2017 movie thread - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2017 movie thread

I watched Event Horizon last night (I know it's from 2016, sorry) and thought it was pretty good.  Did a decent job of highlighting the financial pressures versus the processes.  Hopefully helps people understand why the folks on the rigs get paid what they get paid. Dangerous places.  

7 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I watched Event Horizon last night (I know it's from 2016, sorry) and thought it was pretty good.  Did a decent job of highlighting the financial pressures versus the processes.  Hopefully helps people understand why the folks on the rigs get paid what they get paid. Dangerous places.  

There is only one Event Horizon - and it's as disturbing as fook

Related image

On 11/01/2017 at 11:42 AM, McTeeko said:

Had the misfortune of sitting through 'Silence' at the weekend there. 

The biggest pile of complete guff I've seen for many a year. 2hrs 40mins a'naw ?

No-one else had the misfortune of watching this pile of guff yet? ?

On 25/01/2017 at 8:42 PM, Larky Masher said:

Totally agree, scared the f*ck out of me.

Aye

So much so that it is one of a small group of films that i wont watch again and not because they are crap.

The Shining is an obvious one but the most prevalent is Eden Lake, a small budget British film starring Michael Fassbender

Its more disturbing than anything i have watched before or since - mainly because it is a reflection of today's society in many parts of the UK

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Aye

So much so that it is one of a small group of films that i wont watch again and not because they are crap.

The Shining is an obvious one but the most prevalent is Eden Lake, a small budget British film starring Michael Fassbender

Its more disturbing than anything i have watched before or since - mainly because it is a reflection of today's society in many parts of the UK

The Shining is a truly awesome film. Scary as feck but utterly brilliant. Stephen King wrote a sequel a few years ago called Dr Sleep. Im hoping it will get the film treatment but only if they can make sure it's done with a good budget and a proper cast.  The story is not as scary as The Shining but in the hands of the right Director it could be something special. 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Was the original Trainspotting not set in the 1980s? If so the sequel should have been set about 10 years ago...

The book yes. The film no. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The Shining is a truly awesome film. Scary as feck but utterly brilliant. Stephen King wrote a sequel a few years ago called Dr Sleep. Im hoping it will get the film treatment but only if they can make sure it's done with a good budget and a proper cast.  The story is not as scary as The Shining but in the hands of the right Director it could be something special. 

Stephen King apparently hated The Shining. 

I believe him and Kubrick fell out. It still stands the test of time tho 

15 minutes ago, Boboblanko said:

Just seen Trainspotting 2. It is worth seeing for the 1690 scene alone 

Seconded. Toyed with writing that but didn't want to spoil it for folk. Genius set piece 

37 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Cheers. Thinking back to the first film it's hard to tell if it's set in 1996 or 1986, that Tory Scotland, pre devolution, pre internet time when things seemed to change very slowly.

The first one was made in '96 but set in the 80s. 

1 hour ago, Boboblanko said:

Stephen King apparently hated The Shining. 

I believe him and Kubrick fell out. It still stands the test of time tho 

Then Stephen is wrong. It's a brilliant film. Kubrick did a phenomenal job. 

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Just back from T2. Really enjoyed it. Franco is brilliant again. Superb character. 

I was actually a little disappointed with Begbie's character this time. Think the accent didn't help. Was nothing like his original one (which I think made him sound funnier).

Good film though. 

15 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Was the original Trainspotting not set in the 1980s? If so the sequel should have been set about 10 years ago...

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Cheers. Thinking back to the first film it's hard to tell if it's set in 1996 or 1986, that Tory Scotland, pre devolution, pre internet time when things seemed to change very slowly.

11 hours ago, McTeeko said:

The first one was made in '96 but set in the 80s. 

It's all fluid and abigouis http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117951/faq?mode=desktop#.2.1.10

Seeing that the whole film Imo is about time, plays in to that fluidity. 

Seems t 2 set today and refer to Renton  age  as 46 (therefore born 70/71 I guess), Refer to Tommy being 23 when he dies. So more  likely film set 90s when in their 20s not teens.