Podcasts - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Podcasts

Guest BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz

Wanted to have a look at potential podcasts to download for phone, for gym.  Had a quick look but you have to subscribe to the ones I looked at, but would obviously prefer free.  Comedy, current affairs, football would be ideal.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  

FIlm podcasts

• Doug Loves Movies
  • I was There Too
  • The Film Vault
  • James Bonding

Footie

• The Anfield Wrap
  • Big Interview with Graham Hunter
  • Guardian Football Weekly
  • Times The Game podcast
  • Off the Ball

Tech

• This Week in Google
  • This Week in Tech
  • Triangulation

Gaming

• Kinda Funny Gamescast
  • Podcast Beyond

Crime

• Serial
  • Stranglers
  • Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder

TV

• West Wing Weekly
  • Lost in Order podcast

Podcasts I currently subscribe to:

Sports: 

• Football Weekly
  • ByTheMinAFC (dunno if there is a Rangers version?)
  • The Big Interview (Graham Hunter is a bit sycophantic and gets on my nerves with his arse kissing, no matter who the guest is but some of them are still pretty good)
  • The Blizzard
  • The Tennis Podcast
  • Around the NFL
  • Sportsound - Essentially sportsound show from the night before 
  • Off the Ball 
  • Off the Ball (Ireland)

Other: 

• Food for Fitness - Nutrition and Workout podcast with differing guests, each with different specialty
  • Serial - A sort of cold case review of contentious convictions/charges. Series 1 is a young man who's been convicted of murder but protests his innocence. Series 2 is about Bowe Berghdal who was captured by the Taliban after going AWOL.   

"World Football Index Podcast" - Look for episodes named "WFI tactics" and podcasts featuring Stevie Grieve. He's a young Scottish coach who speaks a lot of sense about football and tactics etc.

For TV programs like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead look for "Bald Move". Two American guys with a good sense of humour talking about TV and Movies.

"The SV Podcast" is a bit more in depth talking about tactics but interesting enough.