Who was it who thinks Kate Bush is amazing? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who was it who thinks Kate Bush is amazing?

Just curious but why would that 'tinge people's view of Kate Bush'. Can you offer a logical argument? Weird thread. 'Ohh look she admires TM what a tory khunt' is all I can make of it. Very progressive.

Edit: doubt you would have started this thread had it been Hillary she admired instead of TM. 

Edited by thplinth

I must confess that I'm always a bit disappointed when I discover that a celebrity that I like (whether it's a sports star, film star, or whatever) is a supporter of the Conservative party (or the Republicans, if they're American).

Obviously it doesn't stop me liking them, but I just prefer it if they happen to think the same way as I do.

My impression was it was more of 'woman' admiration thing than a tory admiration thing.

But even it was a tory love-in it seems odd now we having threads on famous people for merely saying they like a tory.

Flora and Charlie would top of my list for a virtual tamb pint and they are both raging tories. 

I find this shit all a bit McCarthyist. "Oh look a tooooory." Eh so what man.

7 hours ago, biffer said:

This might tinge their view a little

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38144908

Nope never liked her. Also can't stand the Rolling Stones, David Bowie and a large number of others that I wouldn't go to a pub for free to watch. Each to their own. I do like the Beatles but McCartney is an arsehole that nearly made me like heather mills ?

10 hours ago, Nobby said:

Nope never liked her. Also can't stand the Rolling Stones, David Bowie and a large number of others that I wouldn't go to a pub for free to watch. Each to their own. I do like the Beatles but McCartney is an arsehole that nearly made me like heather mills ?

Agree with most of that Nobby - But BOWIE FFS, an absolute Icon :headbang:

Never liked her music either at the time but watched the documentary on her not so long ago and had to agree she was unique and very creative. She really put herself out there as an artist, very brave in a way and then suddenly it seems could not do it anymore and withdrew. 

12 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Agree with most of that Nobby - But BOWIE FFS, an absolute Icon :headbang:

I've tried honest but no not for me . If you want real fear I got a text this afternoon the girlfriend got two tickets for the x-factor final on Saturday ? and wanted me to go. Luckily I've got my family over for dinner so I was gutted, and she's taking one of her friends instead ?

Edit - I printed them off for her, you should see the conditions ! Dress to impress or you won't get in and yes they're free so we've issued more than we've got seats for so get here early. Feck that for a game of soldiers 

Edited by Nobby

12 hours ago, Nobby said:

I've tried honest but no not for me . If you want real fear I got a text this afternoon the girlfriend got two tickets for the x-factor final on Saturday ? and wanted me to go. Luckily I've got my family over for dinner so I was gutted, and she's taking one of her friends instead ?

Edit - I printed them off for her, you should see the conditions ! Dress to impress or you won't get in and yes they're free so we've issued more than we've got seats for so get here early. Feck that for a game of soldiers 

:lol:

12 hours ago, Nobby said:

I bet if Honey G was still in it you would be in the front row !!! 

The answer to the original question i believe is Andy North Croy, the board comedian way back in 2003ish, famously remembered for the Chalfont St Peter incursion.

I thought ANC was more a Bjork-in-the-hand-is-worth-two-in-the-Bush kind of bloke. Jonny was a big fan (another loss to the board there). I rate her too, with some reservations ('Wuthering Heights' is unlistenable). Hounds of Love is a classic album, and there aren't many of those around. 

On 01/12/2016 at 11:02 AM, wellyman said:

I bet if Honey G was still in it you would be in the front row !!! 

Trust me my feckwit girlfriend is currently in a chair waiting in line to get in. I've  got a leg of lamb in the oven and some nice red wine, even honey g couldn't tempt me ! although she does hail from the best part of London ;-) 

Edited by Nobby

3 hours ago, Nobby said:

Trust me my feckwit girlfriend is currently in a chair waiting in line to get in. I've  got a leg of lamb in the oven and some nice red wine, even honey g couldn't tempt me ! although she does hail from the best part of London ;-) 

Dump the girlfriend and stick with the wine and lamb , enjoy !!!!