Aberdeen complain to spfl - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen complain to spfl

Aberdeen FC quite happily signed up to a TV deal that pisses all over the dwindling number of fans that want to actually go to Scottish football games.

They've got a hard neck turning round and blaming the TV companies for scheduling our games at shit o'clock on a Sunday morning.

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

Aberdeen FC quite happily signed up to a TV deal that pisses all over the dwindling number of fans that want to actually go to Scottish football games.

They've got a hard neck turning round and blaming the TV companies for scheduling our games at shit o'clock on a Sunday morning.

This. They also turned down the chance to review the voting rights which could possibly have helped massively in the way that the tv deal is struck

So they've complained about something they admit in the end is not possible.

They had chance when Rangers weren't around to change all this, but saw short term £££ signs. 

Hope they get all that way, and Killie call it off ?

Edited by Debian

6 hours ago, Rossy said:

Agreed. The clubs need to actually grow some balls if they aren't happy with this. Seems like lip service to me though - and I mean all the clubs, they are great at voicing their displeasure but shite when it comes to doing anything about it.

I suppose you are all right. I see it as a piss take to my team,but it's not really. 

Its shitting in everyone from a great height season in,season out. 

I just see it from our point of view. 

No point complaining though,it won't change a thing. 

Edited by dandydunn

I was in agreement with Aberdeen until I read a passage of their statement, they sound like minihuns.

"The considerable Aberdeen away support, which is an important source of revenue to many clubs, find themselves in a position where train services on that date from Aberdeen will not enable supporters to get to Kilmarnock on time and the likely impact on the attendance will be considerable," said the club in a statement.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I was in agreement with Aberdeen until I read a passage of their statement, they sound like minihuns.

"The considerable Aberdeen away support, which is an important source of revenue to many clubs, find themselves in a position where train services on that date from Aberdeen will not enable supporters to get to Kilmarnock on time and the likely impact on the attendance will be considerable," said the club in a statement.

It's a fact though. 

We'll often take 10 x what other clubs will take to us and it helps everyone out. 

Its not seeing everyone else as a charity case,it's just the way it is. 

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It's a fact though. 

We'll often take 10 x what other clubs will take to us and it helps everyone out. 

Its not seeing everyone else as a charity case,it's just the way it is. 

As far as i am aware, a large chunk  Aberdeen away fans dont actually travel from Aberdeen.

They are Central Belt Based,  

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I suppose you are all right. I see it as a piss take to my team,but it's not really. 

Its shitting in everyone from a great height season in,season out. 

I just see it from our point of view. 

No point complaining though,it won't change a thing. 

And you are absolutely correct t too. It is a piss take but it's something the clubs have accepted.

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

God bless the red pound 

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

Indeed. Embarrassing. 

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Rossy said:

Agreed. Dry their eyes. 

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 5:33 PM, kumnio said:

Aberdeen haven't taken much more than 1000 to RP in about a decade. I doubt it'll impact the crowd that much.