Toulon Tournament - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Toulon Tournament

wanderer

5 hours ago, Stuart87 said:

Looks like a really weak squad. 

agreed, where's the boy gilmour at arsenal that apparently switched back to us ?

wighton, nesbitt, thomson, sammut, kiltie are decent half the rest i dont know and the rest i dont rate

Edited by LewisEDI

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the reason the squad looks slightly weak as our best u20 players are in the full squad which is obviously a good thing but maybe Tierney and Burke should have played at this tournament to gain more experience at an international tournament, sure they would have fancied playing the Brazilians

2 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

That is the reason the squad looks slightly weak as our best u20 players are in the full squad which is obviously a good thing but maybe Tierney and Burke should have played at this tournament to gain more experience at an international tournament, sure they would have fancied playing the Brazilians

I don't think they need experience, especially Tierney.

Both are needed by the full squad at the same time anyway.

12 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

agreed, where's the boy gilmour at arsenal that apparently switched back to us ?

wighton, nesbitt, thomson, sammut, kiltie are decent half the rest i dont know and the rest i dont rate

Charlie Gilmour has been out injured for a large chunk of this season and only started playing again just a few weeks ago, so that is why he has not been involved with the U19's of late and probably why he has been excused from this squad.

Zak Jules (though prone to the occasional howler....) has been getting good reviews from Motherwell fans after a shaky start.....Alex Iacovitti actually seems to be rated higher by the Forest fans than what Burke was..... Ross McCrorie and (more so....) Ryan Hardie are highly thought of at Rangers (somewhat shocked that McCrorie brother Robby is not in the squad and seems to have vanished from the international squads of late) and Jack Ruddy was the kid who went out to Spain after his folks moved there and got into one of the Spanish clubs youth academies (I believe he made the Wolves bench for the last few games of the season).

On 2017-5-18 at 8:36 AM, wanderer said:

....Alex Iacovitti actually seems to be rated higher by the Forest fans than what Burke was..... 

Burke was tearing it up for Forest at the start of the season; Iacovitti on the other hand played exactly 2 games in which they conceded six goals and then got dropped and farmed out on loan to league 2 where Mansfield decided he wasn't good enough for them and sent him back to Forest reserves for the rest of the season. So if the above comment is in fact accurate it suggests Forest fans have slightly less understanding of football than even Craig Levein!

9 hours ago, mcnish said:

Burke was tearing it up for Forest at the start of the season; Iacovitti on the other hand played exactly 2 games in which they conceded six goals and then got dropped and farmed out on loan to league 2 where Mansfield decided he wasn't good enough for them and sent him back to Forest reserves for the rest of the season. So if the above comment is in fact accurate it suggests Forest fans have slightly less understanding of football than even Craig Levein!

Just after Burke had signed for Leipzig I made a comment on Facebook about the transfer and NottsBankie came on and gave dissertation sized analysis of Lacovitti was the real one to look out for from Forest.

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Just after Burke had signed for Leipzig I made a comment on Facebook about the transfer and NottsBankie came on and gave dissertation sized analysis of Lacovitti was the real one to look out for from Forest.

You based that whole judgement on one guys opinion :lol:

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You based that whole judgement on one guys opinion :lol:

No, because at the time he had just scored a cracker of a goal in a pre-season friendly and had be training with the first team out in Spain, and when I went on a Notts Forest forum to see if there was anything in this guy they were all raving about him (at the same time Kenny Millar in the Sun had also done a report on him, and he had been talking up Burke for 2 full years before anyone else had been).

Seems to be his move to Mansfield after getting game time for Forest and the appointment of Steve Evans really hampered his season after a promising start.

Edited by wanderer

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, wanderer said:

No, because at the time he had just scored a cracker of a goal in a pre-season friendly and had be training with the first team out in Spain, and when I went on a Notts Forest forum to see if there was anything in this guy they were all raving about him (at the same time Kenny Millar in the Sun had also done a report on him, and he had been talking up Burke for 2 full years before anyone else had been).

Seems to be his move to Mansfield after getting game time for Forest and the appointment of Steve Evans really hampered his season after a promising start.

"when I went on a Notts Forest forum"

Jesus wept. You need to get Netflix or Amazon Prime.

And it's Nottingham Forest.  Never Notts.

Guest BlueGaz
57 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

"when I went on a Notts Forest forum"

Jesus wept. You need to get Netflix or Amazon Prime.

And it's Nottingham Forest.  Never Notts.

:lol: I had a colleague in the past who would go mental when I used that word, which obviously spurred me on to continue.

6 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Anyone know if any TV coverage of this Tournament this year. I know it has been on Eurosport and BT in the past. Had a look at the listings but couldn't see anything in the obvious places. Starts tomorrow

Eurosport are covering the U20 world cup which is on in South Korea just now, and finishes  on the 11th June.

Guest MorayCupMan
6 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Anyone know if any TV coverage of this Tournament this year. I know it has been on Eurosport and BT in the past. Had a look at the listings but couldn't see anything in the obvious places. Starts tomorrow

No sure about tv coverage.....bound to be on the youtube though