Sherlock - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thought it was great last night.

Last few episodes over the last couple of series has been building to what I (and possibly a lot of people) suspected, but the last minute plot twist was excellent.

Agree with above that the last episode did seem all over the place and seemed to be more Mission Impossible/Jason Bourne than Sherlock (did seem to be a lot of pointless filler/padding that seemed to offer nothing, yet all came together in the last 5 or so minutes of last nights episode).

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Thought it was great last night.

Last few episodes over the last couple of series has been building to what I (and possibly a lot of people) suspected, but the last minute plot twist was excellent.

Agree with above that the last episode did seem all over the place and seemed to be more Mission Impossible/Jason Bourne than Sherlock (did seem to be a lot of pointless filler/padding that seemed to offer nothing, yet all came together in the last 5 or so minutes of last nights episode).

Saw the criticism over the fight scene etc, but even in the books he was a master of unarmed combat, so I felt it was a bit unfair tbh.

On 09/01/2017 at 2:07 PM, dan cake said:

Surprised the BBC had the "balls" to make a programme where the villain was based on Jimmy Saville

Good ending tho

I was thinking, "this has a Saville feel to it" then he said he had been given the keys in a ceremony and (can't remember who exactly) ?? was even at the ceremony and it confirmed it. 

Just watched it on iplayer and really enjoyed it. Even had a wee greet with John at the end. What car was Mrs  Hudson driving, I couldn't make out what badge said. It looked like a Honda to me but think it was meant to be something flashy? 

14 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I was thinking, "this has a Saville feel to it" then he said he had been given the keys in a ceremony and (can't remember who exactly) ?? was even at the ceremony and it confirmed it. 

Just watched it on iplayer and really enjoyed it. Even had a wee greet with John at the end. What car was Mrs  Hudson driving, I couldn't make out what badge said. It looked like a Honda to me but think it was meant to be something flashy? 

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/sherlocks-confrontation-jimmy-savile-inspired-move-yet/

think the car was an Aston Martin