Performance Director - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Performance Director

Alan

16 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Scotland as a nation of course is much better than Malky Mackay...of course but the SFA in no way represent the nation of Scotland!!!! It's a lowland & primarily Glasgow run organisation that have been soundly beaten yet again by a big Edinburgh sporting institution in losing out to hearts with Austin macphee. The SFA in recent years have a track record of complete, total & utter failure with each and every decision they have made. The current incumbent catastrophically failing management team (Burger Kings in Georgia all round-expert sports science) are testament to that & the fact they can't even afford to pay them off to even make a meagre attempt to qualify for the next World Cup proves this. 

Do the Scottish football team represent this proud, incredibly beautiful, romantic and creative,inventive nation in the sporting arena?HELL NO. The Scottish Rugby team do that very successfully alongside a certain chap called Andrew Murray.

Why You may ask? Well the rugby team and Murray are winners & in my well travelled experience Scotland is a nation which is very clearly in the winning bracket & is in fact the envy of many other nations for its sheer beauty with a truly world class capital city in Edinburgh;the jewel in the lion rampant crown.

Agree with most of that but the Rugby part is up for debate.Are they representative of Scotland when almost half the squad are from overseas?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Scotland as a nation of course is much better than Malky Mackay...of course but the SFA in no way represent the nation of Scotland!!!! It's a lowland & primarily Glasgow run organisation that have been soundly beaten yet again by a big Edinburgh sporting institution in losing out to hearts with Austin macphee. The SFA in recent years have a track record of complete, total & utter failure with each and every decision they have made. The current incumbent catastrophically failing management team (Burger Kings in Georgia all round-expert sports science) are testament to that & the fact they can't even afford to pay them off to even make a meagre attempt to qualify for the next World Cup proves this. 

Do the Scottish football team represent this proud, incredibly beautiful, romantic and creative,inventive nation in the sporting arena?HELL NO. The Scottish Rugby team do that very successfully alongside a certain chap called Andrew Murray.

Why You may ask? Well the rugby team and Murray are winners & in my well travelled experience Scotland is a nation which is very clearly in the winning bracket & is in fact the envy of many other nations for its sheer beauty with a truly world class capital city in Edinburgh;the jewel in the lion rampant crown.

the SFA are rotten to the core but waffling on about "winners" (re the Scottish rugby team - there is a difference between being a "winner" and wanting to win) and shoe-horning in guff about Edinburgh is probably not the solution. 

6 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

the SFA are rotten to the core but waffling on about "winners" (re the Scottish rugby team - there is a difference between being a "winner" and wanting to win) and shoe-horning in guff about Edinburgh is probably not the solution. 

This totally.  Sick of these rugby comparisons.  Pisses me right off. How can comparisons be made when there's only like 6 countries play it!

15 hours ago, todd said:

This totally.  Sick of these rugby comparisons.  Pisses me right off. How can comparisons be made when there's only like 6 countries play it!

The amount of countries taking part is irrelevant, the Scottish rugby team give everything everytime they play. There's no excuses given prior to the match in case they lose, they don't come off the park thinking they could have done more and they don't have a manager who's arrogance is destroying the support.

i can't wait for the six nations which is a lot more than I can say about the next World Cup qualifier.

On 10/12/2016 at 6:00 PM, todd said:

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

Thats like total pish.

It's a quite staggering world class level of pishness one rarely sees these days. 

Todd displays an exceptional ignorant buffoon quotient here. 

14 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Putting to one side the texts he sent, what qualifications does he have for the job?

To give him his due he has a decent record as a manager, but this is a very different kind of role.

Given the SFA's performance and track record of appointments, Malky Mackay probably only just pipped Barry Bennell to the role.

I don't have a problem with it being Mackay if it is him. Yep, there's a lot of things in those texts that are reprehensible, but if anything's going to teach you that that kind of thing is unacceptable, it's the public shaming that he's had for the last few years. It is possible to stop being racist and to stop being sexist, and we, as a society, need to give people the opportunity to be different people than they once were.

As for the job, he seems to have been a really good manager (setting Wigan aside for obvious reasons). So he knows football well enough. It's worth noting that this isn't a coaching role tho. He's not going to be on the pitch with kids putting them thru their paces. Recall when McClair left the job, it was exactly because it's not that type of role. It's mostly an administrative and liaising position. He'll spend his time travelling around clubs, trying to sell them on better ways of doing things. For that, given his successful record as a manger, he's probably pretty well suited. He has the backing of the managers of Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen already, so that can only help him.

He no doubt wants an opportunity to rehabilitate himself in the football world, and we want someone who knows wtf they're doing. We could certainly do worse.

Absolutely ridiculous decision if true. 

As an Asian lesbian, I'm offended by the SFAs absolute stupidity. Unless you're a straight white guy, MM probably isn't terribly keen.

Aside from him being a reprehensible arsehole, I don't see what qualifications or experience he has that's relevant. 

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

The SFA condones racism and misogyny.

They'll not be getting a penny of my cash for the foreseeable future.  

Myself also. I've already cancelled my trip back for the England home game. I've thrown way too much at the SFA for a long time. Something needs to be done and if it means we vote with our money then so be it. 

10 hours ago, andyD said:

I don't have a problem with it being Mackay if it is him. Yep, there's a lot of things in those texts that are reprehensible, but if anything's going to teach you that that kind of thing is unacceptable, it's the public shaming that he's had for the last few years. It is possible to stop being racist and to stop being sexist, and we, as a society, need to give people the opportunity to be different people than they once were.

All of it was reprehensible. As for the "public shaming", my heart bleeds for him :rolleyes:

Would you be happy if a teacher or police officer expressed such sentiments ? 

Let's refresh our memory of them again, courtesy of kumnio on the previous page:

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square)

Completely unacceptable. We shouldn't be employing this detestable cünt at all.

Excellent news as it finally confirms the SFA are definitely trolling the supporters.

My biggest issue with MacKay getting this job is that he is a footballing dinosaur, another from the Largs school of incompetence that the SFA are desperate to shoe horn into National roles.

His questionable texting affairs at Cardiff simply emphasises why he is unsuitable for the role.

So fed up of everything national team related at the moment that I can't say it bothers me much as I barely care at all.

Most surprising thing about the appointment is we have been operating without a performance director since July - Show's how the role was prioritised in importance and where the SFA value having someone in place to develop youth etc.

Why we are not appointing Jesus or Daniel O'Donnell to this role, I do not know. 

Anyway, it has probably dawned on the SFA that the post was in danger of becoming a revolving door, so they've picked someone who would struggle to gain higher-profile, better-paid employment elsewhere. Similar reasons, I'd imagine, to why Romanov hired Rix.