Performance Director - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Performance Director

Alan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

What's the big problem with Mackay? Don't know too much but I thought he had been identified as a very promising young manager until that carry on at Cardiff 

Yeah I don't see the issue.

Having said that id probably rather someone in the Cathro mould. 

26 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

What's the big problem with Mackay? Don't know too much but I thought he had been identified as a very promising young manager until that carry on at Cardiff 

His racist, sexist, anti-Semitic behaviour makes him completely unsuitable to work with children and young people. 

22 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

He will be working with Schools/Youth Groups , boys teams etc..  

should we have someone who calls Asians ' FKN Chinkies',  dogs, makes anti semetic texts, racist texts, should we employ someone who wants to jump on a journalists 'falsies'? Someone who has a problem with' not many white players being signed' ? etc etc 

No Club in England is touching him due to his attitude and past, i think he is the wrong guy, If Gordon Smith gets sacked for his 'pope' joke , then this smacks of double standards. 

If he signs up it is old boys network , and he might well bring on Kris Boyd with his enlightened views as his assistant.

Scotland is better than MacKay.  Please go for someone else....

31 minutes ago, stocky said:

should we have someone who calls Asians ' FKN Chinkies',  dogs, makes anti semetic texts, racist texts, should we employ someone who wants to jump on a journalists 'falsies'? Someone who has a problem with' not many white players being signed' ? etc etc 

No Club in England is touching him due to his attitude and past, i think he is the wrong guy, If Gordon Smith gets sacked for his 'pope' joke , then this smacks of double standards. 

If he signs up it is old boys network , and he might well bring on Kris Boyd with his enlightened views as his assistant.

Didn't realise it ran as deep as that. My recollection was he made a stereotype comment about Jewish people being mad about money and being called anti semetic for it which is a tad harsh. Didn't know about the other stufg

If the SFA hire him, can they do themselves for bringing the game into disrepute. It would be scandalous if he was being considered, let alone appointed.

Surely a sign that the SFA have just decided to troll the game in Scotland, there cant be any other reasoning behind h

THE DAMNING MESSAGES 

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square)

Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

4 hours ago, stocky said:

No club in England is touching him?  Eh, from what I have just read in both The Sun and Record, he is Rotherham's main contender for that job.

So Mr Regan has lost out on MacPhee to Hearts and may lose out on Mackay to Rotherham.

Next in line in Tommy Wilson if Mackay does indeed get Rotherham job.

What happened with the Celtic guy that was getting touted, someone on here wanted him back at Hibs?

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

No club in England is touching him?  Eh, from what I have just read in both The Sun and Record, he is Rotherham's main contender for that job.

So Mr Regan has lost out on MacPhee to Hearts and may lose out on Mackay to Rotherham.

Next in line in Tommy Wilson if Mackay does indeed get Rotherham job.

What happened with the Celtic guy that was getting touted, someone on here wanted him back at Hibs?

Using the Sun and Record as a font of knowledge probably proves my point ...... 

has everyone else not told Rotherham to bugger off as they are in a mess.  Perhaps Malky and Rotherham are well suited......

I hope he goes to Rotherham, keep him out of Scotland.

MacPhee looks a loss tho,   to intelligent for the SFA bigwigs ...  

15 hours ago, allyc said:

Maybe this could be the long-awaited replacement for doh-a-deer? Next time Strachan does something incomprehensibly daft like have James Forrest on the park the fans could give it:

Oh no, no no Gordo

No no Gordo

You're a FKIN DIMWIT...

Assuming there'll be enough to form a choir of course.

12 hours ago, Shaun said:

John Park? not sure what he is up to, think he is a scout, people often got mixed up as there were 2 john parks at hibs whilst he was there (the other being a coach). 

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Maybe this could be the long-awaited replacement for doh-a-deer? Next time Strachan does something incomprehensibly daft like have James Forrest on the park the fans could give it:

Oh no, no no Gordo

No no Gordo

You're a FKIN DIMWIT...

Assuming there'll be enough to form a choir of course.

But James Forrest is brilliant just like Barry Bannan you know nothing about football :spin: 

4 hours ago, stocky said:

Using the Sun and Record as a font of knowledge probably proves my point ...... 

has everyone else not told Rotherham to bugger off as they are in a mess.  Perhaps Malky and Rotherham are well suited......

I hope he goes to Rotherham, keep him out of Scotland.

MacPhee looks a loss tho,   to intelligent for the SFA bigwigs ...  

The more important point here is that we're considering the position of Director of Football to the potential manager of Rotherham?

That's a San Marino-type appointment.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:01 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

53 BB between 75 and 81 year below Proclaimers

I've just worked out who you are.

I'd be hard put to think of any other Jambos from my time at Bell Baxter, although I was more into rugby then. As you say most from your neck of the woods were either Dundee or Dundee Utd. fans. Obviously plenty OF types from all over too, as well as some Raith. And Craig & Charlie Reid were Hibs fans apparently, although I cant say as I ever heard them talk about football when we were at school.

Edited by Pool Q

4 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I've just worked out who you are.

I'd be hard put to think of any other Jambos from my time at Bell Baxter, although I was more into rugby then. As you say most from your neck of the woods were either Dundee or Dundee Utd. fans. Obviously plenty OF types from all over too, as well as some Raith. And Craig & Charlie Reid were Hibs fans apparently, although I cant say as I ever heard them talk about football when we were at school.

You've just worked out who I am? Grant H from Newport. I assume we were  at BB together?

On 6 December 2016 at 7:24 PM, stocky said:

I get your point entirely about Mackay's character being suspect but on your first point about working with youth teams etc., I think you're partially wrong.

While the role of performance director is primarily focused at elite player development I'd be amazed if the performance director is doing much, if indeed any, hands on coaching.

Brian McClair was hired to do two things, firstly, to come up with a comprehensive plan to restructure youth development and secondly to implement that plan.

Implementing that plan would fall into two main areas, firstly building and managing a team of coaches throughout Scotland To work in regional performance centres with young players and secondly, working with and influencing stakeholders - in this case the senior clubs - to buy into the SFA's plan and to support it in their own youth development.

As I understand it resigned/was sacked because while, I imagine in his previous role as head of youth development at Man Utd., he had loads of experience in doing the former, he felt/it was felt that he didn't have the skill set for the latter.

I'm not saying Malky Mackay is necessarily the right man for the job but it's pretty clear to me it that on top of the footballing expertise it needs to someone who either already has a certain level of gravitas or has very good personal influencing skills.

On 6 December 2016 at 7:24 PM, stocky said:

Scotland as a nation of course is much better than Malky Mackay...of course but the SFA in no way represent the nation of Scotland!!!! It's a lowland & primarily Glasgow run organisation that have been soundly beaten yet again by a big Edinburgh sporting institution in losing out to hearts with Austin macphee. The SFA in recent years have a track record of complete, total & utter failure with each and every decision they have made. The current incumbent catastrophically failing management team (Burger Kings in Georgia all round-expert sports science) are testament to that & the fact they can't even afford to pay them off to even make a meagre attempt to qualify for the next World Cup proves this. 

Do the Scottish football team represent this proud, incredibly beautiful, romantic and creative,inventive nation in the sporting arena?HELL NO. The Scottish Rugby team do that very successfully alongside a certain chap called Andrew Murray.

Why You may ask? Well the rugby team and Murray are winners & in my well travelled experience Scotland is a nation which is very clearly in the winning bracket & is in fact the envy of many other nations for its sheer beauty with a truly world class capital city in Edinburgh;the jewel in the lion rampant crown.