Jesus Christ Was Born Today - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jesus Christ Was Born Today

Merry Christmas to all. Interesting comparison with the Christ story and today's refugee crisis. Both relied and still rely on the goodwill of others. Wonder if  this gets home to some of the intolerant members of our country when sitting down to their turkey.

Edited by EddardStark

33 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Merry Christmas to all. Interesting comparison with the Christ story and today's refugee crisis. Both relied and still rely on the goodwill of others. Wonder if  this gets home to some of the intolerant members of our country when sitting down to their turkey.

Merry xmas to all.  Unfortunately in Christ's time there were the bad and the good.  Just like now Eddard.  That is the human race.  Burns poem 'Man was made to Mourn' rings true.  But hey, it's xmas and we are Scots.  We are vertical.  As long as we have that there is hope for mankind.  Merry xmas every one on the board.

5 hours ago, Rossy said:

Merry Christmas Scotty.

Good to see you back my friend :ok:

:ok:

4 hours ago, Regenmann said:

:ok:

First heard this on Big Star's 'Third' / 'Sister Lovers' - not sure who the original artist was.

Big Star - Keep An Eye On The Sky (perhaps)

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Happy Christmas to all. 

Dont see the point anymore though, I get a new pair of golf shoes and my wife won't even let me out for a game this afternoon. 

Gotta go to my folks for dinner,what was the point of me even getting them today???

Hope, my friend.

It's all about hope.

9 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Interesting comparison with the Christ story and today's refugee crisis. Both relied and still rely on the goodwill of others. Wonder if  this gets home to some of the intolerant members of our country when sitting down to their turkey.

I think you really need to study the bible before you make sweeping generalisations like that lol

However it would be churlish to deviate from the sentiment of the thread

Merry Crimbo

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 minutes ago, Padre Andrew said:

Happy Christmas to all. 

Not sure what your point is, Ally. Christ was a child refugee.

As i said i do not want to deviate from the sentiment of the thread

Another time - another thread

33 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Jesus is omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing). and omni-present (everywhere).

Jesus is not only the Son of God, but God the Son. :)

So that would make her evil

40 minutes ago, bonzo said:

So somebody else gets josephs misses up the duff, quick make up a story and it becomes a best seller.  the end. 

Ten thousand people a day come to saving grace in Jesus Christ (despite the threat of persecution) in China alone.

The Holy Spirit is real.