Neil R - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

So how does this work, the 'scrounging bitch dies' and the monarchy ceases to exist?

In today's England ?

Absolutely no chance

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Oh aye. I'm spending the next 4 days praying it's that cow. 

I'm desperately hoping that Lizzie pops off to her tax payer funded cloud in the sky, the day before the huns play Aberdeen at Ibrox.

That'll be a laugh.

I think if some cold-hearted republican wanted rid of the monarchy, you would wish her to linger in a diminishing capacity to reign till the bitter end, and bring the dysfunctional system into disrepute...

If you think that's grim, well, that's the macabre system that monarchists would have to defend.   

Edited by exile

15 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I'm desperately hoping that Lizzie pops off to her tax payer funded cloud in the sky, the day before the huns play Aberdeen at Ibrox.

That'll be a laugh.

It'll be a right hoot for you when it gets postponed. 

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Any day would do but as long as its before the end of January 17. My holidays are up and I could do with at least one more day off work to celebrate the old cows passing.

Steady.... steady... There's that bovine word again.

2 minutes ago, northernscum said:

2.12327266.jpg

You could literally have a cow for monarch. Its principal constitutional duty is to breed, after all.  It would exist in a sort of parallel jurisdiction to the constitutional government, saluted by the bovine grunts of the Lords, and just put an occasional hoofprint on legislation.

The absolute nonsense that we will have to put up with when she goes will be ridiculous. Loyalist monarchists will be gutted and incredibly touchy about it, republicans wont care and it could get a bit feisty,

BBC will be in absolute grief junkie max mod.

Im no monarchist, dont care about it either way, I think Charles will sway me against it, and Id expect there to be millions more of this opinion.

18 minutes ago, exile said:

You could literally have a cow for monarch. Its principal constitutional duty is to breed, after all.  It would exist in a sort of parallel jurisdiction to the constitutional government, saluted by the bovine grunts of the Lords, and just put an occasional hoofprint on legislation.

I think that's a prize jersey though.  Whit a girth.  Worth a few bob too I fancy.  Smithfield 2007 I think.

Edited by Fermer

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

The absolute nonsense that we will have to put up with when she goes will be ridiculous. Loyalist monarchists will be gutted and incredibly touchy about it, republicans wont care and it could get a bit feisty,

Im no monarchist, dont care about it either way, I think Charles will sway me against it, and Id expect there to be millions more of this opinion.

Yeah but it then there are William and Kate!!!

On 27/12/2016 at 10:28 PM, kumnio said:

aye, but you might get an extra day off work :beer2:

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2016 at 10:21 PM, scoobydoo said:

When lady di had her funeral it was a saturday. the bastards.

And when HM the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were married, it was a weekday and we all got the day off.

HM the Queen was at church this morning so thankfully her cold must be on the wane.

3 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

And when HM the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were married, it was a weekday and we all got the day off.

HM the Queen was at church this morning so thankfully her cold must be on the wane.

Did we?:blink: Is that the royal we?

I remember I was installing a woodburning stove in a large country estate house, and it was hoaching with parasites posh hunting, fishing & shooting types watching the proceedings on TV.

To be fair to one of them, he did ask me if I wanted to come and watch it with them! They seemed a wee bit put out that I said I would prefer to carry on working. Although I did have a chuckle at all the cheering & tears from them as the day went on.

33 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Did we?:blink: Is that the royal we?

I remember I was installing a woodburning stove in a large country estate house, and it was hoaching with parasites posh hunting, fishing & shooting types watching the proceedings on TV.

To be fair to one of them, he did ask me if I wanted to come and watch it with them! They seemed a wee bit put out that I said I would prefer to carry on working. Although I did have a chuckle at all the cheering & tears from them as the day went on.

I've never had a day off an my working life for those basturts and I never will.