No wonder Eleanor Bradford resigned... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No wonder Eleanor Bradford resigned...

With stories about the collapse of the NHS in England coming out at in a steady stream, it maybe explains why Eleanor Bradford left BBC Scotland.  It is now becoming clear that the NHS in Scotland, whatever its problems, is in a far better state than the NHS in any of the other components of the UK.  Bradford amde her career on a constant diet of "SNP bad" health service stories and I wonder if she realised that once the problems in England particularly were exposed, he scaremongering anti-SNP diatribe would look rather silly.  The whole thing must be very embarrassing for BBC Scotland and I note that they seem to have shut up for now on anything to do with the NHS in Scotland - stories about patients being seen in Scotland within target times are not what they want to have to broadcast, and the figures over Xmas seem to be pretty good.

The NHS in Scotland is by no means perfect, and that is largely due to Westminster cutting funding to Scotland as part of their scorched earth policy, but it is becoming clear that it is a lot better than outside Scotland.  Maybe the Mail or Express or Reporting Scotland, or even the Herald which is slightly less unionist-biased, will actually run that story one day but I won't hold my breath.

15 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Or it might be that dafty liberal fella - whatshisname? He seems to have disappeared off the radar recently.

Rennie.  An utter irrelevance of a man.  Always finding the wrong end of a stick to grasp.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And Kez.

That just shows up how amateurish Labour are.  You would think that after Ruth Davidson, didn't land a blow with her questions on health, that she would have a set of back up questions on a different topic and would go to them instead.

And here's Murdo on the bridge. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

That just shows up how amateurish Labour are.  You would think that after Ruth Davidson, didn't land a blow with her questions on health, that she would have a set of back up questions on a different topic and would go to them instead.

And here's Murdo on the bridge. 

Kez is just showing off her supreme level of ignorance about how trauma care is currently delivered in our hospitals. Shouldn't surprise us really. She probably just read about it in the papers. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even have a clue what trauma care actually is.

Hope Murdo isn't threatening to jump aff, or the bridge will be closed again.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I thought Murdo would have asked a question about sectarian bigotry.  Best to stick to something he knows about.

I suspect that growing up in Inverness and living in Perthshire, he really doesn't know very much about Sectarian bigotry.  If he did do, he wouldn't be so keen to stir the pot so much.   The same can be said for Adam Tompkins.

While it's great if our NHS is better than the dung heap in England, our sights should be better than that.  

There is still plenty wrong with our NHS.  Know a guy who needs a transplant, they won't put him on a waiting list because "he's not ill enough yet".  Waiting list is longer than his life expectancy.  By the time he's ill enough it'll be too late.  There's a lack of honesty and good communication in the NHS on transplants.  It's a story that's not being told.  If there's not enough organs just say so, the bureaucracy ill people have to go through is mindless.

Also, try getting a doctors appointment within 2 weeks at my surgery.  Touch wood, never really need a doctor but the one time I did rudely told why am I phoning at this time (11am instead of 8.30) )and I won't get one for at least two weeks.  Depending on the issue,  possibly mental health, this management is putting people into an early grave.

The SNP are our Government.  I'm a supporter but criticism is important. 

3 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

While it's great if our NHS is better than the dung heap in England, our sights should be better than that.  

There is still plenty wrong with our NHS.  Know a guy who needs a transplant, they won't put him on a waiting list because "he's not ill enough yet".  Waiting list is longer than his life expectancy.  By the time he's ill enough it'll be too late.  There's a lack of honesty and good communication in the NHS on transplants.  It's a story that's not being told.  If there's not enough organs just say so, the bureaucracy ill people have to go through is mindless.

Also, try getting a doctors appointment within 2 weeks at my surgery.  Touch wood, never really need a doctor but the one time I did rudely told why am I phoning at this time (11am instead of 8.30) )and I won't get one for at least two weeks.  Depending on the issue,  possibly mental health, this management is putting people into an early grave.

The SNP are our Government.  I'm a supporter but criticism is important. 

Exact opposite experience with me. My mum received excellent care and attention when having regular dialysis for a few years. Once the disease which had ruined her kidney was fully out her system she was put on the transplant list. One came up, boom, in, op, out, new kidney. Evidently not everyone's experience but wanted to provide balance.

With transplants is the problem not a lack of donors more than anything else?  That SNP government, why can't they go around assassinating people so that they can be cut up for organ donation?

I do agree that you can never stop trying to improve the NHS, but in Scotland in my experience it is actually pretty good.  The main problem is actually the inaccurate perception of crisis that is promoted by the mainstream media with a political motive.