is adopting the same safety standards.

I think you know what i am getting at

Whilst our Health and Safety standards with regards to airlines may not be flawless id imagine they are higher than say South America

As an aside i might be talking utter cack but as i said it was my initial "thoughts"

Edit - i was although it did used to be worse hence my incorrect conception

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/air-safety-in-south-america-colombia/

Edited by Ally Bongo

• 1 month later...

Just seen the video of Chapocoense first game since the crash. There's a video of it on the BBC Sport pages. 

The children of the team from the crash were presented with the trophy and medals from the final they were on there way to. Make sure you have your hankies at the ready,  emotionally charged doesn't quite cover it. 

Also,  have to say well done to the team they were meant to be playing in the final as they asked for the trophy to go to Chapocoense. Class move which deserves recognition. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Just seen the video of Chapocoense first game since the crash. There's a video of it on the BBC Sport pages. 

The children of the team from the crash were presented with the trophy and medals from the final they were on there way to. Make sure you have your hankies at the ready,  emotionally charged doesn't quite cover it. 

Also,  have to say well done to the team they were meant to be playing in the final as they asked for the trophy to go to Chapocoense. Class move which deserves recognition. 

:ok: