Whatever happened to the Hogmanay Bloodbath? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whatever happened to the Hogmanay Bloodbath?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz

Non OF fans crave the worst scenarios possible and border on dillusion and obsession with their comments and predictions. Tamb is a particular hotbed for these two traits. It keeps me amused. 

Tims and huns licking each others arses.

Who would have thunk it, eh ?

P.S. Not that I got involved in, or even saw, a thread predicting a 'bloodbath', but congratulations to both sets of fans for keeping their afternoon's fun down to 90 minutes of good old fashioned sectarian bile and bigotry.

You're a credit to Scotland :ok:

Edited by Rossy

15 minutes ago, Rossy said:

P.S. Not that I got involved in, or even saw, a thread predicting a 'bloodbath', but congratulations to both sets of fans for keeping their afternoon's fun down to 90 minutes of good old fashioned sectarian bile and bigotry.

You're a credit to Scotland :ok:

I didn't realise the TA masses predicted anything, when did this happen?

12 hours ago, macy37 said:

That was predicted by the TA masses?

Guest BlueGaz
29 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Not licking anyones arse - sheep fans have always been the mob i detest the most, not said anything otherwise, have i?

There was an interesting "discussion" on BBC Scotland about 90 minutes before the match. They were going on about the controversial fixture and how there was going to be carnage and fighting on the streets and that it was a stupid idea to hold it on hogmany and surprised the idiot police let it go ahead. One of the pundits piped up and said that the media always made it out to be worse than it was, and that she has travelled pre and post match through the city centre on multiple Rangers-Celtic games and has never seen any trouble. She said she used to be scared to take her kids with her when out and about when these games are on but now she doesn't give it a second thought. The host asked her if she wasn't scared to travel when the matches were on and she said no and the host killed the conversation there rather abruptly without letting anyone else getting involved in the conversation, it was almost like they didn't expect/want her to say what she said.

They were also talking about the policing costs and said that these games cost on average 45k more per game to police than the average game. They went on to claim that the last 6 games had cost over 2m to police which was covered by the tax payer. I think they need to check there maths on that one.

6 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

There was an interesting "discussion" on BBC Scotland about 90 minutes before the match. They were going on about the controversial fixture and how there was going to be carnage and fighting on the streets and that it was a stupid idea to hold it on hogmany and surprised the idiot police let it go ahead. One of the pundits piped up and said that the media always made it out to be worse than it was, and that she has travelled pre and post match through the city centre on multiple Rangers-Celtic games and has never seen any trouble. She said she used to be scared to take her kids with her when out and about when these games are on but now she doesn't give it a second thought. The host asked her if she wasn't scared to travel when the matches were on and she said no and the host killed the conversation there rather abruptly without letting anyone else getting involved in the conversation, it was almost like they didn't expect/want her to say what she said.

They were also talking about the policing costs and said that these games cost on average 45k more per game to police than the average game. They went on to claim that the last 6 games had cost over 2m to police which was covered by the tax payer. I think they need to check there maths on that one.

Having been in Glasgow for the OF fixture I can't say I have seen fighting in the streets but this is down to the huge police operation in place to help prevent it. I am sure the odd scuffle breaks out in pubs later on but it isn't the war zone its made out to be. However the fact it needs a massive police operation when these two teams meet is still a problem, if the police weren't there the bams in each support would take advantage. 

Three arrests were reported at the match, two inside the ground and one just outside. Surely the problem isn't within the match itself but the aftermath?

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Having been in Glasgow for the OF fixture I can't say I have seen fighting in the streets but this is down to the huge police operation in place to help prevent it. I am sure the odd scuffle breaks out in pubs later on but it isn't the war zone its made out to be. However the fact it needs a massive police operation when these two teams meet is still a problem, if the police weren't there the bams in each support would take advantage. 

Three arrests were reported at the match, two inside the ground and one just outside. Surely the problem isn't within the match itself but the aftermath?

