£15,000 Poppy Fine - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£15,000 Poppy Fine

DoonTheSlope

Just now, Parklife said:

Just to help you out, i just made one on his abusive post above. :) 

Thank you for your report.

That post had already been pointed out to us and action had been taken.

It's with the co-operation of decent, level-headed, fair and polite members like yourself that we can strive to maintain the high standards of the board.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Yet thousands of those supporters can get us fined anyway?  How is that no personal juvenile nationalistic sentiments?  Interesting you are only referring to the poppy side of things / part of the fine.  Eerstaz will always back you up on that side and not mention the other part too.  So you are in good company there.  :ok:

If your supporters are daft enough to get your football association fined, that shouldn't excuse the SFA for doing the same thing. They're in a position of responsibility and it should be above any nationalistic sentiments.

How am I only referring to the poppy side of things? I gave the example of the 1916 Easter Rising in my previous posts but I can leave my own Republican sentiments to one side if it ends up getting us a points deduction or fine from FIFA.

Just ignore him Irish.

He doesn't represent most Scotland fans who thought the SFA's poppy stunt was incredibly stupid and that the whole poppyfest is puke inducing.

I had four of my lot killed between 1915-18 and a fifth (an Irish citizen ironically) killed in 1940. The best way to honour their memory in my opinion is to promote peace, respect, understanding, co-operation and forgiveness rather than celebrating "the day the regiment shot a thousand fuzzy wuzzies".

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Just ignore him Irish.

He doesn't represent most Scotland fans who thought the SFA's poppy stunt was incredibly stupid and that the whole poppyfest is puke inducing.

I had four of my lot killed between 1915-18 and a fifth (an Irish citizen ironically) killed in 1940. The best way to honour their memory in my opinion is to promote peace, respect, understanding, co-operation and forgiveness rather than celebrating "the day the regiment shot a thousand fuzzy wuzzies".

Maybe not the majority of Scotland fans or Scottish Nationalists but the majority of Scottish people perhaps. As for the poppyfest being puke inducing you are very much in a minority there, you either respect it or you ignore it I would imagine those that are so against it that they feel the need to call it puke inducing are few and far between. You should take a good hard look at your self, I don't see you promoting peace respect understanding or co-operation in this thread just a constant attack on something and someone you disagree with.

11 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Maybe not the majority of Scotland fans or Scottish Nationalists but the majority of Scottish people perhaps. As for the poppyfest being puke inducing you are very much in a minority there, you either respect it or you ignore it I would imagine those that are so against it that they feel the need to call it puke inducing are few and far between. You should take a good hard look at your self, I don't see you promoting peace respect understanding or co-operation in this thread just a constant attack on something and someone you disagree with.

Take good hard look at myself :lol:  Aye very good. 

And the poppyfest is puke inducing. It's now a disgusting celebration of militarism. I take heart from the fact that in the last few years more and more people have been voicing their opposition to the whole ridiculous circus act.

And it's for that reason that the SFA were fecking stupid to put such a divisive political symbol on our national teams shirts and even more fecking stupid to contest FIFA (completely correct) fine against us.

Guest BlueGaz
4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Just ignore him Irish.

Of course I don't represent them, nobody does. But certain my views on this are [fortunately] in the majority.  And your type are [again - fortunately] almost non existent outside certain circles. 

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Take good hard look at myself :lol:  Aye very good. 

And the poppyfest is puke inducing. It's now a disgusting celebration of militarism. I take heart from the fact that in the last few years more and more people have been voicing their opposition to the whole ridiculous circus act.

And it's for that reason that the SFA were fecking stupid to put such a divisive political symbol on our national teams shirts and even more fecking stupid to contest FIFA (completely correct) fine against us.

Correct. :ok:

29 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Of course I don't represent them, nobody does. But certain my views on this are [fortunately] in the majority.  And your type are [again - fortunately] almost non existent outside certain circles. 

Ooohhhh, my "type" ? :lol:

Please tell me more about my "type".

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that a poppy loving hun decided to give abuse to someone with the username "Irish" for no reason :lol:

Must not be any blacks or dogs that use the board.

Unfortunately that is just your very narrow mind playing tricks on you.  I called him a name as he called my support for our military juvenile. Nothing to do with his name.

Calling me a racist now?

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Unfortunately that is just your very narrow mind playing tricks on you.  I called him a name as he called my support for our military juvenile. Nothing to do with his name.

Calling me a racist now?

Nah. I don't know if you're a racist or not but I did find it amusing that you were living up to being the sterotypical hun in just a few posts.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

Nah. I don't know if you're a racist or not but I did find it amusing that you were living up to being the sterotypical hun in just a few posts.

"Must not be any blacks or dogs that use the board."

So what does that mean then?

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

My support for the military is nothing to do with being a hun, so how is it stereotypical?

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

My support for the military is nothing to do with being a hun, so how is it stereotypical?

I was talking more about your aggression towards people, and your "who cares if it gets us into trouble" attitude when it came to sticking a Poppy on the top. The huns sure love a poppy and being aggressive, hence why I said it is stereotypical.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

I was talking more about your aggression towards people, and your "who cares if it gets us into trouble" attitude when it came to sticking a Poppy on the top. The huns sure love a poppy and being aggressive, hence why I said it is stereotypical.

Answer the first question.

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Answer the first question.

Don't ask me two questions before I can answer one then, Begbie.

It was a joke based on the "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish" posters that were displayed over here. You knew that already of course. Posters that huns would have been largely responsible for in Scotland.

Edited by Reevesy

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

Don't ask me two questions before I can answer one then, Begbie.

It was a joke based on the "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish" posters that were displayed over here. You knew that already of course. Posters that huns would have been largely responsible in Scotland.

No, I didn't know that.  All I saw was you calling me a racist.  Sorry for asking you too many questions, all at once.  Funny joke though, ho ho.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

No, I didn't know that.  All I saw was you calling me a racist.  Sorry for asking you too many questions, all at once.  Funny joke though, ho ho.

I didn't call you a racist. I said you were acting like a stereotypical hun, which I suppose could include being racist, but I then clarified that I didn't know whether you were or not.

Sorry if I've offended you :)

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

I didn't call you a racist. I said you were acting like a stereotypical hun, which I suppose could include being racist, but I then clarified that I didn't know whether you were or not.

Sorry if I've offended you :)

Apology accepted.