Jack Harper moves to Malaga - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper moves to Malaga

kmcca5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he improves. Reports down here said he lived on his xbox too much and just wasn't putting the effort in. There was talent there but nothe enough pace and wasnt physical robust or fit enough. One cracking goal but don't think he finished 90 mins the whole time he was at Brighton under 23s

Edited by kmcca5

29 minutes ago, kmcca5 said:

I hope he improves. Reports down here said he lived on his xbox too much and just wasn't putting the effort in. There was talent there but nothe enough pace and wasnt physical robust or fit enough. One cracking goal but don't think he finished 90 mins the whole time he was at Brighton under 23s

The annoying thing about that is that while its next to impossible to do anything about improving the talent by that point and difficult to do anything about pace, you can do something about strength and general levels of fitness but you need to be prepared to do the extra work and put the hard hours in. 

40 minutes ago, aaid said:

The annoying thing about that is that while its next to impossible to do anything about improving the talent by that point and difficult to do anything about pace, you can do something about strength and general levels of fitness but you need to be prepared to do the extra work and put the hard hours in. 

harper doesn't seem the type of person to lack effort at all, maybe just wasnt suited to chamopinship level physical football, he looks a technical player, delighted he has gone back to spain, should never have left

6 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

harper doesn't seem the type of person to lack effort at all, maybe just wasnt suited to chamopinship level physical football, he looks a technical player, delighted he has gone back to spain, should never have left

If he hasn't got a basic level of fitness and strength then he won't be able to play in any major league anywhere in the world. 

20 minutes ago, aaid said:

If he hasn't got a basic level of fitness and strength then he won't be able to play in any major league anywhere in the world. 

a couple of posters on brightons forum suggested he wasnt strong enough, i doubt very much there is a fitness issue from a lack of effort from him, he struggled with injuries whilst at brighton. lets see how he gets on in spain, i also doubt he will play for scotland  but good luck to him

Edited by LewisEDI

Worth noting he's gone to Malagueño, not Malaga, it's their 2nd team.So job number 1 is get into the Malagueño side and perform there, then get moved up to the proper Malaga team and play in la liga.

Still, I think it's a good move for him. Clearly wasn't happening at Brighton, their formation doesn't really have a place for him and their league position makes it unlikely they'll experiment with personnel or formations.

Fingers crossed he can get some game time and push on. Still only 20, so plenty of time.

2 hours ago, andyD said:

Worth noting he's gone to Malagueño, not Malaga, it's their 2nd team.So job number 1 is get into the Malagueño side and perform there, then get moved up to the proper Malaga team and play in la liga.

Still, I think it's a good move for him. Clearly wasn't happening at Brighton, their formation doesn't really have a place for him and their league position makes it unlikely they'll experiment with personnel or formations.

Fingers crossed he can get some game time and push on. Still only 20, so plenty of time.

Agreed.

Spanish B level is probably higher than Brighton under 23s, certainly a better style of football anyway.

On another note - Feruz is playing regularly and playing well in Belgium.

I think the chances of either of them making it to full international level is slim, but it is good to see him finally sticking in somewhere.

59 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

On another note - Feruz is playing regularly and playing well in Belgium.

he's made one sub appearance for 7mins in the last 6 games that i checked on scoccerway and that team has drawn 1 and lost the rest of them 

Edited by LewisEDI

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, LewisEDI said:

he's made one sub appearance for 7mins in the last 6 games that i checked on scoccerway and that team has drawn 1 and lost the rest of them 

You sure? I thought he had played 10 games atleast this season?? Gutted..

On 6 January 2017 at 3:30 PM, ProudScot said:

Agreed.

Spanish B level is probably higher than Brighton under 23s, certainly a better style of football anyway.

The Spanish League system consists of three National leagues, La Liga, Segunda A, Segunda B.  Then the Pyramid starts with 18 regional divisions.  That's where Atletico Malagueno play.  It's effectively Spanish non-league. 

I'd suggest that Brighton U23s is th a higher standard and a better technical level.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, aaid said:

The Spanish League system consists of three National leagues, La Liga, Segunda A, Segunda B.  Then the Pyramid starts with 18 regional divisions.  That's where Atletico Malagueno play.  It's effectively Spanish non-league. 

I'd suggest that Brighton U23s is th a higher standard and a better technical level.

Brighton under 23's aren't even in the English league system though so you're reasoning is completely wrong.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Brighton under 23's aren't even in the English league system though so you're reasoning is completely wrong.

Brighton U23s are in the second division of the professional development league and play U23 form the Premiership and the top championship teams.  They are also playing alongside League 1 and 2 clubs in the EFL trophy.  By your reasoning, the Essex Senior League is a higher level since its part of the English League system which is palpable nonsense.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, aaid said:

Brighton U23s are in the second division of the professional development league and play U23 form the Premiership and the top championship teams.  They are also playing alongside League 1 and 2 clubs in the EFL trophy.  By your reasoning, the Essex Senior League is a higher level since its part of the English League system which is palpable nonsense.

It was your reasoning not mine.

He will be playing at no poorer level in a county that probably suits him better given his development - Plus probably more chance of a promotion to the first team there.