Definitely.  I haven't seen trouble at a match for a very long time.  The police presence on Saturday 'seemed' to be absolutely huge compared to what I have seen in the past.  Would agree that it is only this presence that prevents issues at the game itself, and you are right, thats a problem in itself.  I know what the answer should be, but its not going to happen, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Non OF fans crave the worst scenarios possible and border on dillusion and obsession with their comments and predictions. Tamb is a particular hotbed for these two traits. It keeps me amused. 

14 hours ago, macy37 said:

That was predicted by the TA masses?

The two halves of the arse cheek accuse non-OF fans of wild accusation and exaggeration, by using wild accusation and exaggeration themselves.

Oh the ironing. They won't get it though.

I did predict a proverbial bloodbath.

It is always noted that the "bloodbath" is rarely in or around the ground or even in the city itself, it's in towns across Lanarkshire, and presumably Ayrshire, Renfrewshire etc.

Didnt hear of any bother, but then most of the pubs near me don't even open their shutters on an old firm day and close completely about 5pm in fear of potential bother based on past experiences.

There is rarely trouble in the ground these days, the worry is always that the combination of the game and a full day's drinking will lead to trouble elsewhere, especially in the pubs. There is a story, very possibly apocryphal, of more people having been arrested in Cupar after a pub boxing match between rival fans in the aftermath of an OF game years ago than were arrested on the same day in Glasgow for offences in any way connected to the OF game. It certainly appears that there wasn't much trouble this time around, and that is very obviously a good thing. It doesn't necessarily follow though that it was a good idea to play the game at the time that they did on the 31st of December.

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I did predict a proverbial bloodbath.

It is always noted that the "bloodbath" is rarely in or around the ground or even in the city itself, it's in towns across Lanarkshire, and presumably Ayrshire, Renfrewshire etc.

Didnt hear of any bother, but then most of the pubs near me don't even open their shutters on an old firm day and close completely about 5pm in fear of potential bother based on past experiences.

Absolutely nothing happened in Renfrew and I haven't heard of anything in Paisley either. 

It would appear the idiots managed to contain their Stupidity this time round. 

This might be because the anticipated result happened without anyone taking a tanking or any on pitch daftness. 

There's never a 'bloodbath' when the OF meet because there's a constant cosy familiarity between OF fans.

They're in each others company all the time, and week about they share the city. Why should there be any trouble ? It's not as if a hun wanders into Glasgow and sees a tim for the first time in 12 months so thinks he's gonna lamp him there and then, or vice versa.

Despite their denials, they have shared interests and they have more in common with each other than they have differences.

Two cheeks an' all that.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Rossy said:

There's never a 'bloodbath' when the OF meet because there's a constant cosy familiarity between OF fans.

They're in each others company all the time, and week about they share the city. Why should there be any trouble ? It's not as if a hun wanders into Glasgow and sees a tim for the first time in 12 months so thinks he's gonna lamp him there and then, or vice versa.

Despite their denials, they have shared interests and they have more in common with each other than they have differences.

Two cheeks an' all that.

Thanks for that.  Felt shit coming into work this morning, but my morning dose of Rossy has perked me up a wee bit. Nothing happened, but lets concentrate on what 'could' have happened. Brilliant.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Thanks for that.  Felt shit coming into work this morning, but my morning dose of Rossy has perked me up a wee bit. Nothing happened, but lets concentrate on what 'could' have happened. Brilliant.  :lol:

thats not what he said

try reading it again. 

Guest BlueGaz
15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

thats not what he said

try reading it again. 

And my second dose arrives - read back in his posts, he has mentioned it.  Cheerio !!!

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

And my second dose arrives - read back in his posts, he has mentioned it.  Cheerio !!!

it hularious how you pretend that others amuse you, the truth is you don't have the brain capacity to comprehend what others are saying. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

it hularious how you pretend that others amuse you, the truth is you don't have the brain capacity to comprehend what others are saying. 

Trust me, no pretence, you z do amuse me.