Humza Useless - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

45 minutes ago, Alan said:

Perfect example of how private education gives you confidence but not any real smarts.

28 minutes ago, Tartan_Don said:

This ?

So ... One of the top briefs from Scullion Law was on Radio Scotland after Glen Campbell's un fvcking believable interview with Humza Yousef for it's anti SNP partisanship

He stated that this misdemenour was very common with today's insurance policies because of how people chop and change insurers looking for the cheapest deal.

Also whilst comprehensive insurance used to mean you could drive anyone elses car with the owner's consent it doesnt nowadays and you have to check the fine print

It certainly stopped Hayley Miller in her tracks - he also said more or less he would get Humza off with it because of the evidence at hand

So - you are saying out of the thousands that get unwittingly caught it's all down to private education ?

I've never understood why motor insurance is tied to the vehicle and isn't a form of personal liability insurance.  I can understand that certain cars due to their performance and value carry a premium but I would have thought the risk lies more with the driver rather than the vehicle.

4 minutes ago, Big Col said:

love how he tries to deflect with he wasn't speeding, nothing wrong with the car, honest mistake, bollocks.

His insurance policy was fully comprehensive

Since i have been driving (28 years) and always fully comp i always assumed fully comprehensive allowed you to drive someone elses car with the owner's consent

Seemingly it doesnt always mean that

So his mistake wasnt honest ?

15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

His insurance policy was fully comprehensive

Since i have been driving (28 years) and always fully comp i always assumed fully comprehensive allowed you to drive someone elses car with the owner's consent

Seemingly it doesnt always mean that

So his mistake wasnt honest ?

Fully comp only covers the main policy holder to drive other cars.

is wife is the main policy holder according to the article.

11 hours ago, Big Col said:

love how he tries to deflect with he wasn't speeding, nothing wrong with the car, honest mistake, bollocks.

^^^^

A man with his education (Hutchy and Glasgow Uni) is more than capable of reading a certificate of insurance - and as Baz points out he wasn't even the policyholder. 

To claim it was a "genuine mistake" is horseshit. He has committed a serious offence and given his position he should do the decent thing and resign.

10 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

^^^^

A man with his education (Hutchy and Glasgow Uni) is more than capable of reading a certificate of insurance - and as Baz points out he wasn't even the policyholder. 

To claim it was a "genuine mistake" is horseshit. He has committed a serious offence and given his position he should do the decent thing and resign.

Like anybody actually reads their insurance details. You just pick the cheapest deal from your comparison site.

If he was pulling some insurance scam surely to he'd go for something more impressive than saving a few quid so he can share the driving with his mate.

Disbanding the Scottish Parliament is the best way to prevent this ever happening again.

13 minutes ago, deecie said:

Like anybody actually reads their insurance details. You just pick the cheapest deal from your comparison site.

If he was pulling some insurance scam surely to he'd go for something more impressive than saving a few quid so he can share the driving with his mate.

Disbanding the Scottish Parliament is the best way to prevent this ever happening again.

Any responsible person would.

19 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

Any responsible person would.

Total bollox. Many responsible people dont  have time to scrutinise every page of every insurance document they hold. They are too busy holding responsible positions. 

My friend was done for driving without insurance. She drove her husbands car which she was a named driver on , he  hadnt renewed the policy,  he thought it was an automatic renewal. He is a detective inspector. I suppose he should resign too. 

No need to scrutinise every page - a quick read of the certificate of motor insurance would have told Yousaf he wasn't insured to drive vehicles not belonging to him.

Not sure what your friend has to do with this, but it wasn't her husband that was caught driving without insurance.

Edited by Regenmann

looks like theres a lot of folk out there who 'assume' they've got insurance and 'assume' they're covered to drive other folks cars without actually checking.

It annoys me because I've always had the proper insurance cover and I've paid a fortune over the years for the privilege.

IIRC insurance used to work on the basis that if you were the policyholder you were also covered to drive other vehicles but you were only covered for the minimum road traffic act requirements - i.e the borrowed vehicle you were driving was basically covered for third party risks only, no comprehensive damage cover and none of the frills.  In short, just enough to keep you legal.  I certainly would not lend my car to anyone to drive on that basis.  I have named drivers on my policy, well one named driver, and nobody else ever gets to drive it.

This is a pretty minor story, and were it any non-SNP politician I doubt there would have been a ten minute report on the main news.  Double standards being applied to try to continue the witch hunt that started with Scotrail.  So he is the transport minister?  So what?  

9 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

I iNo need to scrutinise every page - a quick read of the certificate of motor insurance would have told Yousaf he wasn't insured to drive vehicles not belonging to him.

Not sure what your friend has to do with this, but it wasn't her husband that was caught driving without insurance.

I used my friend as an example as her husband was in a posiition of responsibilty and whether he was driving or not he failed to renew his insurance . Things can be overlooked,  it does not make you an irresponsible person.  It was more through luck than judgement that he wasnt caught. But of course you know this. 

10 minutes ago, Alibi said:

IIRC insurance used to work on the basis that if you were the policyholder you were also covered to drive other vehicles but you were only covered for the minimum road traffic act requirements - i.e the borrowed vehicle you were driving was basically covered for third party risks only, no comprehensive damage cover and none of the frills.  In short, just enough to keep you legal.  I certainly would not lend my car to anyone to drive on that basis.  I have named drivers on my policy, well one named driver, and nobody else ever gets to drive it.

Yes, it would almost always be 3rd party only.

A lot of people don't seem to realise this.

Otherwise I doubt they'd let someone drive their car, worth thousands of pounds with no insurance against the car itself.

I presume it's a "benefit" that used to be standard, but has been taken off to make it slightly cheaper.

I always took it as being an emergency option anyway.

Not quite the same, but I'm sure loads of folk travel abroad with inadequate travel insurance, or not knowing it won't cover them.

Is there not a saying like "Assumption is the mother of all fcuk ups"?

I doubt this guy has knowingly done this, ignorance, while not a great excuse is the most likely cause.

Edited by sbcmfc