Ryan Fraser - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I must admit, when he was farmed out on loan to Ipswich (no pun intended) I thought the folk at Bournemouth probably reckoned he wasn't up to it at EPL level.  But fair play to him, he's shown that he's more than capable of cutting it in the big league.  Surely a must for the next Scotland squad.

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I must admit, when he was farmed out on loan to Ipswich (no pun intended) I thought the folk at Bournemouth probably reckoned he wasn't up to it at EPL level.  But fair play to him, he's shown that he's more than capable of cutting it in the big league.  Surely a must for the next Scotland squad.

I agree.

But unfortunately we're still dealing with this guy ............

strach.jpg

I wonder how many games Watt had started for Hearts when he was called up by Strachan? I take your point about Fraser, but he is on form and playing at a higher level than the vast majority of those we have available. We're he Irish, he'd be in their next squad I suspect. 

• 5 weeks later...

There was a big feature on him in the Grauniad a week or so back. All about how he was lighter and fitter now, that coming to England had made him aware of the importance of diet an nutrition, and that it is important not to eat takeaway pizza all the time. This was last week, 2017 and all that, not 1977. Sometimes, I really despair of Scottish football.