Arsenal Fan Losing It !! - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Arsenal Fan Losing It !!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel for Bournemouth.  As a 'wee team' supporter myself, I could see that collapse coming.  All the key ingredients for a classic were there: wee team scores relatively early in second half; big team gets one back fairly quickly; wee team blow excellent chance to score again; wee team have a man sent off; umpteen minutes of injury announced; big team scores injury team equaliser.  At least there was no injury time winner for the big team!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

Anyone know if thats a record to concede this many goals at this stage?

At least their games are always pretty exciting, i suppose !

Not sure what stage but says this on BBC

• Only one Champions League tie has seen a greater margin of victory for a team - Bayern Munich v Sporting Lisbon (12-1, 2009).

edit, just checked, that was last 16 also.

Edited by ibelieve!!!

Also, according to bbc, Munich have now scored 26 goals against the Arsenal - only one team has scored more goals against a single team, Barca have scored 27 against.......

.....Celtic!! 

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I loved Chris suttons tweet about this

"if a scottish team lost 10-2 we would be hearing how bad the standard of the league is........."

I really wasn't a fan of his and he's still way too much at times but I'm slowly warming.  Largely because he seems to want to defend Scottish football from utter nonsense remarks. 

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Commentators going nuts about the sending off was bizarre. Absolute stone wall red card imo. 

It was the only bit of the game I seen and at the time I couldn't figure out how the ref could give him a yellow instead of a red.  Even Joey Garner would have been sent off for that......

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

It was the only bit of the game I seen and at the time I couldn't figure out how the ref could give him a yellow instead of a red.  Even Joey Garner would have been sent off for that......

No chance - he'd have been awarded a foul.

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I really wasn't a fan of his and he's still way too much at times but I'm slowly warming.  Largely because he seems to want to defend Scottish football from utter nonsense remarks. 

Likewise, he needs to reign it in at times but does talk sense at times. More so than most other pundits up here.

He's still a ##### for his remarks about Dunfermline lying down though.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Likewise, he needs to reign it in at times but does talk sense at times. More so than most other pundits up here.

He's still a ##### for his remarks about Dunfermline lying down though.

Agreed. Some of his over reactions are embarrassing, but definitely one of the better ones.