Likely Pre-Slovenia Friendly - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Likely Pre-Slovenia Friendly

ErsatzThistle

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No, I'm the only one of my group of friends who didn't go to university (totally my own fault) but I saw how how they struggled to earn their degrees and keep a job to support themselves at the same time. They certainly deserved what discounts and freebies they could get from being a student.

Plenty of my grandparents friends amongst the OAP community of Barrhead find it hard to keep going on the basic state pension, they use their concessions and rightly so.

Still maintain, under 18s, students, unemployed and pensioners should get in free for friendlies matches.

Listen,I know where your coming from but the point I,m making is all students,pensioners or disabled don't lack in disposable income and there others in employment worse or not much better off.Its where you draw the line

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Ridiculous and inaccurate statement.

No it really isnt. They get a substantial loan a lot of the time, there fault if they waste it on bevy. My gf managed to do four years of uni and work all the way through it and saved most of her loan. She didnt pay digs fair enough but thats not that much in reality

5 minutes ago, Kirk said:

No it really isnt. They get a substantial loan a lot of the time, there fault if they waste it on bevy. My gf managed to do four years of uni and work all the way through it and saved most of her loan. She didnt pay digs fair enough but thats not that much in reality

What world do you live in? 

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, Kirk said:

Didn't pay rent and saved her loan.

Sounds like your gf is the "most students" you are referring to.

Probably best you stop talking although I expect you'll keep digging a hole...

8 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

That's a ridiculous and simplistic generalisation.

So is saying they are all skint and need discounts.

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Didn't pay rent and saved her loan.

Sounds like your gf is the "most students" you are referring to.

Probably best you stop talking although I expect you'll keep digging a hole...

That was one example, plenty of students work and have enough cash to not need discounts. Plenty pay rent and still afford going out etc, they are by no means skint because they don't have cash, its often because they drink it. 

And I expect you'll keep being a jobby

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Can I send my daughter to were ever you live!

Erm no thanks

On 1/13/2017 at 4:08 AM, Reevesy said:

The only option worse than Perth would be Hamilton. Please, no.

Pish. While we don't claim to have a passionate stadium compared to others, a full McDiarmid is a heck of a lot better than places like Dens, St. Mirren, Caledonian Stadium, etc.

So is it Canada we are playing? This seems a bit rubbish, a "morale boosting" 3-0 win against a bunch of diddies then a 2-0 home defeat in the important match on the Sunday, I give up. 

Also just like to chip in, if students and oap's are getting discounts then what about us public sector workers, I'll need to speak to my union about this ?

12 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I didn't say they were all skint and need discounts, Kirk, that is your inference.

You made a generalisation that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Care to have another go at explaining why you have a downer on any students who are not your daughter?

I dont have a daughter. I dont have a downer on students just saying they dont need discounts to sports events

13 hours ago, Ormond said:

Pish. While we don't claim to have a passionate stadium compared to others, a full McDiarmid is a heck of a lot better than places like Dens, St. Mirren, Caledonian Stadium, etc.

:lol: Full McDiarmid :lol:

:lol: Better than Dens or St Mirren :lol:

Youre on form today.

13 hours ago, Ormond said:

It would only be "pish" if it could be disproved by facts, but it can't because it's only an opinion.

Just now, kumnio said:

Well done, you have 4 complete, but pretty empty stands.

Read my original statement. A full McD for a small Scotland game. Thus meaning the stabds are not empty. Defending that half done/closed cowp in Dundee is laughable. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Read my original statement. A full McD for a small Scotland game. Thus meaning the stabds are not empty. Defending that half done/closed cowp in Dundee is laughable. :lol:

I read it, and understand it. McD is a meccano stadium, I cant think of it being full to be honest, my imagination cant go that far.

You lot hate us, most of us dont care. On a purely football basis, your stadium is absolutely shite and soul less. Its everything thats wrong with modern cheap stadiums.

Edited by kumnio

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I read it, and understand it. McD is a meccano stadium, I cant think of it being full to be honest, my imagination cant go that far.

You lot hate us, most of us dont care. On a purely football basis, your stadium is absolutely shite and soul less. Its everything thats wrong with modern cheap stadiums.

Your ends are meccano as you put it. Every single bloody stand that's built now is 'meccano'

Dens is a hovel. An absolute hovel. It has nowt to do with hate. Reeves said that only Hamilton was worse than Perth. I threw out three other soulless places. It just so happens that along with soulless, Dens was the only one said that is an absolute shit tip too. Sorry if that hurt your feelings my Tayside buddy. :)

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Your ends are meccano as you put it. Every single bloody stand that's built now is 'meccano'

Dens is a hovel. An absolute hovel. It has nowt to do with hate. Reeves said that only Hamilton was worse than Perth. I threw out three other soulless places. It just so happens that along with soulless, Dens was the only one said that is an absolute shit tip too. Sorry if that hurt your feelings my Tayside buddy. :)

No feelings hurt. Seems to be quite a few on here saying your stadium is shite though.

And you bring up the team that you are all obsessed about into it, its kinda cute.