£15,000 Poppy Fine - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£15,000 Poppy Fine

DoonTheSlope

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

No, I didn't know that.  All I saw was you calling me a racist.  Sorry for asking you too many questions, all at once.  Funny joke though, ho ho.

Just now, Reevesy said:

I didn't call you a racist. I said you were acting like a stereotypical hun, which I suppose could include being racist, but I then clarified that I didn't know whether you were or not.

Sorry if I've offended you :)

That's nice.

Two apologies in two posts.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Unfortunately that is just your very narrow mind playing tricks on you.  I called him a name as he called my support for our military juvenile. Nothing to do with his name.

Calling me a racist now?

No I didn't. You just read what you wanted to read. I was talking about juvenile nationalistic sentiments within the SFA who think being a patriot is pinning a poppy on your chest and then to act like rebellious teen to FIFA even when it's not in the interests of the national team and supporters. If you think the SFA are right to put the nationalist sentiment outside of their mandate to the possible detriment of the team through points deduction or fine, then you don't sound much like a national team supporter as as its best interests are very much secondary to your own political sympathies.

I only ever hear 'support for the military' from far right  knuckle draggers. The armed forces are a component of state whose primary responsibility is the defence of the country. Are you as in love with the Dept of Education? It's just a necessary component of the state and nothing more. Personally I've nothing against the armed forces of any country. They're not the policy makers. Support or non-support of a state department doesn't or shouldn't come into it.

You come across as the very type of Rangers fan who wraps himself up in his union jack bed set every night. :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
19 minutes ago, irish said:

No I didn't. You just read what you wanted to read. I was talking about juvenile nationalistic sentiments within the SFA who think being a patriot is pinning a poppy on your chest and then to act like rebellious teen to FIFA even when it's not in the interests of the national team and supporters. 

Ok, point taken.

I only ever hear 'support for the military' from far right  knuckle draggers. 

Mine is from a 23 year career.  And I know hundreds, and aware of thousands who are nothing like that, who also had careers and support when they leave.  But if that is all you ever hear, than obviously that will be your opinion.

You come across as the very type of Rangers fan who wraps himself up in his union jack bed set every night. :ok:

Thats exactly what I do.  Every night, without fail.  God Save The Queen is my alarm tone in the morning, I dress like Mr. Ben for work, almost every day except Sundays.  On a Sunday I go to church and don't wear my bowler.  I also allow dress down Friday at my work, which gives me a chance to wear my orange Rangers top and my joggies, and my braw new gutties.  Your perception from a message board is outstanding, Mr. Irish.  I applaud you.

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

@ BlueGaz

For some reason it won't let me quote you but that was the perception you were giving tbh :lol: 

I wasn't aiming that knuckle dragger jibe at servicemen and at least you're speaking with some authority on the subject so I've misjudged you there. You seem to be more open minded then I gave you credit for :ok: 

I'm sure you know some of the most vocal poppy supporters who cry uncle when someone else doesn't share their support or viewpoint wouldn't even dream of actually serving in the armed forces but they're the 'real patriots' because they pin a piece of plastic to their chest for a couple of weeks every November. If support for the military is advocating support for groups representing veterans/soldiers/soldiers families etc etc, then I'm all for that and believe they should be supported like the voluntary Poppy appeal but unfortunately that has been hijacked to the point that you're obligated to wear one or support it. The SFA could've done something a lot more beneficial for one of those groups (donations/free tickets for soldiers families etc etc) That'd be a better approach imo.

Can I borrow your Mr Benn outfit for Halloween? ;)

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, irish said:

Can I borrow your Mr Benn outfit for Halloween? ;)

Assuming you reside in Ireland, don't think it would go down well in your neck of the woods.

I don't care for all the big ceremonies surrounding the Poppy.  I also don't really care who wears one and who doesn't.  I also really wear one in remembrance of recent conflicts during my time and those lost, although I have huge respect for the original Poppy status.  I didn't physically do anything to 'support' the SFA on their stance last year, but, I simply think they did the right thing by ignoring FIFA on that one occasion.  There are those that will drone on about my thoughts on this subject being directly Rangers induced (one in particular - he's outside being sick at the moment), and I'm cool with that.  

22 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Assuming you reside in Ireland, don't think it would go down well in your neck of the woods.

I don't care for all the big ceremonies surrounding the Poppy.  I also don't really care who wears one and who doesn't.  I also really wear one in remembrance of recent conflicts during my time and those lost, although I have huge respect for the original Poppy status.  I didn't physically do anything to 'support' the SFA on their stance last year, but, I simply think they did the right thing by ignoring FIFA on that one occasion.  There are those that will drone on about my thoughts on this subject being directly Rangers induced (one in particular - he's outside being sick at the moment), and I'm cool with that.  

Ha ha I'm in the Republic part and we've more of a sense of humour than some of our Northern brethren. I'll just have to go with my union jack novelty suit again ;)

Maybe If I served in the armed forces, I may have had a similar view to yourself on the SFA's decision to defy FIFA's rule but looking at it from a neutral point of view, it's definitely better not to leave yourself open to sanctions by purposefully defying a rule.