Four minutes and IRA songs - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Four minutes and IRA songs

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

That's nonsense. We are meant to live in a civilised country. 

There's nothing civil about glorifying murder. 

Never claimed there was. Just don't see the point in getting upset or offended over certain songs that don't really mean anything in 2016. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Never claimed there was. Just don't see the point in getting upset or offended over certain songs that don't really mean anything in 2016. 

We definitely should keep getting upset and offended. I believe we are beginning to eradicate this pish from society because people are speaking out. Sadly hell of a long way to go tho.

Edited by Och Aye

3 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

We definitely should keep getting upset and offended. I believe we are beginning to eradicate this pish from society because people are speaking out. Sadly hell of a long way to go tho.

Are we? By stopping people singling it as a football match? Hmm not sure. 

Agree to disagree on being upset or offended. 

24 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Are we? By stopping people singling it as a football match? Hmm not sure. 

Agree to disagree on being upset or offended. 

Bigoted songs at football matches are not as prominent as they were in the 70s, 80s, 90s thankfully and in Lanarkshire and the West of Scotland I'd say football does have quite an effect on society's attitudes/behaviour. Yes a bit mental I know. 

12 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

OLAS get a life :lol:

IRA(the old one), IRA 2.0( the provies) and even IRA 3.0( the C and R loners with no life)are history and folklore. Just like William Wallace, spanish civil war republican resistance, french resistance, titos partisan army, ANCs militant wing etc.etc.etc. past and subject for songs, books and movies.

Theres other more imminent problems in 2016.

Enjoy the fantastic football we play on our way to 6 iar and 10. Could be a treeble season. 

PGB, that German is fair coming out of you! :lol:

On 10/12/2016 at 9:27 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

So you'll be OK with the songs sung by the neanderthal element of the Rangers support then? 

Stupid viewpoint which will let the scum element start to grow back. 

Only a zero tolerance attitude can stamp out the problem. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you'll be OK with the songs sung by the neanderthal element of the Rangers support then? 

Not at all. Obviously I'd rather these songs weren't a part of our society but personally I don't find them offensive. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

"Forget the past, I can your game's ills", Stewart Regan, Chief Executive of the Scottish Football Association, July 2010

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/stewart-regan-forget-the-past-and-i-can-cure-your-game-s-ills-1-819139

Neil Doncaster has been with the SPFL (nee SPL) since 2009.

If that pair saw it as a problem they would have done something about it by now. 

18 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Maybe Nicola sturgeon could have asked her new pal Martin McGuiness when she met him the other week if he could have a word with the Celtic fans 

You do know that she is nowhere near as pally with MM as Jeremy Corbyn, Peter Robinson, the late Ian Paisley, the late Mo Mowlam acting for Tony Blair, David Cameron, George Osborne and numerous other defenders of the Union ?

I dare say thats something British Nationalists in Scotland forget in their diatribe against Nicola

21 hours ago, Ormond said:

PGB, that German is fair coming out of you! :lol:

So you think iam an ex user named PGB? Thats what you mean? Well Iam not. I am from Cologne/Germany and was born here. I take it my english is pretty good then? Think what you like but I wont respond to any provocations just because I am one of the remaining handful of Celts on here who have not fled this board yet.

10 minutes ago, Batzek-osemba said:

So you think iam an ex user named PGB? Thats what you mean? Well Iam not. I am from Cologne/Germany and was born here. I take it my english is pretty good then? Think what you like but I wont respond to any provocations just because I am one of the remaining handful of Celts on here who have not fled this board yet.

:lol:

34 minutes ago, Batzek-osemba said:

When it becomes an Aberdeen board on here they will all be happy mate.  Join the FB one.  It's regulated, good conversation and no bile against decent posters.  You must get fed up of being branded a bigot.  Fantastic when you read about the songs sung by supporters of the Dons against old firm.  Ibrox disaster, Tommy Burns etc.  But hey dont let facts bother you ma friend.  It doesnt bother them.  Sad.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

These poor Celtic fans who have fled the board, TAMBs very own refugees. What time is the candle lit vigil?

Most of the Rangers fans on here have become a very precious bunch. 

Aye we are.  And the very few on here now have never mentioned a bigoted word on here.  And if they did should be banned.  But it's ok for fans of other teams to be bigoted to OF?  Sorry, I forgot, Rangers no longer live.  Must delete the league table as it must lie.  Hatred will never win but mods need to realise good people have left here because of the zealous hatred by Aberdeen fans on here.  They are are just as bad as the bigots but get away with it.

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

These poor Celtic fans who have fled the board, TAMBs very own refugees. What time is the candle lit vigil?

Most of the Rangers fans on here have become a very precious bunch. 

Would be better if they came back and you sheep fked off. 

No they aren't, they just don't put up with your shite anymore.

52 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Correct.  Don't even know why you or me bother.  Maybe the hope that we are scotland fans?  First time I felt the hatred was at Nigeria game at Pittodrie and Aberdeen fans singing about Ian Durrant.  If people on here think that is acceptable.  Then they are not Scotland fans.  Mods should be better at this.  In my travels as when I was going over world following country I could bump in to people with club colours on.  But dare wear a rangers or celtic top!!  My god that would be criminal.  Not that I would ever dream of doing it.  But fans of other clubs did/do.  Dons fans think they are the new Scotland fans.  Time OF fans stood together.  Davie Cooper and Tommy Burns.  Pals.  No bigotry there or ever was.

4 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

Is it that you've been reading the board as a guest for a long time before you registered? So that's how you know of a plethora of Celts who have fled the board?

On 9 December 2016 at 10:32 PM, Doric said:

Free for all now on both sides. How dare SNP try and stop the secterian problem. BAD BAD BAD SNP . Vote for the Unionist partys and they will ensure that the great Scottish tradition of bigotry will stay.

Proscribing certain songs does heehaw. Let folk sing what they want to sing.

2 hours ago, Fermer said:

Aye we are.  And the very few on here now have never mentioned a bigoted word on here.  And if they did should be banned.  But it's ok for fans of other teams to be bigoted to OF?  Sorry, I forgot, Rangers no longer live.  Must delete the league table as it must lie.  Hatred will never win but mods need to realise good people have left here because of the zealous hatred by Aberdeen fans on here.  They are are just as bad as the bigots but get away with it.

Give me examples of fans being bigoted to OF? Whatever the feck that means.

can you give me examples of this zealous hatred my fellow sheep or perhaps I have shown towards these poor Rangers fans? I'm sure you must have plenty.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

My shite? 

Oh please do elaborate, this should be fecking hilarious

You think what you want to think my friend.  I know what I read on here.  And so do many good friends of mine of all different clubs who are fed up of the hatred by aberdeen towards Rangers and secondly celtic.  There is no need for it.  Banter is great and what board should be about.  But carry on.