Rick Parfitt - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rick Parfitt

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

We weren't expecting famous faces of the 80s and 90s going so soon though...

Why not? 

People in the 60s died in 70s, from 70s in the 80s etc. It happens every week of every year to people of all ages, from premature babies to centurians.

It just so happens that for numerous reasons there are far more 'famous' people over the last 60 years or so than there ever was before. And just because they are 'famous' does not preclude them from dying like anyone else at any age.

1 hour ago, neil r said:

Why not? 

People in the 60s died in 70s, from 70s in the 80s etc. It happens every week of every year to people of all ages, from premature babies to centurians.

It just so happens that for numerous reasons there are far more 'famous' people over the last 60 years or so than there ever was before. And just because they are 'famous' does not preclude them from dying like anyone else at any age.

Correct. Everyone blaming 2016 ffs. It's the circle of life that's aw 

17 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Correct. Everyone blaming 2016 ffs. It's the circle of life that's aw 

Plus we are now half a century on from the explosion of TV and pop culture in the 1960s

7 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Rocking All Over the World gave me and many of you a great 10-15 minutes AFTER the game against France at home 1-0.  Memories !!

That song sticks in my mind for half-time at Wembley 1996 - an unforgettable 15 mins :ok:

5 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

That song sticks in my mind for half-time at Wembley 1996 - an unforgettable 15 mins :ok:

:ok:

Not to put a shade on One Step Beyond though

On 25/12/2016 at 5:58 AM, neil r said:

Awww dont go spoiling "the curse of 2016". 

Whatever will the snowflakes and the melodramatic make of that?

It's going to be murder in 30 years time when Big Brother contestants are dropping like flies!

I'm struggling to work out why all of a sudden Status Quo are a revered super group? I've always thought they were shite and a bit of a joke along the lines of Chas and Dave but with less talent. 

Fkin Diana syndrome gone mad this year. It's embarrassing.