Manuel RIP - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 hours ago, euan2020 said:

shame - 

Russell Brand is still a fat fanny 

Russell Brand might be a lot of things but fat is definitely not one of them!!

Good innings from Andrew Sachs, thoughts with the family etc.

Is it insensitive to say Fawlty Towers is one of the most over rated comedies ever?

40 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Is it insensitive to say Fawlty Towers is one of the most over rated comedies ever?

I think that is part of the reason why he is such a fanny - he was a real fat youth back in the day

https://www.google.com/search?q=russell+brand+fat&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=672&site=webhp&tbm=isch&imgil=LslT5IbQLI7WcM%3A%3Bqfwv4XCn2oEtOM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com%252F55844840.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=LslT5IbQLI7WcM%3A%2Cqfwv4XCn2oEtOM%2C_&usg=__HMbrluaqTsqLPipbRecVa9e48mE%3D&ved=0ahUKEwi_htiartXQAhUL5IMKHRglAa4QyjcINA&ei=AVVBWP-BHovIjwSYyoTwCg

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Andrew Sachs always came accross as a nice humble guy. I never really got into Fawlty Towers, tbh I struggle to laugh at any of it but I can mind watching it with my Dad and he would near piss himself laughing every week, mibbe its just of its time

15 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

Andrew Sachs always came accross as a nice humble guy. I never really got into Fawlty Towers, tbh I struggle to laugh at any of it but I can mind watching it with my Dad and he would near piss himself laughing every week, mibbe its just of its time

I believe you lack an important part of your brain if you don't find anything in Fawlty Towers funny.

54 minutes ago, biffer said:

I believe you lack an important part of your brain if you don't find anything in Fawlty Towers funny.

You're probably lacking an important part of your brain yourself if you dont have the capacity to realise that people have different tastes.

I recall he did a wee Sunday BBC programme years ago about Spain and learning Spanish which was very good

He would occasionally break into Manuel

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The first series isn't as good as the second one, most of the classics are in there.  The reason according to John Cleese was that after the first series was broadcast people who had worked in hotels would come up to him and tell him about some of the situations they'd had to deal with like having to get rid of a rat in the kitchen or a corpse in a bedroom...