JD sports refused me SSC discount - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

JD sports refused me SSC discount

jamesmcfaddenkingofkings

I went into JD sports in Irvine to purchase the current home top & presented my SSC card to get the 15% discount. I was told by the girl at the till that she said she didn't think this was valid anymore. I then very politely asked her to check with her manager/supervisor after waiting for well over 10 minutes she came back & said no as JD had reduced the price of the strip (think they dropped it from £37 to £32) that the discount could no longer be used.

I then politely queried this explained that I surely should still be entitled to a further discount as this is an exclusive deal for SSC members & the fact that JD have chosen to reduce the price themselves to shift excess stock should not impact this. The girl was very nice about it & went to get the manager, after another 10 minutes I was told the manager was too busy to speak to me but I was not getting the discount & that was final.

I then left the shop & refused to purchase the top on principle. Has anyone else had issues with JD?

I was at Hampden on Sunday for the kids Christmas party and bought the pink strip for my niece - no socks as they don't do them for kids - (4 year old), which was on sale, and the whole strip for my nephew (11 year old) and was told as the strip for my niece was on at a sale price I couldn't get the discount on that but did on the other one. I said the same thing but was told that no further discount would be made on any sale items and this was the shop inside Hampden.

8 hours ago, Tartan Queen said:

I was at Hampden on Sunday for the kids Christmas party and bought the pink strip for my niece - no socks as they don't do them for kids - (4 year old), which was on sale, and the whole strip for my nephew (11 year old) and was told as the strip for my niece was on at a sale price I couldn't get the discount on that but did on the other one. I said the same thing but was told that no further discount would be made on any sale items and this was the shop inside Hampden.

9 hours ago, jamesmcfaddenkingofkings said:

I went into JD sports in Irvine to purchase the current home top & presented my SSC card to get the 15% discount. I was told by the girl at the till that she said she didn't think this was valid anymore. I then very politely asked her to check with her manager/supervisor after waiting for well over 10 minutes she came back & said no as JD had reduced the price of the strip (think they dropped it from £37 to £32) that the discount could no longer be used.

I then politely queried this explained that I surely should still be entitled to a further discount as this is an exclusive deal for SSC members & the fact that JD have chosen to reduce the price themselves to shift excess stock should not impact this. The girl was very nice about it & went to get the manager, after another 10 minutes I was told the manager was too busy to speak to me but I was not getting the discount & that was final.

I then left the shop & refused to purchase the top on principle. Has anyone else had issues with JD?

This is bullshit guys.  I got discount on last campaigns pink and yellow striped number.

I've also spoken to someone who is a manager and said the stores are incorrect.  It applies to all Scotland items, regardless.

Contact the SSC tomorrow, and make a complaint.

JD Sports don't know their Archibald from their elbow.

Earlier in the year I wanted to get the fantastic pink away top before the Italy game.  As I live outwith Scotland, very few stores stock Scotland merchandise so I did as advised and ordered it online to be delivered to my closest store with the expectation then that you would then get the refund applied when you picked it up.

Went into the store to pick it up and TBH the manager was spot on.   He knew about the discount but reckoned he'd had some notification that the way he had to process it had changed.  I was amazed he'd even heard about it, so that was a major plus as I thought I'd have to explain it to them.  

He tried to find the email but couldn't find it so phoned up his head office, turned out they'd changed the system so he couldn't refund me there and then but what I had to do was to email the customer services, quoting the order number and they would then refund the card.  I was standing next to him when he made the call so I know what he was told.

Got home, emailed JD Sports, explained the situation.  They then replied saying that the discount was only available to inshore purchases and not online.  I replied saying that was bollocks and explained the situation, told them I wasn't having it and wanted it escalated.  When I got back after the trip I got an email saying they'd be refunding me.

Completely clueless.

2 minutes ago, Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah said:

Knew I was trying my luck but the discount also doesn't include any names or numbers you get printed on the back.

If it's on a Scotland top that is being purchases there and then, then yes you get discount.

Argyle St, Glasgow are on the ball with it.

Just now, Debian said:

If it's on a Scotland top that is being purchases there and then, then yes you get discount.

Argyle St, Glasgow are on the ball with it.

It was different shops, Silverburn to buy it and then Braehead to get it printed. Had the receipt but they said it still didn't work. Ill go back with both receipts and see what happens

31 minutes ago, Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah said:

It was different shops, Silverburn to buy it and then Braehead to get it printed. Had the receipt but they said it still didn't work. Ill go back with both receipts and see what happens

Ah right.

Sorry, what I meant was both shirt and printing at the same time.  If you go back, then I believe they are in their right to refuse.  Quite anal I know.

Worth a try though.  You could just return the shirt there and then and Braehead, and then rebuy it and get it printed.

12 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

Looks like JD are under the spotlight for their employment practices:

https://www.channel4.com/news/prison-conditions-at-jd-sports-undercover-investigation

Wonder what the SFA view of their exclusive merchandise partner is?

Inverness ripped up their deal JD Sports earlier this week (they get their kits through JD Sports Carbrini brand) due to poor returns from what they are getting out of the deal.

Channel 4 news ran a story about JD sports twice last week and again this week seems there work practices are much worse than sports direct and that's saying something 3 strikes and your oot you  canny chew gum nae mobile phones no branded clothing sit down for a second on the spot sacking long queues at security when leaving there warehouse not getting paid for that after seeing the 3 news items on this heinous company jd sports i for one will be boycotting this company and I ask that you all do the same 

33 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Channel 4 news ran a story about JD sports twice last week and again this week seems there work practices are much worse than sports direct and that's saying something 3 strikes and your oot you  canny chew gum nae mobile phones no branded clothing sit down for a second on the spot sacking long queues at security when leaving there warehouse not getting paid for that after seeing the 3 news items on this heinous company jd sports i for one will be boycotting this company and I ask that you all do the same 

Yes sir! Yes sir! Three bags full sir!

38 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

i won't be buying anything from JD Sports either.  call it daft if you want, each to their own but working conditions aren't right.  won't support it.  

Can live without a Scotland top.  

You don't have too

https://m.aliexpress.com

Edited by DoonTheSlope

On 25/12/2016 at 2:55 PM, Ormond said:

Bought from them last Christmas. What was in the picture modelled by Brown was not what I received. Chance I took for a tenner though.

Did you think some guy in Thailand had Scott Brown modelling his shirts?

:lol:

My mate bought the home one, and the blue is too light, but I got the pink one for less than £9 and you'd struggled to tell the difference holding it next to a real one.

Ones I've got for my wee boy have been decent too, although the numbers peeled off his Real Madrid one a bit. 

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:53 PM, neil r said:

No not really.

The OP and several others make no intimation who they were buying tops for. 

Then one random poster moseys along and you're getting all Ali G for some reason only you really know.

My original point still stands.

I don't really think its acceptable to compare an adult purchasing a football top with an individual with a disability.

It's pretty offensive and doesn't stand anywhere.